Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Yeah there’s something doing the same to me. Keep having to reload the page?
Yeah. I have to restart a new page. Then my curiousity gets the better of me and I scroll to the tweet...rinse repeat

TheReligion

Abusive
Gerrard Romero, not Fabrizio Romano. Romero is a tier 1 Barca source.
Funny it’s coming from a Barca source though isn’t it? Almost like they want to up the ante…

Chelsea , if you exclude the on loan Saul, have lost 3 squad players. Christensen, Rudiger and Lukaku. If you exclude Grant Utd have lost 5.
Squad players? You’ve lost two first choice CB (including your best one) and your £100m CF.

United have lost the squad players bar arguably Pogba

Castia

If Chelsea want him it will be interesting him fast they get the deal done….it won’t be 2 months that’s for sure.

TheReligion

Abusive
So Barca want 80m euros AND us to pay the wages they still owe FDJ? hahaha.

That club really is deluded. As much as I want him, no chance should we let them take the piss like that. If we miss out, so be it.
Agreed. I’d happily feck the deal off and look elsewhere if that’s what they want and won’t budge on.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
If Chelsea want him it will be interesting him fast they get the deal done….it won’t be 2 months that’s for sure.
Perhaps they'll get it wrapped up fast like the rest of their business this window....oh wait

Bob Rivers

Supports
Chelsea
This is from Catalonian daily Sport that covers everything related to Barca.
https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/chelsea-lanza-jong-negociaciones-azpilicueta-14024990

Chelsea asked for De Jong during the negotiations for Azpilicueta and [Irrelevant point], the two priority full-backs for Xavi.
Between Barça and United there is no agreement yet because MU offered 60 plus 20 in add-ons while Barca want 80 million guaranteed .
Chelsea offered around 60 million euros plus Azpilicueta and [Irrelevant point]. The Blaugrana club has only listened, but prefers cash at the moment without players involved.

Chelsea would be in a position to close an agreement with Frenkie de Jong. It has been known for weeks that Tuchel had contacted the footballer's entourage to comment on the possibility of signing, but nothing has changed until the final negotiations between clubs have begun. The coach sees himself capable of convincing De Jong because he would live in London, and play in the Champions League in a project that can compete for all trophies.

Here's an interesting bit for MU fans.
"At Barça, they trust that Chelsea's move can warm up a Manchester United team that considers De Jong an absolute priority to lead their project."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like another Barca propaganda piece in order to put pressure on MU to pay more for the player. De Jong's transfer can really ease their financial burden and allow them more freedom for further moves.

mobmob

From what I gather, this Relevo is the only people reporting Chelsea are in, and he prefers Chelsea, this is clearly utter bollocks.

In my opinion as it stands the state of play is:

-- Bid accepted (65million + 20million)
-- Player happy to come but would have preferred to stay
-- Hold up is because Barcelona owe him deferred wages (18million)
-- Now all theses reports Chelsea are involved, sounds like Spanish mouthpiece media to try force Uniteds hand! And to deflect the fact they are a shambles!

Esquire

1st September the window closes? And ultimately, all is agreed between the clubs, just between FdJ and Barcelona.

FdJ is key to EtH. So if it takes a little longer than what fans expect, so be it.
Not sure I agree with you b/c this is not just what the fans expect. The FDJ timetable impacts everything else we are trying to do in terms of transfers in. You are assuming we will be successful in getting him in and that we have plenty of time for everything else. I’m not so sure. We are both surmising but I guess you are more optimistic. I hope you are proven right.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
So Barca want 80m euros AND us to pay the wages they still owe FDJ? hahaha.

That club really is deluded. As much as I want him, no chance should we let them take the piss like that. If we miss out, so be it.
Their reply "wanna finish 6th again mate?"

Brophs

The One and Only
Yeah, I agree with all that. I wouldn’t blame United for not being able to get this deal over the line. But I would blame the club if we aren’t ready to immediately sign alternative midfielders if/when we pull the plug on De Jong.
Agree with that. Though I think we'll end up going right back to the start with someone else and getting our pants pulled down on the fee.

I saw a tweet somewhere in the last couple of weeks that said United have other targets and are "keeping them warm". Which I presume means we're signing Kevin Lasagne. Though we could always just promote Will Fish.

M4YON

The sources reporting this are all from the Spanish side of things and Barcelona mouthpiece Romero. Yes they are regarded as reliable, no just because you haven't heard of their name doesn't mean they're bullshit.

The important thing to realise here is this is coming from Barcelona, a clear brief. It will either be reported by Tier 1 sources in the next 24hours (BBC/Athletic/Romano) and its all true OR the links will go cold and it was merely Barcelona trying to force us to react.

Either way the sources aren't the issue.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Agreed. I’d happily feck the deal off and look elsewhere if that’s what they want and won’t budge on.
I think we've tried all we can, but they're so deluded they can't even admit to FDJ they're trying to sell him behind his back. The poor guy's head must be all over the place.

There will be other midfielders in the future, we just have to be ready to pounce quickly. In the short term Fred/Garner/Mejbri/Fernandes/Mctominay/Eriksen will do.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think it’s naive for anyone to think no other club is interested in De Jong. United won’t be the only suitor.

That said the source of this information today especially during the impasse over his wages is certainly a brief to try and force United to pay more money. Much like Laporta commenting the other day.

I mean it’s not rocket science is it? Laporta claims other teams are interested then 24 hours later journos close to Barca are briefed on Chelsea?

Use your brains lads!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
The sources reporting this are all from the Spanish side of things and Barcelona mouthpiece Romero. Yes they are regarded as reliable, no just because you haven't heard of their name doesn't mean they're bullshit.

The important thing to realise here is this is coming from Barcelona, a clear brief. It will either be reported by Tier 1 sources in the next 24hours (BBC/Athletic/Romano) and its all true OR the links will go cold and it was merely Barcelona trying to force us to react.

Fully agree. Hopefully the latter (I'm fairly sure it is)

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/chelsea-lanza-jong-negociaciones-azpilicueta-14024990

Chelsea asked for De Jong during the negotiations for Azpilicueta and [Irrelevant point], the two priority full-backs for Xavi.
Between Barça and United there is no agreement yet because MU offered 60 plus 20 in add-ons while Barca want 80 million guaranteed .
Chelsea offered around 60 million euros plus Azpilicueta and [Irrelevant point]. The Blaugrana club has only listened, but prefers cash at the moment without players involved.

Chelsea would be in a position to close an agreement with Frenkie de Jong. It has been known for weeks that Tuchel had contacted the footballer's entourage to comment on the possibility of signing, but nothing has changed until the final negotiations between clubs have begun. The coach sees himself capable of convincing De Jong because he would live in London, and play in the Champions League in a project that can compete for all trophies.

"At Barça, they trust that Chelsea's move can warm up a Manchester United team that considers De Jong an absolute priority to lead their project."
Sounds like another Barca propaganda piece in order to put pressure on MU to pay more for the player. De Jong's transfer can really ease their financial burden and allow them more freedom for further moves.
Here's what I don't understand... if this is true, why has absolutely no one, no one at all, reported any kind of Chelsea bid? Be it pure cash or cash plus players. I'm absolutely certain that if that was true we'd know about it.

This definitely seems like a Barca pressure campaign

LoneStar

fecks sake I'm tired of this shit. I don't even care if he comes to United anymore.

Is there a way to get banned from this thread? If any mods are watching please do it. I'm dead serious. Thanks.

House Mkhitaryan

Are there any other midfielders that United could sign if this falls through? Should someone start a thread Potential midfielder signings (who aren't named De Jong)?

Jonty

Laurie Whitwell suggests (possibly more opinion) that Barca and United are disagreeing over who pays the outstanding wages.
This would be reminiscent of the Pogba transfer and Juve wanting to dodge Raiola's fee. Let's hope this transfer goes through nonetheless and FDJ has more success than Pogba.

romufc

Yeah Kounde has been super solid for them
Kounde was a target last year, they didn't get him and havent really gone in for him this summer.

Whereas, every source linked to Manutd has said we have put a bid in for De Jong.

Chelsea are looking for CB's and Kounde is not a priority signing like supposedly Frenkie is for us.

Strootman's Finger

Really? I see that as super detailed information that implies this Chelsea link is actually much stronger than anyone realizes.

Berbaclass

This is the actual quote from Laurie Whitwell in terms of his opinion.

"Barca might say, it's up to United if you want the player, pay this extra bit of money and there we go. I think United, justifiably are saying no that's an agreement you struck with your player, you should pay it"

Berbaclass

This would be reminiscent of the Pogba transfer and Juve wanting to dodge Raiola's fee. Let's hope this transfer goes through nonetheless and FDJ has more success than Pogba.
Mitten was heavily comparing it to the Fabregas saga.

Wilt

Utd/Barca fecked about for too long… Chelsea looking to nick him.

They’ll match his wages and of course they‘re in the CL.

HalfBaked22

Any Chelsea tier 1 sources reporting this or are we only hearing this from Barca mouthpieces?

Mmm-Qatarian

Romero is regarded as reliable. The other guy (Toni Juanmarti, who reported the story on Relevo) is ranked as tier 3, which is sort of hot and cold. Jamie Jackson is also tier 3 and he said that we're still confident of signing him, for reference.

Entirely agree with the essence of your post, though.

Berbaclass

Any Chelsea tier 1 sources reporting this or are we only hearing this from Barca mouthpieces?
Not currently. I think their silence will speak volumes. Even more so if they actually come out and rubbish it. I would imagine they are currently working to confirm it one way or another.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
"We should only trust tier 1 sources!"
"Romero is a tier 1 source"
"No... not that one"
depends if they're getting the information, or being fed it though. We know how the spanish clubs work, Barca and Madrid in particular.

They're more than happy to use the press to do their bidding. In return he gets exclusives in the future.

izec

We are fecked, as usual. Too good to be true, dicking around a big signing has never worked out for any club. Chelsea are looking for marquee signings with their new owners, they seem to negotiate on multiple fronts.

It is not easy to close the deal, but we have experts getting paid well to do their job around transfers. That is why we pay them, to offer solutions to difficult transfers.

TheReligion

Abusive
We are fecked, as usual. Too good to be true, dicking around a big signing has never worked out for any club. Chelsea are looking for marquee signings with their new owners, they seem to negotiate on multiple fronts.
Yet they’ve signed no one yet and have been muddling their way through the window..

Scattergun, panicking and clueless

Berbaclass

If Chelsea want a marquee signing, De Jong really isn't it, so I don't get that line of thinking. We all know who is.
I sort of hope they want Ronaldo. In my head that makes the chances of them signing FDJ less likely :lol:

Mmm-Qatarian

"as usual"

It was only last summer that we signed Jadon Sancho, Raphael Varane and Cristiano Ronaldo; can we please end this myth that none of our pursuits of high-profile players end up coming off?

Status
Not open for further replies.