Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean if this is true and not media bullshit then you truly have to admire his resolve. Though you have to question his sanity too, why would you stay at a club that is taking the piss out of you, and is looking to make life so difficult for you
It just wouldn’t make any logical sense whatsoever though, as clubs force players out all the time and make it known that they are no longer welcome, take the case of Jaap Stam for example.
In this case it’ll make less sense, cause of the money issues but also because we know he’s certainly spoken with ETH about the move.

Spanish nonsense.

Last edited:

AshRK

The only logical explanation I can think of is maybe his agent wants de jong to continue saying that so that he gets his money paid. We don't know what sort of clause FDJ and Barca have regarding their repayment. Barca are in a spot because they may have to pay or just keep him and pay eventually. They probably want United to pay up but that's not going to happen.

Rolaholic

People truly believe the club would go through all this trouble, negotiate and keep raising bids and fly out to iron things out in person if there was a chance the player wouldn't sign or agree to move??

Not to mention his beloved club is now coming out and telling him to feck off and its been reprted that his agent has been appalled by his treatment...

We absolutely wouldn't have been in this deep if his decision was still up in the air, Ed Woodward isn't making the calls anymore.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
People truly believe the club would go through all this trouble, negotiate and keep raising bids and fly out to iron things out in person if there was a chance the player wouldn't sign or agree to move??

Not to mention his beloved club is now coming out and telling him to feck off...

We absolutely wouldn't have been in this deep if his decision was still up in the air, Ed Woodward isn't making the calls anymore.
Worth noting that all of this also costs money.

Keefy18

Without a doubt he has given us his word he will join.

Otherwise why would we go through all this trouble agreeing a fee.
Plenty of clubs agree fees over transfers but they don't materialize for any number of reasons.

Chelsea thought they had Raphina, he's now going to be a Barca player.

RedMilo

What is our best lineup like then, if FDJ, Martinez and Eriksen all come?

I presume something like:

DDG
Dalot - Varane - Maguire - Shaw
Martinez? Can he play there? (Fred)
FDJ - Bruno
Sancho - Ronaldo - Rashford
I would go for

DDG
Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw
Fred FDJ
Bruno Eriksen Sancho
Martial or Rashford

Ideally a RB and a striker will be bought as well but that's on the basis that just our 4 main targets come.

Expect Malacia to be gradually eased in.

Also expect Maguire to come in and Martinet to rotate with Fred as a defensive minded midfielder.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Plenty of clubs agree fees over transfers but they don't materialize for any number of reasons.

Chelsea thought they had Raphina, he's now going to be a Barca player.
How often do we agree a fee and not sign a player. 2/3 times in the last decade?

Jack-C20

I try not to comment on transfers too much before it’s confirmed for superstitious reasons but I’m fairly confident with this one. The money he is owed has to be the reason he’s not been any more vocal and apparently wants to stay. He knows Barcelona can’t afford to not sell him so he’s in a strong position.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The only logical explanation I can think of is maybe his agent wants de jong to continue saying that so that he gets his money paid. We don't know what sort of clause FDJ and Barca have regarding their repayment. Barca are in a spot because they may have to pay or just keep him and pay eventually. They probably want United to pay up but that's not going to happen.
Whatever the clause is it'll only happen if he formally place a transfer request. Blowing rumors using his agents doesn't count

RkkMan

Here's evidence from days ago to double down on my stance. Safe to say Fabrizio Romano and the English Media are the ones to go by because the Spanish media are too controversial

kps88

I mean, he's allowed to have a last minute change of heart. But I agree it is very unlikely.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I've never bet on transfers.

Currently smashed but if it drags on to the next pay day I will stick a few euro on it.
You still think he’ll stay at Barca??

Thus wasn’t a financial bet, this was a balls to the wall.. “If I’m wrong, I’ll take a perma ban on the caf” bet

TsuWave

Oh okay, I didn't think that was a major update as only the price had changed. Always thought fee was agreed in principle for the last few days.

He did tap in on the Zinchenko news though,
Ornstein regularly credits Fabrizio. For some reason some weirdos on this website have some sort of vendetta against the guy, and keep questioning him. Here's another one:

maybe it's time to accept Fabrizio knows what he's talking about/is good at what he does/has connections/sources

Man-United

Only United can spend this much money on a player his current team doesn't even want.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Here's evidence from days ago to double down on my stance. Safe to say Fabrizio Romano and the English Media are the ones to go by because the Spanish media are too controversial
Some in here were saying Relevo were absolutely reliable and should be believed... wonder if they think that now?

jameyzane

Only a clueless person will think Fabrizio Romano is phoning it in. Do you know what it takes to become the GOAT of football journalists reporting on transfers? He didn't get there by reporting hit or miss pieces.

Keefy18

How often do we agree a fee and not sign a player. 2/3 times in the last decade?
United I'm not too sure, we've had so many transfer mess ups the last while its hard to remember the details of them all tbh.

Still its not that uncommon a thing to happen.

Deals get hijacked often.

You still think he’ll stay at Barca??

Thus wasn’t a financial bet, this was a balls to the wall.. “If I’m wrong, I’ll take a perma ban on the caf” bet
Ah some other poster mentioned a financial bet to me I think yesterday.

IrishRedDevil

:lol: eh? If you're not ITK, you don't get an opinion!
We don't need to hear your opinions after every update. Your opinion won't stop the tweets being posted. Your opinions won't stop the tweets. Those guys make a living by posting updates on Twitter, deal with it.

Plg91

Murtough: ...
de Jong: ...
Laporta: "Frenkie? My dear, I don't give a dime"

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I think he will sign and then we will see some tacky social media video to announce the signing and that he is thrilled to sign.

That being said, there’s enough smoke in the media for the “I want to stay at Barcelona” vibes not to be true. It remained true for Dembele. So it will be interesting to see if he doesn’t get homesick in rainy Manchester.

Mmm-Qatarian

Ornstein regularly credits Fabrizio. For some reason some weirdos on this website have some sort of vendetta against the guy, and keep questioning him. Here's another one:

maybe it's time to accept Fabrizio knows what he's talking about/is good at what he does/has connections/sources
I understand his "tap in" stuff wears thin sometimes but it's obvious to anyone who is paying the slightest bit of attention that Romano is still very well-connected.

Unam333

It's the clubs job and the leaders of the dressing room, if they have any sense they know the situation and the best thing that they can do is make him feel at home and appreciated. The same applies to Old Trafford, it's one of these rare cases where the fans have an actual impact.
I mean that's life, people move from their dream jobs/clubs sometimes and just adapt. Beckham moved on from United when he didn't want to leave, sometimes you aren't good enough, sometimes the club can't afford you, sometimes the club plans in a different way. Its not a huge deal and it happens relatively often that a player leaves their dream club.
It sucks to be pushed out of a club/ company. Really sucks, especially when you're settled. Frenkie must feel like cattle right now. But that's the risk of being a footballer. Just accept that you may be transfered. A football career is short: win trophies, earn lots of money and embrace the new opportunities, lifestyle and culture that come along when at a new club and in a new country. He will be still very young when he retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.