Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
With Fabian Ruiz going to PSG that's the ideal FDJ alternative off the table imo. Struggling to think of anyone who can really progress the ball while also being solid defensively.
I mentioned it in his thread but according to RMC there are two other clubs after Ruiz and PSG don't have an agreement with the player.

Dazzmondo

Sorry not Chelsea, Tuchel last night in his statement after the game saying Midfield wasn't a priority.

My mistake!
Source? Only things I could find from Tuchel's press conference yesterday in relation to transfers was that Alonso was actively looking to join Barca which is why he wasn't in the squad. No mention of midfield.

RedRob

"I believe. I believe there will be more. T
That was oddly foretelling!

In fairness, he's not wrong. Things that are happening include the Tory leadership race, A Level and GCSE exams being marked, and Asda preparing a sale on wine. It's just that none of the things that are happening seem to include development on the sale of FDJ to United.

It's the classic Obi-Wan Kenobi defence: "What I told you was true, from a certain point of view."

RedOrange

If Barca is feeding this to Romero, that's good news for us, as it shows they're desperately hoping for another club to make a bid and force United to up their offer. Hopefully it's not just Romero making things up for attention right before United's first match.

Rolaholic

So with Werner and possible CHO leaving Chelsea are going to be even lighter in the attacking department...

Are they really going to justify spending 85m on a MF when they have such glaring holes in attack??

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Sorry not Chelsea, Tuchel last night in his statement after the game saying Midfield wasn't a priority.

My mistake!
That's as good as Chelsea for me :lol:

Missed that statement

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Source? Only things I could find from Tuchel's press conference yesterday in relation to transfers was that Alonso was actively looking to join Barca which is why he wasn't in the squad. No mention of midfield.
Here's a direct quote from Tuchel:

"I think if we can add to the squad we add. Midfielders maybe not the first option but we can use new legs and fresh input to bring us to a new level. If not, we will push. We could use some input and more quality. We are on it."

I really wouldn't read too much into it. Getting another CB (Fofana links) is clearly the first priority but Tuchel doesn't exactly rule out signings for other positions either. Maybe if it's just one or the other he'll go for the CB but if there are funds to improve other areas as well he'll definitely be on the look out.

Judas

Open to offers
This Romero bloke may have info, but he's so desperate to take advantage of his new found big stage fame this summer, it's obvious. Talking for talkings sake.

OrcaFat

Can't really see it, though he'd fit in quite nicely. Not exactly an investment for the long term, though
Yeah, I mean he is an exceptional player so can probably fit in most teams. Would they be looking to replace Silva with him? Anyway, I can’t see him coming here even if City don’t want him.

Dazzmondo

Here's a direct quote from Tuchel:

"I think if we can add to the squad we add. Midfielders maybe not the first option but we can use new legs and fresh input to bring us to a new level. If not, we will push. We could use some input and more quality. We are on it."

I really wouldn't read too much into it. Getting another CB (Fofana links) is clearly the first priority but Tuchel doesn't exactly rule out signings for other positions either. Maybe if it's just one or the other he'll go for the CB but if there are funds to improve other areas as well he'll definitely be on the look out.
Ok thanks. Ya, I definitely think people are overreacting to that. Clearly they need a cb desperately and that is the priority. Doesn't mean midfield isn't an area they're also looking to strengthen.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This Romero bloke may have info, but he's so desperate to take advantage of his new found big stage fame this summer, it's obvious. Talking for talkings sake.
To be fair, he has a twitch channel and talks about Barcelona every day. The issue here is twitter aggregators that take things out of context, for example about him answering a question from his chat.

WPMUFC

well it finally happened, Romero jumped the shark :lol:

In the space of two days a random twitter translator had to clarify his BS "feelings" comments and now he's spaffing "agent gossip" up a wall. Christ. :lol:

mu4c_20le

Makes zero sense for PSG since they're signing Ruiz. Also extremely hard to believe that Campos will sell fecking Veratti in his first window in charge...
Have you seen his injury record last year? This would be a genius move to refresh their squad

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Ok thanks. Ya, I definitely think people are overreacting to that. Clearly they need a cb desperately and that is the priority. Doesn't mean midfield isn't an area they're also looking to strengthen.
In his post match interview he said "defence and attack are our priorities, midfield not so much".

Those words came out of this mouth, if journalists want to twist that in their articles, fine. But that is what he said.

Mr Smith

So with Werner and possible CHO leaving Chelsea are going to be even lighter in the attacking department...

Are they really going to justify spending 85m on a MF when they have such glaring holes in attack??
No. And their attack isn't even their highest priority, they've still got five players for three positions. It's defence they need to sort, they have three senior CB's with an average age of 33 with no cover.

Rolaholic

No. And their attack isn't even their highest priority, they've still got five players for three positions. It's defence they need to sort, they have three senior CB's with an average age of 33 with no cover.
They're already seemingly ready to break the transfer record on Fofana

Mr Smith

Have you seen his injury record last year? This would be a genius move to refresh their squad
They've already signed two midfielders this summer, and Ruiz would be a third. I'd be absolutely shocked if De Jong ended up at PSG. Also Veratti is a core player at PSG, there would be no reason for them to sell him.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Makes zero sense for PSG since they're signing Ruiz. Also extremely hard to believe that Campos will sell fecking Veratti in his first window in charge...
0 chance of that happening, Verratti is like Nasser's son and will probably finish his carreer at PSG. Nobody is selling Verratti.

cyberman

Wants to go somewhere that challenges for titles.
Goes to a one horse, no challenge league for a side who has never won the CL.
Makes all the sense

dinostar77

Pretty obvious from the match yesterday and motd analysis that chelsea need a forward. Having spent close to £200mil this summer i cant see them going to £350mil to get fdj and a striker.

Giggsy13

At this stage it seems like his fiancée is briefing the media not his agent. She seems to be wearing the pants in that relationship.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
PSV? Feyenoord what are you doing? Get in on this deal, our rivals are getting better. :mad:

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Behave mate. Chelsea are absolutely not going to sign FDJ for 85m just to make sure Utd don’t finish top 4. That’s ridiculous. If they buy FDJ, they will do so because they think he’ll improve them.
Probably not. But they might pretend to in order to make us spend more than we wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.