Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josep Dowling

Frenkie isn’t the savour. What happens when he’s injured or we need to rotate? McFred will still get games and that’s the biggest concern for this season.

Chief123

I don’t mean to dampen the very little excitement left with this transfer, but we are in for plenty more problems with Maguire, Martinez and FDJ as our defensive base in a high line. They’ll be great in possession, but the deficiencies out of possession are still going to be glaring like we saw today. The amount of times we are going to get hit on the counter attack is worrying.

FDJ won’t help the problem we had out of possession today. His defensive side isn’t the best.

Godfather

One thing is for sure. He alone won't be enough for our CM. Which makes it even more frustrating we lose so much time just chasing him

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Barca play in an hour. Rumours are that Frenkie is starting in goal with Mikky in his preferred 6 role, because it’s what she wanted and he’s a ****

sewey89

Barca’s ‘official squad presentation’ in 20 minutes

TheReligion

Abusive
I don’t mean to dampen the very little excitement left with this transfer, but we are in for plenty more problems with Maguire, Martinez and FDJ as our defensive base in a high line. They’ll be great in possession, but the deficiencies out of possession are still going to be glaring like we saw today. The amount of times we are going to get hit on the counter attack is worrying.

FDJ won’t help the problem we had out of possession today. His defensive side isn’t the best.
It won’t be a complete midfield no but it will give us much more control having a high quality DLP. It will improve us at both ends of the pitch.

Eriksen playing the role today second half showed that.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Beg him, buy him, buy a midfield partner for him otherwise it's pointless.

Chief123

It won’t be a complete midfield no but it will give us much more control having a high quality DLP. It will improve us at both ends of the pitch.

Eriksen playing the role today second half showed that.
Yes I agree the hope is to be more comfortable in possession and be more press resistant which doesn’t invite pressure.

I’m just concerned about counter attacks where you have to face pace on the break.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Hopefully todays shit show will help speed up a recruitment drive. Had we beaten BHA the owners may have thought we dont need any more players

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
As fickle as it sounds, 1st game of the season, I think it's important to start well to send a message to signings too. What on earth would give encouragement to Frenkie after that to come here if he even leaves Barca?

TheReligion

Abusive
Yes I agree the hope is to be more comfortable in possession and be more press resistant which doesn’t invite pressure.

I’m just concerned about counter attacks where you have to face pace on the break.
I think we have to accept it won’t all be fixed in one go though.

izec

As fickle as it sounds, 1st game of the season, I think it's important to start well to send a message to signings too. What on earth would give encouragement to Frenkie after that to come here if he even leaves Barca?
Nothing, he will seek to stay or go to Chelsea.

Chief123

Hopefully todays shit show will help speed up a recruitment drive. Had we beaten BHA the owners may have thought we dont need any more players
Yes that’s the only hope.

It took a shit result at home to Burnley I believe which made is get the Bruno deal done in January. I’m not sure we would have pushed it through if it wasn’t for the bad result.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I know shit all about Ten Hag - but if all he achieves here is bringing De Jong in then I still think that’s worth it.

He just seems like a transfer towards the right direction even if no one else of Ten Hag targets does.

sewey89

I’m all seriousness though. I’m very confident once again that we’ll sign him. The throwing in of PSG’s name after tuchel distanced himself wasn’t a coincidence.

Counterfactual

Yes that’s the only hope.

It took a shit result at home to Burnley I believe which made is get the Bruno deal done in January. I’m not sure we would have pushed it through if it wasn’t for the bad result.
Sadly, that summarises everything wrong with the club... reactive and slow in every department.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We might have to pay that 20 million, I would really prefer it if we had this fecker in time for Liverpool.

ErikTenHag17

I fully understand ETH persistence to bring FDJ in; he can really dictate the tempo of a game. I follow Ajax quite closely and FDJ really was/is a special and unique player. However, he is not enough. We need at least 3 or 4 more players. Ziyech would be an obvious one for me. In the right system, he is the ideal RW for UTD and he is 100% a better option then Antony. Every Ajax supporter can confirm that Ziyech is a much better footballer than Antony (Antony obviously has a lot of potential, but he really still needs time). Ziyech will have immediate effect and is perfect for the short term. Also, really not surprised that Donny is not a star. At Ajax he also played hide and seek. However, he scored a lot, and people thought that he was good because of it… It would be ideal to bring an extra midfielder in, like SMS or Fabian Ruiz. If the stories about Sane are true, that would be a no-brainer. Imagine this team; DDG
Dest-Varane-Martinez-Malacia
SMS-FDJ
Eriksen/Bruno
Ziyech/Sancho-Ronaldo-Sane

*Hakimi really would be a dream on the long run

Chief123

I know right, I'm not seeing anything special at all about ETH... Yes its early days and he needs time, but I want to see a ruthless manager that will actually drop players.

Instead he's stuck with McFred through the pre-season and starts them today.

If they start vs Brentford his a dead man walking.

Aye damage is done.

Best part of 3 months spent chasing a player to be mugged off by him. If he can feckin well convince a former player to join his project it absolutely speaks volumes of his character / charisma (lack there of).

We now have 24 days left to panic buy and over spend. Any club we enter into negotiations with will know the funds we have left as the bid was accepted by Barca and considering there is so little time left they will want extra compensation as a replacement is quite unlikely.

You'd think having been here before a few times as a club already you'd consider this?

Yep, some folks just want an echo chamber and to live in fantasy land and pretend were still the biggest and best club in world football.

We'll finish midtable at best this year and we'll go into next summer a mess too I reckon.. Murtuagh will be shown up then for failing too, although he already is this summer.
I mean with this with greatest respect and I hope you don’t take it personally, but you do talk a load of absolute bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.