Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

redshaw

Crunch time.

With how Barca are spinning his contract and trying to wriggle out of it I expect he'll have to stay at least for a season. It'll be too late to come to any deal.

Maybe a CL club could be talked into a loan at the death with an obligation to buy. Barca get the wage off the books for a year and a loan fee for whatever Chelsea have left to spend for example say 25-30m with 10-20m paid next year, perhaps Barca can just about manage. The buying club get a future prospect on the cheap a summer or two early.

Bob Rivers

Supports
Chelsea
Incredible. Spanish radio claim Barcelona jointly set-up a holdings company to which it paid €150m of its own money to buy its own assets (to inflate value of sale). La Liga rejected it as not "new" money. Barça must now pay €37.5m tax on this payment. (per Collin Millar).

DutchCruijff

Exactly. I dont get why people dont understand this?

If you follow the pattern, you'll realise they'll be fine.

They had same issues last season, ended up registering all.

In June it was reported they need 600m by end of June or they cant sign players.

They spent alot of money, then it was mentioned, 31st July, whoops that's gone too.

It was said, they need to sell to buy, sold no one, bought loads.

Now, they cant register their signings unless they sell... see the pattern?

I guarantee they'll be fine.
They had to kick out Messi last year.

So up for debate as to "they'll be fine" considering they haven't made any major cuts this summer.

Chief123

La Liga have rejected their attempts to register them, so while I agree that they'll find a way, the dismissal of it being an issue by some in here is weird
They pull one more lever and that 100m deficit gets resolved. Barca won't pull that until they know exactly how much transfer fee revenue they will make before the deadline. They want to see how much the players bring in before taking out that loan.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Incredible. Spanish radio claim Barcelona jointly set-up a holdings company to which it paid €150m of its own money to buy its own assets (to inflate value of sale). La Liga rejected it as not "new" money. Barça must now pay €37.5m tax on this payment. (per Collin Millar).
:lol:

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Beautiful

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
I’ve read about their selling 25% of the next 25 years of tv money or something. Seems like absolutely reckless management. I think I’d rather sell De Jong if I was them.
They already did and it's not enough to register players. They need more money somehow.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
They pull one more lever and that 100m deficit gets resolved. Barca won't pull that until they know exactly how much transfer fee revenue they will make before the deadline. They want to see how much the players bring in before taking out that loan.
It's not sustainable to just keep getting loans though :lol:

Jacob

I so so wish this is true :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So two days ago Laporta professed his love for Frenkie and now he's trying to take him to court to keep his money from him. I feel bad for his wife.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I’ve read that Chelsea will only make a bid once the player has agreed to a move. Might explain them not having submitted an official bid yet - though Tuchel denied an interest in the midfielder and they’re supposedly about to submit a third offer for Fofana.
Didn’t say we aren’t interested in a midfielder, just that it’s not the top priority.

Think it’s pretty obvious that our club doesn’t want to get burned like they have twice already with Raphinha and Koundé. No more bidding for a player and agreeing with the club first before agreeing anything with the player.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Outstanding.. So one of their pay day loans has left them 37.5m worse off? :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I've held out a tiny bit of hope this would happen, now I'm fully convinced it's not

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Ornstein: Barcelona threaten legal action over Frenkie de Jong contract

Barcelona have told Frenkie de Jong they want to annul his existing contract and return to the deal he was on before, alleging the terms given to him by the club’s previous board involved criminality and provide grounds for legal action against those involved, The Athletic can reveal.

The Catalan side have serious financial problems and among the ways they are trying to improve matters is by selling De Jong or reaching an agreement with him over deferred wages he is owed.

There has so far been no sign of a compromise between the 25-year-old Netherlands midfielder and his employers in what is becoming one of the most extraordinary sagas the game has seen.

Summit

So two days ago Laporta professed his love for Frenkie and now he's trying to take him to court to keep his money from him. I feel bad for his wife.
This court thing was the 15th of July

Chief123

One thing which is such a Utd thing to do is the mere fact that Barca are incredibly desperate to get FDJ out of the club and off the books, yet Barca have managed to pull off an amazing agreement with Utd to pay upto 85m for him. That's an amazing fee negotiation for someone they can't wait to get out of the door. Has there ever been a higher transfer fee for a player the club desperately wants to ship out?

Summit

One thing which is such a Utd thing to do is the mere fact that Barca are incredibly desperate to get FDJ out of the club and off the books, yet Barca have managed to pull off an amazing agreement with Utd to pay upto 85m for him. That's an amazing fee negotiation for someone they can't wait to get out of the door. Has there ever been a higher transfer fee for a player the club desperately wants to ship out?
Messi? Don't know how much he was bought for but I imagine more

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
TBH I think they've made that up.

Chief123

Didn’t say we aren’t interested in a midfielder, just that it’s not the top priority.

Think it’s pretty obvious that our club doesn’t want to get burned like they have twice already with Raphinha and Koundé. No more bidding for a player and agreeing with the club first before agreeing anything with the player.
Yep, exactly this.

Tuchel never denied they were after a midfielder. When asked about recruitments in every department he just agreed but said "midfield not so much of a priority".

I just have a feeling Chelsea are waiting to sniper this deal.

Chief123

Messi? Don't know how much he was bought for but I imagine more
He left on a free transfer. He was effectively a free agent from what I remember based on his contract giving him an option to leave each summer.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
‘Embarrassing to our club’ IS pulling a Rich Strike & weaving its way to the front of the pack!

Born2Lose

Should have told EtH to put it back in his trousers and moved on from this farce over a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.