Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Tuchel is mostly guiding Boehly through this window. The idea that Boehly is just blindly jumping from deal to deal on his own without a single clue about what he’s doing is bizarre.
I think that’s exactly what is happening.

mu4c_20le

Tuchel is mostly guiding Boehly through this window. The idea that Boehly is just blindly jumping from deal to deal on his own without a single clue about what he’s doing is bizarre.
I'm sure he has an input. But I don't believe for a second that Cucurella was the result of extensive planning. What I mean is he probably recognizes the difficulty in making signings this summer, so when the opportunity came up, he's like feck it, he's useful

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Imagine taking a transfer thread on redcafe seriously.
It's got nothing to do with taking a "transfer thread seriously" (@JPRouve tagged me with what was clearly a joke in relation to this, that's cool), but that you are unable to understand that some of the comments can be at best in really poor taste is a bit of a shame.

DutchCruijff

I have wrote many times in this thread that she is probably one of the major hold ups, she is happy there and that is fine and her choice but she is seemingly putting that above her partners career, if you read all her posts on him joining Barca and living there it is clear that it is her dream as well, not just a dream he once had.
Want to add though that she does not deserve hate for this, we all have dreams, but maybe she should realise that being a footballers wife that you cannot demand where you live and who you play for, football doesn't work like that.
There is something wrong when your partner is being abused on his way to work, is being threatened with legal action and is being humiliated by the club and it is only likely to get WORSE if he stays put.

You have to be sick in head to want to put your partner through that.

Trex

It's got nothing to do with taking a "transfer thread seriously" (@JPRouve tagged me with what was clearly a joke in relation to this, that's cool), but that you are unable to understand that some of the comments can be at best in really poor taste is a bit of a shame.
That's why I said you should take a chill pill.

buchansleftleg

The first sign of positive news will be talk of Garner being sold / loaned to Forest or a similar club. That will mean we have got one of FdJ or SMS lined up and
Bitch

Barcelona appears more glamorous than Manchester but a lot of that is down to branding. If we renamed Piccadilly Gardens as "La Ramblas" it would sound more exotic. As it is both areas have a heady mix of tourists, criminal elements and Homeless people. But La Ramblas makes Barcelona's appear more attractive.

TheHeya

All of these journos have no fecking clue. Always start the tweet or articles with how we ‘may’ do this or ‘could’ do that

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The first sign of positive news will be talk of Garner being sold / loaned to Forest or a similar club. That will mean we have got one of FdJ or SMS lined up and
Likely more linked to Rabiot

Flexdegea

Its clear Boehly has no idea what he’s doing. If he’s conducting himself like this it will explain why they have failed so sign so many players this season.

It's pathetic, embarrassing and humiliating to be frank

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm sure he has an input. But I don't believe for a second that Cucurella was the result of extensive planning. What I mean is he probably recognizes the difficulty in making signings this summer, so when the opportunity came up, he's like feck it, he's useful
That doesn’t mean Tuchel doesn’t have veto power, if he doesn’t like the player. Of course some moves are opportunistic, but Tuchel himself has said outside training sessions, he’s essentially the acting sporting director alongside Boehly.

Berbaclass

That doesn’t mean Tuchel doesn’t have veto power, if he doesn’t like the player. Of course some moves are opportunistic, but Tuchel himself has said outside training sessions, he’s essentially the acting sporting director alongside Boehly.
What makes you think Tuchel has any power? He’s not their guy.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I think that’s exactly what is happening.
Perhaps you need a rethink… or to stop blindly following media narrative, as you yourself can tell from this shit show, the media doesn’t know anything.

We haven’t bid and will not bid. You guys are in such a panic about this one deal you don’t see straight.

Berbaclass

Perhaps you need a rethink… or to stop blindly following media narrative, as you yourself can tell from this shit show, the media doesn’t know anything.

We haven’t bid and will not bid. You guys are in such a panic about this one deal you don’t see straight.
I just enjoy trashing Chelsea mate. I’m not in any panic :lol:

Gandalf

Waiting for months with our pants around our ankles is equally ridiculous. Why not just go for the alternatives if we have them as alternatives. It's not like we are building from a position of strength and can thus just wait indefinitely for that one player who is the missing piece. We are completely underwhelming, especially in CM, yet we are nowhere close to getting any deals done. A lot of paper talk. Nothing for our club seems easy and frankly soon a lot of fans will start feeling apathetic about it or will just bury their head in the sand and say all is fine (like we are seeing even now).
Presumably because until the last few days we were still receiving encouragement from FDJ that he was open to the move. I get that it looks ridiculous at this point but if we had bought the alternatives sooner and then FDJ had decided to come we would have looked equally stupid saying sorry we spent all our cash and ended up with a consolation prize and can't get the manager the player he wanted most of all.

It is not to defend the club. Frankly we are showing a stunning lack of ambition in this window but I rather lay that entirely at the door of the Glazers than Arnold or Murtagh. We are seeing Chelsea going all in on a spending spree that could top 400M by the time they are done just 2 years on from blowing over 200M right in the middle of the pandemic. This is not in any way to slight Chelsea but at this point we still generate more revenue and it is quite pathetic that when everyone inside and outside of the club can see that a complete rebuild is needed we appear to be desperate to keep our net spend at around a quarter of what Boehly is willing to do.

If FDJ does wind up at Chelsea it will be in part not just because of the CL football this year but also because he will have looked at our team and thought how on earth are that mob going to get top 4 even if I go there? If we had opened the summer with a couple of statement signings like Osimhen and Anthony I am sure Frenkie would be thinking our project looks a whole lot more exciting and be tempted to be a part of it. Telling him to come and forge a partnership with McTominay so that he can create chances for Anthony fecking Elanga has to be a massive turn off, we probably couldn't win a bidding war for him against West Ham with that offer.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What makes you think Tuchel has any power? He’s not their guy.
It’s just what Matt Law, and the caf favourite Ben Jacobs, have reported at the start of the summer around the time Cech and Marina left.

Berbaclass

It’s just what Matt Law, and the caf favourite Ben Jacobs, have reported at the start of the summer around the time Cech and Marina left.
They’re just saying that to not rock the boat. I think Tuchel is under enormous pressure and if he falters he’ll be sacked. Especially with how much money has been spent.

Laurencio

Telling him to come and forge a partnership with Bruno Fernandes and Christian Eriksen so that he can create chances for Cristiano fecking Ronaldo has to be a massive turn off, we probably couldn't win a bidding war for him against West Ham with that offer.
I fixed that for you.

Indy_Red

There is something wrong when your partner is being abused on his way to work, is being threatened with legal action and is being humiliated by the club and it is only likely to get WORSE if he stays put.

You have to be sick in head to want to put your partner through that.
I totally agree, most people would be giving that employer the middle finger, but everything she has posted has been on how sad she would be to leave the city of her dreams, not how her partner is being ridiculed by the club he loves, maybe though that would make things worse so who knows.
But one thing seems certain is that she wants to continue her dream, but at what cost of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.