Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Lasso

the last Bernardo Silva offer. Maybe if they get him in we will see some FDJ out rumors fly.
The fact that Barcelona has made the bid means Frenkie has been agreed by ALL parties. Add the context of the London trip and you have all the signs you need to get to Muppet nirvana.

Wing Attack Plan R

He's not taking a wage cut. Barca are obligated to pay him what's in the contract and that includes paying some of that 17m in deferred wages. So next summer he'll be a whole lot richer and Barca will owe him less.
All these "palancas" are really just Barcelona weaseling out of their debts and creating some dodgy Ponzi scheme with the gov't and/or mob, right? Gawd, I detest them. Maybe Frenkie will stay and his weekly wage packet will drive the other players insane, a slow poison from within. Cut to: a year from now, Barcelona in administration.

BerryBerryShrew

If Bernardo makes the move that'll give me ample confidence that we're still pushing for a late move.
No way Bernardo makes the move. Citeh would either have to source and sign a worldclass replacement in around a half hour or sign FdJ as the Bernardo replacement.

hobbers

All these "palancas" are really just Barcelona weaseling out of their debts and creating some dodgy Ponzi scheme with the gov't and/or mob, right? Gawd, I detest them. Maybe Frenkie will stay and his weekly wage packet will drive the other players insane, a slow poison from within. Cut to: a year from now, Barcelona in administration.
That's a fair point given how many of his team mates have agreed to huge wage cuts.

I'm sure they expected everyone in their situation to either sign a new deal or be sold. He must be the only one who hasn't had to do either, so can't imagine he'll be very popular in the dressing room.

Wing Attack Plan R

Here's what it comes down to: tonight's match against Leicester. If the lads give it their all, Frenkie will sign for us. I'm talking 3 goals to zero, minimum. We, of course, have to keep up our end of the bargain and keep these pages coming, but it's really down to the lads on the pitch.

joedirt87

No way Bernardo makes the move. Citeh would either have to source and sign a worldclass replacement in around a half hour or sign FdJ as the Bernardo replacement.
Since City actually get their business done efficiently I would imagine they have a potential replacement ready to go, the Silva talk has been swirling for weeks.

Hoof the ball

I don't see that happening. Pep will want to have a replacement in place.
Why do you lay these troubles on an already troubled mind? Can you not see? The Muppets are wearied by your malcontent, your anti-muppetry.

Wing Attack Plan R

That's a fair point given how many of his team mates have agreed to huge wage cuts.

I'm sure they expected everyone in their situation to either sign a new deal or be sold. He must be the only one who hasn't had to do either, so can't imagine he'll be very popular in the dressing room.
"Hey guys, I just signed my new contract with a 50% wage reduction, for the good of the club. Glad we're all pulling together on thi... What? We're all doing the pay cut thing, right? Frenkie did what? Guys? Hello?"

Woziak

Here's what it comes down to: tonight's match against Leicester. If the lads give it their all, Frenkie will sign for us. I'm talking 3 goals to zero, minimum. We, of course, have to keep up our end of the bargain and keep these pages coming, but it's really down to the lads on the pitch.
I hope your right I’m feeling a different result and we get turned over by vardy

pogbasformerbarber

All I want to say is that we better make sure to have all of our fax machines in perfect working order if we come to an 11th hour deal here...

Knightmare7

Why do you lay these troubles on an already troubled mind? Can you not see? The Muppets are wearied by your malcontent, your anti-muppetry.
Simbelmyne. Ever has it grown on the tombs of my forebears. Now it shall cover the grave of my Frenkie de Jong transfer thread. Alas, that these evil days should be mine. The de Jong threads perish and the Ronaldo threads linger. That I should live to see the last days of this thread.

Knightmare7

Look at my muppets. Their courage hangs by a thread. If this is to be our end, then I would have them make such an end, as to be worthy of remembrance.

Gasolin

The fact that Barcelona has made the bid means Frenkie has been agreed by ALL parties. Add the context of the London trip and you have all the signs you need to get to Muppet nirvana.
Didn't Fabrizio say FdJ is staying? So...

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
If Fabrizio says he is staying put, then why believe otherwise? he's the best source there is nowadays.

ForeverRed1

No one’s posted romanos tweets that frenkie has never changed his mind and is staying?

This one 10000000% isn’t happening, never actually was. He doesn’t want to leave Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.