Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

I have absolutely no opinion on Goldbridge. I don't watch (or listen to?) his show. I couldn't pick him out of a police lineup. The only reason I know of his existence is based on him being talked about on here.

Suggesting he must have some kind of inside information because his show gets x number of hits is pretty obviously an idea that makes no sense.
Okay did you not read what I responded back to you? He’s a big platform I’m sure being so big has its perks. Like most thing’s in life. I’m not claiming he’s so itk mastermind. I’m sure pointing out he probably has good relationships with very credible people.

It’s called networking.

Kaushal

Nothing flares up the emotions like the mere mention of the name of goldbridge does on this forum. :lol:

Wait, before you crucify me I don’t endorse him or take his word as a gospel. I don’t think anybody has a clue regarding de Jong. There are so many conflicting reports. It seems like it’s gonna drag on and on.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
According to Goldbridge Barcelona had agreed to sell De Jong to us despite United hasn't yet made a bid for him yet. I wonder how that works exactly
Nothing official is sent until most of the T&Cs on a term sheet have been crossed out.

Okey

Nothing official is sent until most of the T&Cs on a term sheet have been crossed out.
How does that work with bids that get rejected? Cos clearly T&Cs hadn't been crossed out for those. General honest question, not specific to Frenkie.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
How does that work with bids that get rejected? Cos clearly T&Cs hadn't been crossed out for those. General honest question, not specific to Frenkie.
There is a point where most of the T&Cs are crossed to enable folks to sit down and then negotiate -- like payment structure for example. What's the basic requirement for Barca? And what can United offer?

city-puma

If I were Frenkie, I will make the move. He won’t make much difference in Barca, but he now has chance to become a legend in manutd. It’s no brainer really.

Withnail

Okay did you not read what I responded back to you? He’s a big platform I’m sure being so big has its perks. Like most thing’s in life. I’m not claiming he’s so itk mastermind. I’m sure pointing out he probably has good relationships with very credible people.

It’s called networking.
Your just being contrary then aren't you?

Goldbridge is banned in transfer thread because he's full of shit.

ShinjiNinja26

That changes every summer. Do you mean the tap in merchants who report deals once they are officially done?

If so why are you so upset. Just wait until United account tweets deal agreed.
They can change but there’s generally a few that are pretty consistent. Just look at the tier 1 list in the transfer thread. Also who said I was getting upset?

NLunited

Getting tired of the Frenkie needs a dm to cover him mantra. A ball winning cm works good next to him.

Fred starts for the Brazil team, he would be fine alongside Frenkie.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's move that makes sense for everyone. Barcelona need the money. We need a playmaker. And FDJ gets to play his ideal role under the manager he played his best footy under. It'll just be a long negotiation process as everyone is angling for the best possible.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Getting tired of the Frenkie needs a dm to cover him mantra. A ball winning cm works good next to him.

Fred starts for the Brazil team, he would be fine alongside Frenkie.
We should sign 2 CMs. Frenkie can play with Fred but I'd add another more physically gifted midfielder.

Paul_Scholes18

De Jong would be a fantastic signing. Such a signing with 2-3 other good ones that could make us challenge for the title if Ten Haag can get his ideas across fast.
If not next year we could possibly challenge more.

The second biggest question though is do we hope Maguire or Shaw comes good or replace one of them? Both probably a bit too much money on def to replace when we need a winger as well.

I think realistic we could challenge for the cups this year and have an OK league season between 3-5. I just hope Ten Haag makes us a force in the big games so we can challenge for titles soon enough.

Mainoldo

They can change but there’s generally a few that are pretty consistent. Just look at the tier 1 list in the transfer thread. Also who said I was getting upset?
Yeah but these guys rarely break news they just confirm breaking news. That was my point. They all have a place. It’s also how these threads gear momentum.

There only credible and tier 1 because they refuse to mess with uncertain news.

RVN1991

My prediction on how this will unfold; we'll chase him for the majority of the window only for him to go to City or PSG 3/4 days after initially being linked with them. Seen this movie way too many times.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
That clown started out as a fake ITK on twitter. I wouldn't listen to a word he says.
Oh I don't believe me. He's an embarrassment.

It should be shocking he has become so popular but then when you think about it its not really. There's a lot of Mark Goldbridges in this fanbase sadly.

He plays FIFA now doesn't he for views? He's nearly 40 and filing himself playing FIFA for 14 year olds. Needs grow up.

luke511

It should be shocking he has become so popular but then when you think about it its not really. There's a lot of Mark Goldbridges in this fanbase sadly.

He plays FIFA now doesn't he for views? He's nearly 40 and filing himself playing FIFA for 14 year olds. Needs grow up.
How old are you?

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button

Is he even a United fan? Sure I read somewhere that he wasn’t. Can’t stand him.

Andrew7582

What's wrong with a 40 year old playing FIFA, should he stop doing what he enjoys just because he's middle aged?

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Why does he need to grow up? The bad takes in here blow my mind.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

I see he's on talksport these days which shows how desperate they are. :lol: You have to laugh but it's quite sad that this guy is considered as the main voice of the fanbase. He's an absolute tit and hasn't got a clue about United.

DarkXaero

Anyone else feel like the same "updates/reports" are being repeated in this so far? How many times does it need to be said that Barca are leaning towards selling or that FDJ doesn't want to leave but will accept the decision if Barca want to sell? We've been hearing the same things over and over again.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anyone else feel like the same "updates/reports" are being repeated in this so far? How many times does it need to be said that Barca are leaning towards selling or that FDJ doesn't want to leave but will accept the decision if Barca want to sell? We've been hearing the same things over and over again.
That's how it usually works with United. Sell clicks until something new happens.

Nothing will progress until after the Nations league matches are finished (after this weekend) then he will take a holiday and things will start moving.

Same with Timber in that regard too.

Tony247

The first step would be to agree personal terms. We have not even reached to that yet it seems.

Seriously, if he is not interested to join then just move on.

DarkXaero

The first step would be to agree personal terms. We have not even reached to that yet it seems.

Too much smoke for this to not happen at this point imo. I think the only way it doesn't happen is if some other top (CL) club hijacks the deal and pays Barca what they want. Right now, we have a big advantage of not having any other suitors to compete with, but we can't take that for granted.

tomaldinho1

Yeah we do seem to be quite blinkered at the moment, all efforts into De Jong.

That, or we finally are a bit more discreet in the market and might have a good window.

tomaldinho1

Is this the start of the "Convert Euros to Pounds for any United transfer"? We'll eventually sign him for £100M plus add-ons at this rate.
Don't forget when they add wages onto the transfer fee like when we signed free transfer Alexis for £50m

laughtersassassin

If I were Frenkie, I will make the move. He won’t make much difference in Barca, but he now has chance to become a legend in manutd. It’s no brainer really.
If I was him id leave but not to United to be honest.

I'd want crazy promises to join this United team. A Midfield partner being the biggest one.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
My prediction on how this will unfold; we'll chase him for the majority of the window only for him to go to City or PSG 3/4 days after initially being linked with them. Seen this movie way too many times.
Explain one movie like that ? Just one would be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.