Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

USREDEVIL

I doubt highly that Frenkie has had a "change of heart"/ If it's not just bait click it might be Barca trying to stir the pot again. Either way not worth my time.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Romero has said Barcelona will try to sell a player for around €50m.
I imagine it will be F. Torres, Rafinha or even Dembélé.
Try all you like, god knows where you’re getting €50m for one of those three.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Try all you like, god knows where you’re getting €50m for one of those three.
I forgot to say that's in summer. Barcelona will try to get that amount, then it will be seen if they can or not.
Seeing the amounts that are paid for players like Cunha, anything is possible.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I'd argue that De Jong would be a bigger priority than a backup right back and centre half.
You have a good point. I generally believe that games are won or lost in midfield and if any of Casemiro, Bruno, or Eriksen are injured or have loss of form, we will have a huge drop in quality and be in trouble against any decent team.

OrcaFat

I think they could get 50m for Raphina from a prem team, to be honest. Ie, Villa.
Didn’t they only just buy him? It would be weird if they wanted to sell him already. But then who would really be surprised?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Didn’t they only just buy him? It would be weird if they wanted to sell him already. But then who would really be surprised?
Yeah, don't think he's set the world alight and probably still a market for him back here.

Yakuza_devils

Good to see that people have learned the lesson in this thread now with merely 12 pages. Last window this thread went into hundred (thousand?) of pages.

Mr PG

He’s not that good tbh. He’s defensively a liability like Eriksen I think we’re wiser getting different profile of player. But if ETH still wants him then do it.

florisW

Supports
Ajax
He’s not that good tbh. He’s defensively a liability like Eriksen I think we’re wiser getting different profile of player. But if ETH still wants him then do it.
You must never have seen him play mate with a statement like that.

IRONTUSK

Can`t see this happening until summer and even then I think our priorities have shifted to a proper CF and GK.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If he's going to be our summer target anyway - which I think he probably will be, I assume we could negotiate with them now. We do look like a far more attractive prospect now.

Yakuza_devils

Lads, please only send message in this thread if there was any reliable sources update on this. Didn't we learn our lesson last window?

The fact is FDJ is not interested to move even though he was forced out and forced to sit on the bench at Barca. This should be very clear to all unless anything drastically changed.

croadyman

Barca can sell his house, shave him bald and claim all his birthday gifts and he will still stay there. I know this the moment he giggled when Pique asked his gf to leave a seat during a match. Where is the dignity!!!!

Wouldnt surprise me if he says "after you sir" when using public toilet.
Yeah exactly this

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So Enzo to Chelsea, Nunes linked with Liverpool, Bellingham to Real Madrid...
It's Frenkie or bust isn't it?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Can't get into this thread... Frenkie broke my heart once, he won't be doing it again.

In all seriousness, it aint happening this month, and i'd be very shocked if it did in the summer too. If we DO get new owners and money isn't an issue, then who knows

mu4c_20le

Can't get into this thread... Frenkie broke my heart once, he won't be doing it again.

In all seriousness, it aint happening this month, and i'd be very shocked if it did in the summer too. If we DO get new owners and money isn't an issue, then who knows
Money was never an issue, financials were agreed with all parties last summer.

OrcaFat

Money was never an issue, financials were agreed with all parties last summer.
I’m asking because I don’t know the answer but - is that definitely right? Do we know who was going to be paying Frenkie’s deferred wages?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
With Fernandez and Bellingham looking Chelsea/Real bound, this could end up being a shootout between us and Pool for him.

croadyman

With Fernandez and Bellingham looking Chelsea/Real bound, this could end up being a shootout between us and Pool for him.
Despite his obvious love for Barca still feel knocking them out of Europa and qualifying for CL might make him reconsider things

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s no such thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.