Television Friends

twitter thread suggester
This show must of been the funniest ever, nothing these days can come near how great this show was, anyone disagree?
You ought to watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Now that's funny!

twitter thread suggester
You seen the new epsiodes?

Not as good as the previous seasons I have to say, but still better than most sitcoms around.
I actually think they've been great - the "The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis" episode was brilliant, Charlie being the Wild Card cracked me up - especially at the end.

Ekeke

This series of It's always sunny has been as good as any of the rest. Quality show.

Especially "Wildcard, bitches!!"

What's that all about?
It's about four friends in their late 20s/early 30s who run an unsuccessful Irish bar, "Paddy's Pub", in South Philadelphia. It's been described as "Seinfield on crack" and Danny DeVito is in it.

It's had 4 seasons now so it's not exactly new.

Oranje

aka 12 year old dynamic dude
What a coincidence, I downloaded and watched most of Season 1 of Sunny in Philadelphia today. It's pretty funny, but I feel it's a bit bland. Don't really like the girl character, and the three guys don't really seem to have any set characteristics and seem interchangeable. It could be because I've only seen a few episodes, but I'll keep watching.

The Flying Potato

Big pile of steaming shite > Coming of Age

Seriously, it's almost as bad as Shoot the Writers and Scallywagga...for some reason that I can't fathom only C4 seems to be able to consistently produce decent British comedy these days
You have no taste, whats not to like about CoA?

I_live_cement

Cat freak
What a coincidence, I downloaded and watched most of Season 1 of Sunny in Philadelphia today. It's pretty funny, but I feel it's a bit bland. Don't really like the girl character, and the three guys don't really seem to have any set characteristics and seem interchangeable. It could be because I've only seen a few episodes, but I'll keep watching.
It gets better when Danny Devito is in it, I think that's season 2.

The Flying Potato

Whats to like??? The actors are poor, the script is terrible, any comic timing and presence is entirely lacking from the cast and production... It's shit - total and utter shit.
what? thats the biggest bollocks i've ever read! The actors are great, script is hilairious, don't full understand your 3rd point.

Coming of Age is a fantastic show, then again how old are you? Maybe only one type of age group finds it funny?

SecondFig

what? thats the biggest bollocks i've ever read! The actors are great, script is hilairious, don't full understand your 3rd point.

Coming of Age is a fantastic show, then again how old are you? Maybe only one type of age group finds it funny?
27, so I'm not exactly ancient. I'm sure it is aimed at an age group younger than me - that doesn't excuse it being shit. The actors aren't good, seriously, they're average to awful, and the script is clumsy, obvious and strained. As for my third point, that might explain why you like the show...
But hey, each to their own - if it makes you laugh, great. I thought the 2 episodes I've watched were utterly and irredeemably crap.

Flight of the Conchords for me. That's quality humour
Now there is a funny show, with good actors (or at least funny actors) and a quality script (plus great songs). Other good examples of quality British comedy shows include:

Father Ted
Black Books
Blackadder
Brass Eye
Green Wing
Nathan Barley
Spaced
Fawlty Towers
Monty Python
The Mighty Boosh
The IT Crowd
A Bit of Fry & Laurie
The League of Gentlemen
Red Dwarf
Jeeves & Wooster
The Young Ones
Not The Nine O'Clock News
Coupling
The Office
Extras
Drop The Dead Donkey
etc.

Plus (not to my taste but widely regarded as classics):
Bottom
Little Britain
Only Fools & Horses
Dads Army
'Allo 'Allo

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
27, so I'm not exactly ancient. I'm sure it is aimed at an age group younger than me - that doesn't excuse it being shit. The actors aren't good, seriously, they're average to awful, and the script is clumsy, obvious and strained. As for my third point, that might explain why you like the show...
But hey, each to their own - if it makes you laugh, great. I thought the 2 episodes I've watched were utterly and irredeemably crap.

Now there is a funny show, with good actors (or at least funny actors) and a quality script (plus great songs). Other good examples of quality British comedy shows include:

Father Ted
Black Books
Blackadder
Brass Eye
Green Wing
Nathan Barley
Spaced
Fawlty Towers
Monty Python
The Mighty Boosh
The IT Crowd
A Bit of Fry & Laurie
etc.
There's one glaringly obvious ommission from that list.

For shame!

Brophs

The One and Only
Remember a few years ago when magazines had quizzes like "What Friends character are you?" etc? And women would sit round saying things like, "OMG, you are sooooooooo Phoebe". "OMG, like, you are sooooooo Monica".

Wankers.

Also, Friends is one of the main reasons for the current American speak that the kids seem to favour, like "You are like, soooooooo.....", "Hey", "Hey you", and so on. The writers have an awful lot to answer for.

Ivor Ballokov

Remember a few years ago when magazines had quizzes like "What Friends character are you?" etc? And women would sit round saying things like, "OMG, you are sooooooooo Phoebe". "OMG, like, you are sooooooo Monica".
I was always told I was like chandler but I was like "could I be any less like chandler" Lolz

Ekeke

Flight of the Conchords for me. That's quality humour
Hell yes.

That and Its always sunny.

And yes Devito joins in series 2. The first series wasnt the best of the 4.

But here's Flight of the conchords, for those who dont know it.