Full time Devils

ShinjiNinja26

Happy to answer any and all questions if people are civil. All I/we do is try and make content to be proud of, I spend weeks sorting research for history videos that do feck all views, I have ex-Liverpool player on Howard Gayle to speak about racism in the game, or Shaun Goater, to speak about his time at United. It's very easy to assume people chase the views - or do things that garner so-called traction, but the truth couldn't be further.

I'd rather have peace than the petty arguments all the time. We've taken over FTD. It'll be called Stretford Paddock. We're hoping to keep the spirit of what made FTD so much fun back when it began.

All I wanna do is make content for United fans, which I do sincerely, I don't want oppo fans on there. We've made a non-league team that I'm using as an opportunity to learn more about the game. Been a good laugh and a good challenge so far.

Hopefully some of you can check it out, hopefully some will like it. Won't be for everyone, but that's life, init.
Good stuff. Used to watch a lot of FTD but thought it tailed off towards the end. Really liking what you’s have been doing on Stretford Paddock, quality content and a good laugh. Will be nice to have Mckola and Jay back on regularly as well, looking forward to seeing what this newly merged fan owned version of the channel is going to bring.

StephenH

Good stuff. Used to watch a lot of FTD but thought it tailed off towards the end. Really liking what you’s have been doing on Stretford Paddock, quality content and a good laugh. Will be nice to have Mckola and Jay back on regularly as well, looking forward to seeing what this newly merged fan owned version of the channel is going to bring.
Cheers - all we're trying to do is replicate what watching the match should be about. Having a beer and a laugh with ya mates - maybe not taking it too seriously.

SparkedIntoLife

I like Howson's solo stuff best of all the United content on the net. Especially the youth review shows, interviews with key figures/journalists/academy experts etc.

Otherwise, I can't get behind much of the fan made content. I'm not keen on the bantery lads chats on transfers and matches and so on because it feels like personality is often prioritised over insight and I want the latter, otherwise it feels like I'm watching blokes in a pub

That Statman Dave guy can be good but, as a Christian, I really wish he'd cut the catchphrase 'like that Goddamn video'. I'm not puritanical but it grates like anything, and even away from my faith reasoning it sounds try hard and incongruent.

Can7onA

I think they're all tits tbh.

Jay Motty is about the best one, McKola and that Howson can feck right off though.

Lastwolf

I think it'll be good going forward, I've always watched a bit of FTD and I enjoy most of it.

I think it's a fair reflection on most united fans, sure they talk some shite, but who doesn't (have you read half the match threads?). It could be much much worse, see AFTV.

SuperiorXI

Happy to answer any and all questions if people are civil. All I/we do is try and make content to be proud of, I spend weeks sorting research for history videos that do feck all views, I have ex-Liverpool player on Howard Gayle to speak about racism in the game, or Shaun Goater, to speak about his time at United. It's very easy to assume people chase the views - or do things that garner so-called traction, but the truth couldn't be further.

I'd rather have peace than the petty arguments all the time. We've taken over FTD. It'll be called Stretford Paddock. We're hoping to keep the spirit of what made FTD so much fun back when it began.

All I wanna do is make content for United fans, which I do sincerely, I don't want oppo fans on there. We've made a non-league team that I'm using as an opportunity to learn more about the game. Been a good laugh and a good challenge so far.

Hopefully some of you can check it out, hopefully some will like it. Won't be for everyone, but that's life, init.
Are you still going to do your documentary type videos? Even though they don't get the views as you say they're still enjoyable.

Good luck with the channel!

SuperiorXI

I think it's a fair reflection on most united fans, sure they talk some shite, but who doesn't (have you read half the match threads?). It could be much much worse, see AFTV.
Imagine how boring and shit it would be if hey didn't talk shite? It's pure entertainment at the end of the day, don't get where all the hate comes from... also at times you can find out about stuff you didn't know, sometimes there's vids about upcoming talent etc. All for free.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Only been watching them since after the Norwich game
I find him Saeed funny, the lengths he goes to defend his Harry Beckenbauer is amazing.

Undecided on Ricky, the way he talks about keeping it simple I’m sure he wants us to go back to the slow, safe, risk free passing like it was under LVG.

Agree about Flex, Sophie & Adam I also like KG
Ricky prefered Darmian over AWB & saw Fred as a downgrade to Fellaini. He also called for McTominay to start over Pogba & James to start over Greenwood. For every 1 reasonable opinion he has about 5 daft ones. He can be quite funny with his Matic fandom though.

Flex & Adam are the most sensible contributors to the United Stand. Goldbridge & Saeed are very reactionary, Ricky has some wild opinions on players & I’m not even convinced Rants is a United fan. He certainly doesn’t look happy when we win. Seems more interested in being proved right then United winning. If Pogba moves to Juve or Real wouldn’t shock me to see him switch to supporting them.

Denis' cuff

Think they do a decent job, overall. As the man said, maybe just don’t take it too seriously.

impossible to please everyone, no matter how they try. Feck me, if somebody On here said it was Wednesday tomorrow, some other fecker would argue the toss.

Theyre not the embarrassing mess you see at Arsenal or Liverpool. Would’ve preferred full time Reds, though.

Fluctuation0161

Just so use know, both Sam and Ian along with the other regulars are coming back to contribute to the Stretford Paddock channel at least every Thursday apparently, so there's that to be happy about if you were a long time viewer of FTD.
Was ian the comedian guy? If so, I found him refreshingly different and entertaining. Should have more of him.

stevoc

Stopped watching FTD a year or two ago, been watching Stretford Paddock and quite like it. It felt like how FTD used to be so them taking over the channel makes sense and i hope it works out for them.

Watched the other United channel with that guy sitting in front of a Green screen a few times but it wasn't for me.

Amarsdd

Watching their video describing the situation, now it makes sense why the quality and quantity dropped off the cliff since last year or so. Now that they own the channel themselves, hopefully it goes back to what it was before.

Ryan Bobson

If i watch online fan channels i mainly watch "The United Stand" , I quite like Flex and Rants and the regular fan cam guys Ricky ,Adam and Siede , just not keen on Mark Goldbridge he is the whinny bullied kid from school everyone loves to hate and he keeps referring to when he played like he was some premiership level player and not the cub scout/ boys brigade player he was , also an ex Notts Forrest fan apparently .
I do enjoy the banter between the United Stand and the car crash that is AFTV , who are so cringe worthy

cmacgregor93

I'm looking forward to the relaunch as I did feel the last year was very lifeless and uninspiring. With proper ownership, the channel can take more risks and also have more fun with the channel. I heard that Howson is eager to do more documentaries so I hope he has the opportunity to do so.