Funniest Biased Opinions

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It still cracks me up when Jose talks about the Community Shield as one of the trophies he won with us :lol:
Even hilarious when his fans come up with "he won 3 trophies"

Bondi77

Even hilarious when his fans come up with "he won 3 trophies"
I am surprised that LVG does not take credit for getting us to the final of the Community Shield, I think he has a little bit more class than Jose.

Gabagoo

Most posts by United fans on youth prospects. You'd think we walk the FA Youth Cup and churn out 5-6 world class 18 year olds every season, given the hype and bluster we enjoy throwing around our academy.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There were some posters years back who genuinely thought Welbeck was going to be absolutely world class despite all the evidence stating otherwise. The 'debates' became nauseating.
Some people still think we shouldn't have sold him.
Even though he averaged about 3 goals a season with 3months injured every year since.

MalcolmTucker

Rashford's potential being 'peak Darren Bent' was one of the funnier ones I've read.

meamth

"Got to give credit to Ole, he has improved. "

The arrogance of the Ole outers.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
One of my friends was convinced Tom Cleverley was better than Paul Pogba around 2013 time.

I liked Anderson & thought he had a future with us long after most gave up. I finally gave up myself in 2014.

Another friend of mine thought Rooney was still world class in 2016-17 & hated Mourinho for dropping him.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

There was a thread on here shortly after Martial signed proclaiming (in all seriousness) that the poster wouldn’t swap Martial for Messi.
People said that about Januzaj too. I remember people laughing at the disrespect of a potential 50m PSG bid too. I think he ended up leaving for about 12m.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Peak Martial FC was a fecking weird time.
The “Martial FC” stuff is really weird. He’s a good player like, but we’ve had far better centre forwards over the years who have not garnered such obsessive fanfare.

I don’t remember “Rooney FC” or “Van Nistelrooy FC” back in the day.

AlexiV

Supports
FCB
Opinions on Harry Kane were pretty funny when he started breaking through. Especially from Arsenal fans. Mediocre striker with a punchable face on a lucky streak which would soon end but the Kane train kept banging them in and they all had to eat their words :D

Robbie Boy

That Ole hasn't massively improved his coaching and tactical methods since arriving :lol:

This is a new one and is hilarious. I mean, coming from Norway to arguably the biggest job on the planet, he was obviously going to have to learn on the job and improve. Same with a player coming from a lesser league. Actually disrespectful to Ole too; if you read up on him you'll see he's always trying to learn more from other coaches and tweak his methods.

Tarrou

The “Martial FC” stuff is really weird. He’s a good player like, but we’ve had far better centre forwards over the years who have not garnered such obsessive fanfare.

Martial FC only exists because a bunch of fans don't rate the guy

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
On here I’d say Darmian getting into a bunch of Europe combined 11 posts. Lindelof and Bailly being better than VVJ.

Don’t think I posted it here but I was convinced Caulker would be a good PL CB.
I do wonder, what is the point of being biased? Why not remain objective at all times?
Don’t think many people choose to be biased, it just happens (often with football fans because they watch more of their own player and get a skewed perspective). Plus you’ll see countless threads here (and elsewhere in the football discussion world) where countless threads will be made to justify or explain a players bad form, and the same leniency won’t be extended to a player of a different club.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
LVG also had a massive club with fans that claimed he was doing great for us and stuff and put down great foundations.
LVG's foundations have gone into footballing mythology.
The fact that Jose ripped those foundations out the moment he took over and improved on LVG's results, is a question that these people cannot answer.

UDontMessWith24

I’m very much bipartisan when it comes to our manager, but the idea that he didn’t have the requisite quality in his squad to avoid dropping so many points to the bottom 10 last season is comedy of the highest standard.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Same with Tom Cleverly

I got dogs abuse on another forum around 9 years ago for saying Cleverly was nowhere near Paul Scholes quality :lol:

every year we have 1 or 2 future world class players coming through apparently
Well, you've got another poster who is doing the same for Greenwood.

I agree but at the same time, I’m willing to debate with anyone that Greenwood is already better than Martial NOW. The guy is a starboy. Cut the off pitch crap out and he’ll win many Ballon D’ors. Martial was never generational. Mason is. The boy is already one of our best players.
I do remember the Martial fanboyism. It got to ridiculous proportions...

There was a thread on here shortly after Martial signed proclaiming (in all seriousness) that the poster wouldn’t swap Martial for Messi.
Yep. I remember that.
And apparently he was/is going to win the ball on dor. He'd be lucky if he broke into the top 30 shortlist.

I also remember Luke Shaw - after he broke his leg, he reputation increased and by the end of the season, in which he played about 10 matches, he was proclaimed by many as the best LB in the World.
Some fans on here claimed that the reason why we didn't win the league that season (where we struggled to score goals), was because Shaw was injured. Had he not got injured, we'd be league champs. They forget that he was a LB and not a striker.

Myself, I predicted that we'd win the league title with Jose. Unfortunately, we only got 2nd, but that does remain our best league result, post Fergie.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Yeah it was odd.

It came about because there was a group of people that couldn’t accept any criticism of him and demanded he played despite him offering zilch for a while. If anyone dared say something negative they’d be hounded. It was really quite strange.

Since then, some have changed it to make out it’s simply people who like Martial and want him to succeed, which makes no sense because everyone could see the potential and wanted that.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Once upon a time, I thought Adam Johnson was going to become one of the top 5 wingers in the world. I thought he was so good.
Who?
That sounds like a made up player name.

WakeAndBeek

A lot of people bought into the whole Fergie theory about Phil Jones being the next Duncan Edwards in the early 2010’s.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah it was odd.

It came about because there was a group of people that couldn’t accept any criticism of him and demanded he played despite him offering zilch for a while. If anyone dared say something negative they’d be hounded. It was really quite strange.

Since then, some have changed it to make out it’s simply people who like Martial and want him to succeed, which makes no sense because everyone could see the potential and wanted that.
I started that thread and I’ve never been Martial FC, the context which was missed at the time and has definitely been lost since was that I’ll always favour developing exciting young players over shoehorning in superstars and for me a key component about supporting this football club will always be enjoying the journey of wonderkid to world beater. There will always be more joy for me in a Cristiano Ronaldo scenario than a Robin van Persia scenario.

Charlie Foley

Someone was so determined to discredit OGS that he "dug" into One's previous managerial experience and claimed that OGS screwed up Molde's golden age or something like that, that Molds won its first ever Championship prior to OGS joining. Problem is, said poster conveniently neglected that it was OGS who won the championship the first time round with Molde.

Said poster later claimed to be quite devine in his football analysis. Truly incredible
:lol: :lol: Who the feck was that??

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I started that thread and I’ve never been Martial FC, the context which was missed at the time and has definitely been lost since was that I’ll always favour developing exciting young players over shoehorning in superstars and for me a key component about supporting this football club will always be enjoying the journey of wonderkid to world beater. There will always be more joy for me in a Cristiano Ronaldo scenario than a Robin van Persia scenario.
Pexbo :wenger:

Fair points though, and not actually very martial fc. I just assumed it was to be honest.