Funny old season this.

Suresh

Successfully neg-repped Bury Red and all I got was
No one in the leading pack is exactly running away with the title despite those in the top four consistently fumbling, are they. To put matters in perspective, despite what is by all accounts a horror start to the season by the Gooners, they're a mere 8 points adrift of the Dippers. The mid-table teams are far too close to the relegation fodder for comfort and all the teams in the bottom half of the table need is a run of 2 or 3 losses and they're smack bang in the relegation battle. This keeps up and it'll be some finish to the season.

The goals seem to have dried up too. I had the distinct displeasure of watching at least 5 nil-nils over the last two weekends.

Alex

It is setting up for a United comeback considering United have everyone at good in the league at home to come. Hopefully, once again and like always United are stellar at Old Trafford

Suresh

The Renties have the likes of Essien and Carvalho to return. I believe they've really missed the latter in midfield. Arsenal could well get right back in the mix if Wenger swallows his pride and dabbles in the transfer market in January for a 'non-fairy' defensive midfielder and a solid central defender (Tweety?!!:lol: Wtf). Worryingly, the Dippers are grinding out the results despite not playing well. The only hope here being, that only works if you put in a couple of good performances in between this grinding out bit and they've been doing far too much of the latter for even their own fans comfort. Our performance has been patchy at best. Whoever puts on really good run first may well tip the odds in their favour.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
I really thought Chelsea and Liverpool would pull away from us in the last couple of weeks but we are back in the race again instead. And I think we might go on a run once we are back from Japan and all tough away games are out of the picture.

Alex

I always saw Liverpool collapsing, that said that was a huge win for them at the Bridge a while back. Huge for United that is, and totally hurt Chelsea's confidence at home. Arsenal could go on a run if they get a good DM, but their defense is still shit.

I think it will be down to Chelsea or United, as these are the two best squads in the league

ripley

No one in the leading pack is exactly running away with the title despite those in the top four consistently fumbling, are they. To put matters in perspective, despite what is by all accounts a horror start to the season by the Gooners, they're a mere 8 points adrift of the Dippers. The mid-table teams are far too close to the relegation fodder for comfort and all the teams in the bottom half of the table need is a run of 2 or 3 losses and they're smack bang in the relegation battle. This keeps up and it'll be some finish to the season.

The goals seem to have dried up too. I had the distinct displeasure of watching at least 5 nil-nils over the last two weekends.

The lower ranked teams are getting better ... Aston, Man Shity, and dare I say Tottenham are still good teams ... some surprises like Geovanni from Hull etc

Hull, Aston and Shitty are causing some upsets for Chelsea and Scousers, which is why we're catching up ... we're winning against the lower ranked teams but just losing against top 4 ... we will win again this year ... hahaha

fatboy

This might well be the most open title chase for years. Arsenal lack the consistency; Chelsea are not the same juggernaut they were during the Mourinho years; Liverpool are having their best start in a long time thanks to a combi of Torres, Gerrard and good fortune; we ourselves are having some problems getting a good run in this first part of the season.

Good for football. I don't mind any kind of title chase as long as we pick up league title no.18 at the end of it. And honestly,considering our relatively poor start, I think many of us are quietly confident because we know can get much better.

Suresh

I really thought Chelsea and Liverpool would pull away from us in the last couple of weeks but we are back in the race again instead. And I think we might go on a run once we are back from Japan and all tough away games are out of the picture.
That's it in a nutshell. It's almost as if we're all falling over each other trying to keep the title race alive. At times it seems comical.

Silence

Depends if that's down to the big teams blundering or the mid table teams getting stronger in the Premiership.

I still think it's going to end up a clear two horse race, Liverpool have had their string of luck this season and Arsenal, to be honest, have been very inconsistent for years. I think Essien's absence has proved how vital a player he is for Chelsea. Anelka, as well as he's been playing and scoring, is very volatile and you must wonder how long he'll keep it up with the ego he has, especially now he's by far top scorer in the league. May just be me, but I feel the Chelsea players don't have as close a relationship as they did with Mourinho or even Grant.

Suresh

The lower ranked teams are getting better ... Aston, Man Shity, and dare I say Tottenham are still good teams ... some surprises like Geovanni from Hull etc

Hull, Aston and Shitty are causing some upsets for Chelsea and Scousers, which is why we're catching up ... we're winning against the lower ranked teams but just losing against top 4 ... we will win again this year ... hahaha
Villa, despite O'Neill's best efforts, have to overcome whatever mental block they're suffering from in order to make that leap into the top 4, imo. City could well be a threat in the future if the new owners go about developing a team rather than trying to buy one. Don't quite think Sparky's the man for the job either. Any uncertainties in their camp is still good news.:) Spurs will never amount to anything with that evil elf as it's chairman. Now Hull... Hull I like. They've been a revelation this season. Normally having a team score 3 against us at OT would have left any victory we may have had tinged with a bitter taste, but I couldn't help but have a smile on my face at the end of that game. Geovanni was a good buy for them.

GloryHunter07

As always the christmass season will be vital, if united can go undefeated over the busy period, maybe win em all we could be top or very close. Its going to be one of those seasons where 40 points may not be enough to save you from relegation.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Uniteds only surprise result is Newcastle at home. All of our dropped points away are against quality top 10 teams. Liverpools home form has been ordinary, drawing to Fulham, Stoke and West Ham, all of which are games they should have won. Chelsea have by far the worst home form with Newcastle and Spurs being their worst results. Arsenal are simply losing too many games, they've already lost 5 which technically probably rules them out already!

Its Liverpools and Chelseas home form thats the real surprise and ultimatly the reason why this season is wide open. We've dropped points to hard teams away from home. The same teams that all the top 4 will struggle with.

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
Most important result of the season so far was Pool beating Chelsea

Pivotal result that.

Had Chelsea won that and got away I'm sure they'd be clear now by nearly a dozen points but that one has really hit them hard

Hard to believe but after 5 defeats even we're not right out of it yet. If we get some consistancy (which I dont think we will) we'll be in there with a call

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
I have done my calculations and it seems that no one wants to win it (or they want to BUT don't know how). Step forward United of Manchester.

Danish Voice

Uniteds only surprise result is Newcastle at home. All of our dropped points away are against quality top 10 teams. Liverpools home form has been ordinary, drawing to Fulham, Stoke and West Ham, all of which are games they should have won. Chelsea have by far the worst home form with Newcastle and Spurs being their worst results. Arsenal are simply losing too many games, they've already lost 5 which technically probably rules them out already!

Its Liverpools and Chelseas home form thats the real surprise and ultimatly the reason why this season is wide open. We've dropped points to hard teams away from home. The same teams that all the top 4 will struggle with.
It's been shit. Their away form has been very impressive though. I'm more confident about our chances than I've been all season after this weekend.

Broo

Get a brew on
The Renties have the likes of Essien and Carvalho to return. I believe they've really missed the latter in midfield.
You either meant "the latter in defence" or "the former in midfield". Either way, you're spot on. They are two crucial players for the Renties but hopefully we'll have clicked and regained our consistency by the time they return. I still think it's between us and Chelsea, to be honest.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I'm looking at the fixtures and how is it that united are playing on the 18th in japan and then playing on the 20th back in the UK? Unless I'm reading wrong,that can't something to look forward to.

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
Truth be told, there has been general improvements in the level of the competition all round. So far this league has been very unpredictable. Anyone can beat anyone.