Future Cup 2012

mo0

Squad going to the Future Cup in Holland:

Squad

Pierluigi Gollini, Kieran O’Hara, Ben Barber, Ashley Fletcher, James Wilson, Declan Dalley, Liam Grimshaw, Matty Wilkinson, Callum Evans, Louis Rowley, Sam Byrne, Paddy McNair, Josh Harrop, Nicolas Ioannou, James Weir, Ben Pearson, Mats Daehli, Adnan Januzaj

Dates

April 7-9

Fixtures

• Desportivo at 10.30 GMT - April 7
  • Ajax at 13.30 GMT - April 7
  • Besiktas at 12.00 GMT - April 8

Website: http://www.ajax.nl/Nieuws/Nieuwsarchief/Nieuws-artikel/Uitgelicht-Man-United-Besiktas.htm

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Will be good to see Januzaj back, hopefully no one gets injured with the Chelsea game merely a few days later

jb8521

Aguilar, Lucas Evangalista, Bruno Gomes and Ademir who have all been over to United training are all in the Desportivo Brasil squad aswell as far as I know.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Januzaj is back?
Brilliant news. Will give us a good chance to defeat Chelsea in the second leg.

mo0

should note that the squad listed does contain injuries (eg- Ben Barber), so please take it with a pinch of salt.

KM

Sean Goss(Exeter City) and Dean Henderson(Another Goalkeeper) also seem to be travelling with the squad to Amsterdam.

KM

Aaron Tshibola (midfielder) and Jake Cooper (defender) both of Reading are in the squad for this.

lysglimt

Scout
Henderson is very young - I remember him being mentioned as a 14 year old when we signed him last summer (From Carlisle ? ) - so he still can't be more than 15

lysglimt

Scout
Aaron Tshibola (midfielder) and Jake Cooper (defender) both of Reading are in the squad for this.
I checked a bit on the net - and all 3 on players on trial have scored quite a few goals this year. Tshibola is a big, physical player - (1.85 or 1.86) - just turned 17. Jake Cooper has scoret quite a few goals on set-pieces.

Sean Goss have also scored quite a few from his midfield position - and is described as good with the ball.

lysglimt

Scout
Ajax - Besiktas 4-0
Desportivo Brasil - Manchester United 0-2
13:00 uur FC Barcelona - Bayern München
13:00 uur AC Milan - Ajax Cape Town
14:30 uur Besiktas - Desportivo Brasil
14:30 uur Ajax - Manchester United
Just to verify - Ajax is Ajax from South Africa isn't it ?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Nice. I'll catch the 2nd half of this I'd say. Always enjoy watching Daehli on the ball.

lysglimt

Scout
Ioannou, O'Hara and Dæhlie have looked really good all 3. I like O'Hara as a gk - hopefully he can grow a few inches

lysglimt

Scout
We have to try to sign Jake Cooper. 6 ft 4-5 - strong runs, good tackles and good with the ball. He looks a real prospect

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
FT: Ajax 1-0 Manchester United

The win for Ajax wasn't really deserved.

We've played overall some good football and our defence was good too (Espcially O'Hara and Copper), unfortunately one poor moment in the defence has cost us the game and our finish in front of the Ajax goal wasn't good enough too.

NM

I saw the first half of the game. There is no way we deserved to be a goal down, but got hit by a sucker punch. That being said, a learning experience for the boys - dominating a game means nothing unless they score!

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Cooper, Tshibola and Goss are 'guest' players and not on trial.

They are under contracts at other clubs.

We did the same with Luke Coddington, the keeper from Middlesbrough, in Brazil last December.

lysglimt

Scout
Cooper, Tshibola and Goss are 'guest' players and not on trial.

They are under contracts at other clubs.

We did the same with Luke Coddington, the keeper from Middlesbrough, in Brazil last December.
No matter what you call it - Cooper is a player we should try to sign - the other 2 have looked fairly average so far