Gaa 2010

Crerand Legend

Wednesday, 15.09.2010 at 23:35 TG4
All Ireland Gold
A chance to see the 2003 All-Ireland Football Semi-Final between Tyrone and Kerry which was played in Croke Park. The game ended with the scoreline Tyrone 0-13 Kerry 0-06.

One of the seminal moments in Tyrone football. Overcoming the mighty Kerry team in an All-Ireland semi-final at Croke Park in Style. I was in the Hill for this game, and have never actually seen it on TV.

Can't wait!!!
Volunteered to do the ironing for the wife at that time :) Half way line in Hogan that day, brillant seat. Great match btw in my native Greenlough last night between Lavey and Ballinderry, like United on Sat Lavey let in two goals in injury time to lose by a point. It was the best game of club football I have seen in a long time

slaparse

Only a few days to go now, what a sunday afternoon, United v l'pool followed closely by Down v cork. A good day for the red and black I hope. Can't wait! Anyone watching the games in the Wicklow area? My ticket quest for Croker was in vain, boo hoo!

slaparse

Ah ha! No it wasn't. I'VE GOT ONE!!!!!! If anyone could find one for my da ( he used to play hurling for Down in the 50's, (Portaferry) I'd be so grateful. Help most appreciated lads.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Ah ha! No it wasn't. I'VE GOT ONE!!!!!! If anyone could find one for my da ( he used to play hurling for Down in the 50's, (Portaferry) I'd be so grateful. Help most appreciated lads.
Ive no chance of getting you one pal, but I really wish you the best for Sunday. You have a great chance and dont listen to the media that Cork are gonna have it easy. I reckon if your lads get of to a good start and keep an intensity that the soft southerens cant keep up with you'll end up with you sixth title and do Ulster proud!!

UP DOWN!!!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Volunteered to do the ironing for the wife at that time :) Half way line in Hogan that day, brillant seat. Great match btw in my native Greenlough last night between Lavey and Ballinderry, like United on Sat Lavey let in two goals in injury time to lose by a point. It was the best game of club football I have seen in a long time
CL's British Army wife putting the foot down!

That match sounds great, nothing worse than losing two goals in injury-time tho, fecking stupid dicks. Still cant believe we let Everton draw that game either - rippin :mad:

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Ive no chance of getting you one pal, but I really wish you the best for Sunday. You have a great chance and dont listen to the media that Cork are gonna have it easy. I reckon if your lads get of to a good start and keep an intensity that the soft southerens cant keep up with you'll end up with you sixth title and do Ulster proud!!

UP DOWN!!!
Yep - well said man!

slaparse

Thanks lads, I've still a feeling another one might pop up from somewhere.
Can't believe for once in my life I'm actually voluntarily missing a United V dippers match and not even minding a bit. It'll be worth it though. UP DOWN!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Thanks lads, I've still a feeling another one might pop up from somewhere.
Can't believe for once in my life I'm actually voluntarily missing a United V dippers match and not even minding a bit. It'll be worth it though. UP DOWN!
Best thing to do man is to get down early & hang around Quinns or the Big Tree & ask around. Every year i'm hearing tickets change hands amongst fans for near enough the asking price. I've had no luck in 08 or 05 tho, but I kinda just gave up. But each time, i ran into folk in the same boat as me & they somehow ended up with tickets. So thats a last resort but many folk will say its the best resort!

Also the Guards from what I hear, take tickets off touts & either sell them on the sly (by gettin they're mates to sell them) or give them away altogether, so thats another possible avenue!

Either way - get your ass & yer Da's ass down to Drumcondra early & ask anyone that has a pair of ears

"ANY SPARE TICKETS FOR THE MATCH OR DO YOU KNOW ANYONE THAT DOES????"

Best of luck man - on all counts... :cool:

slaparse

Tickets in the bag lads! Next door neighbour arrived tonight with two FREE tickets from some really decent fella that buys his tickets for ten years at a time, didn't fancy it and through the very goodwill of the wonderful people of Wicklow me and my da can go to the ball!(nice one red hand too :) ) Will post some pics after the game! Now all we have to do is beat Cork, so far so good!
Ramshock, surely you wouldn't want to miss Down marching round Croker behind the band with every ounce of our support getting behind them. Its a moment and a feeling not to miss. This is really up there with a Champions League final, especially when you have a ticket! Regardless, C'mon the Red and Black!

Rooney24

Never has a United v Liverpool game come second to anything in my life. Tomorrow it will, and I mean that in the best possible way.

Crerand Legend

Never has a United v Liverpool game come second to anything in my life. Tomorrow it will, and I mean that in the best possible way.
Absolutely I only wish it was Derry. Hopefully I can find a TV in Manchester to give you lads a good cheering on after we stuff the scouse. All Ireland final Sunday when your county is involved is something to savour and treasure, have a great day

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Best of luck to the Mournemen - make it 6 out 6 lads!

In 1960, you gave us back the recognition we lost. The connection & pride of being part of Ireland got distant, but you reminded Eire that we are still here & that we should never be forgotten!

This has given rise to all Northern Footballers & Gaelic football fans alike. The South did more than wake up to us - they embraced us again. We all love you for that & we're forever grateful!

In the immortal words of Paulie from Rocky IV - "now go knock this guys teeth out.."

Make mine a double :)

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Sorry Rams. I would swap our win for yours, but i cant man. YOU SHOULD HAVE feckING WIN THAT FOR SUCKSAKE :(

feck sake man - it was written!

:(:(:(:(:(
Not really RHD, when Clarke, Coulter and Hughes don't play well especially Marty Clarke we are just a hardworking pressuring team. Too often during the championship run we won games while pretty much losing the kick outs. It caught up with us today and well done Cork. Our lack of experience cost us I think. But hey its still a young team and here is to a Tyrone Down Ulster final next year!

Congrats to your minors btw, they hung on for it!

Rooney24

Sorry Rams. I would swap our win for yours, but i cant man. YOU SHOULD HAVE feckING WIN THAT FOR SUCKSAKE :(

feck sake man - it was written!

:(:(:(:(:(
Nah, unfortunately the Better Team won Today. Cork were too powerful for us in the Second half. Congrats to the rebels, just Hope we can make it back, but Ulster is a minefield....

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
delighted for Cork - my big mate Pearse O'Neill will have Sam out for me and the kids when I roll down next Summer.

I remember watching my first all ireland with Offaly beating Kerry in 1982 when I was 8 years old. Made a big thing today with my eldest who is 8. one of those games I personally will never forget.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
delighted for Cork - my big mate Pearse O'Neill will have Sam out for me and the kids when I roll down next Summer.

I remember watching my first all ireland with Offaly beating Kerry in 1982 when I was 8 years old. Made a big thing today with my eldest who is 8. one of those games I personally will never forget.
No northern love for your Down brethren? :(

Irwinwastheking

I thought you'd just nick it in the end. Maybe if Coulter had have went for goal instead of taking what was an excellent point things mighta been different.

Irwinwastheking

thats exactly what I was screaming at him
Great player, but unfortunatly for you and for his legend in Down and beyond he didn't perform at all when given the chance on the biggest stage. Pity, cos he one of the players I think any county in the country would have loved to have had.

slaparse

Groan!... well done to Cork though, Canty coming on made all the difference. Regardless tho, it was a great day and lovely to see my ma and da down for it( even tho my ma and missus to be went shopping??? for the first half). Its hard to beat a big game at Croker!
One of the nicest things tho was a random Dub woman coming up to me and the oul fella, as we waited patiently for the women to return from the city centre ages later, saying hard luck lads, would've loved to see you's win, maybe next year. Just nice!
For all its faults and problems, I love Ireland!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Congrats to Cork & Tyrone minors! RHD will be a happy camper!

Feel gutted for Down though,:( so close! They needed a little bit more from Clarke & Coulter. However Cork policed them well & Goulding was on fire!
Thanks dude :)

If only our Seniors had of had the same bottle as the Minors did, instead of choking against Dublin. Fair play to the Dubs tho!

We all know there's no guarantee for Senior success from Minor level. Still encouraging that we've won it twice in 3 years & 4 times in 10 years. I'd take a couple of Under-21's for the next while instead tho, thats the level you want to see real progress / success in, & hopefully transfer that to the Seniors. I wait in hope for the Minor lads of 2008 to make that massive step up to Under-21 & gain momentum as a group of young Tyrone gaels!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Groan!... well done to Cork though, Canty coming on made all the difference. Regardless tho, it was a great day and lovely to see my ma and da down for it( even tho my ma and missus to be went shopping??? for the first half). Its hard to beat a big game at Croker!
One of the nicest things tho was a random Dub woman coming up to me and the oul fella, as we waited patiently for the women to return from the city centre ages later, saying hard luck lads, would've loved to see you's win, maybe next year. Just nice!
For all its faults and problems, I love Ireland!
How's those vegatables & Chickens doin big lad? :)

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Fair play to Ringland...

Former Irish rugby international, and Ulster Unionist Party (UUP) member, Trevor Ringland has criticised Tom Elliott, the newly elected leader of the UUP, for saying he has no intention of attending GAA matches.

Mr Ringland stated he would leave the party if Mr Elliott did not change his attitude towards the GAA.

In an interview with The Belfast Telegraph during the leadership election campaign Mr Elliott stated: 'I have indicated at party meetings that whilst some members of our party would go to gay pride marches or GAA matches, I wouldn't go. That's a personal issue, but I hold no issue with any of those who would.'

Mr Ringland, in the wake of Mr Elliott's election as party leader, has called on him to change his stance on the matter.

Mr Ringland said: 'I would guarantee him that if there is an Ulster team in the All-Ireland final next year I will get him two tickets for that All-Ireland final. I want to hear him say in the next few days that if I get him those tickets that he will go to that match.'

He continued: 'I see people who are reaching out to the unionist community, reaching out to try and build a shared society here and they need encouragement as well. They need to see and hear a unionism that actually wants to have a relationship with them.'

RT Sport: GAA - Ringland slams Elliott's GAA stance

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally we hear a Unionist Politician who is sending out all the right signals to the Nationalist community & is also embracing our beloved Sport...

Unionists think its ok to publicly condemn & turn their nose down at Irish cultures / traditions & treating the GAA family as some kind of terrorists or armcair terrorists. fecking sick of their bigoted shite :mad:

Well done Trev - good on ya mate :cool:

Irwinwastheking

Heard about that today on the radio. Decent bloke.

But what do you expect when the sports minister refuses to attend a match of one of the highest participator sports in NI. Its absolutly crazy.

Nationalists have no probs showing up at Orange marches. Allbeit to throw stones and try to stop them going ahead...;)

Stuff the Goat

a Farney man in Galway, next stop America.
Eamon McEneaney is the new Monaghan manager, no relation of "Banty"(perhaps maybe a distant cousin).

Eamon was a great Monaghan player in the 80's & scored the "famous" last-kick-of-the-game 55yd free-kick, equalizer against Kerry, in the '85 All-Ire. semi-final.
He was almost certain to win an all-star that year, only uncharacteristacilly, got sent off in an official GAA 7-a-sides (Kilmacud's). In those day's, a sending of in the GAA calender year, disqualified a player from being nominated for the award.

He has 3 Ulster SFC medals, as well as a NFL medal... added to that numerous "county" medals & titles with C'blaney Faughs.

Eamon had a stint as joint manager of Monaghan in the 90's. Recently he was a reasonable success as Louth manager. He is the current Mayobridge (Co.Down) manager.

........ While I will miss the "Banty", Eamon is not a bad appointment...... the jury awaits the evidence!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Eamon McEneaney is the new Monaghan manager, no relation of "Banty"(perhaps maybe a distant cousin).

Eamon was a great Monaghan player in the 80's & scored the "famous" last-kick-of-the-game 55yd free-kick, equalizer against Kerry, in the '85 All-Ire. semi-final.
He was almost certain to win an all-star that year, only uncharacteristacilly, got sent off in an official GAA 7-a-sides (Kilmacud's). In those day's, a sending of in the GAA calender year, disqualified a player from being nominated for the award.

He has 3 Ulster SFC medals, as well as a NFL medal... added to that numerous "county" medals & titles with C'blaney Faughs.

Eamon had a stint as joint manager of Monaghan in the 90's. Recently he was a reasonable success as Louth manager. He is the current Mayobridge (Co.Down) manager.

........ While I will miss the "Banty", Eamon is not a bad appointment...... the jury awaits the evidence!
Yeah I was reading about the appointment - hope it works out well for the Farney brethren :cool:

Shit carry-on with him not gettin a All-Star that year. What also must be said is it almost took attempted murder to get sent off back in those days, so McEneaney must have pulled a knife or a hammer on some muthafukka to get his marching orders & I dont mean these lads:

...which, by all accounts is the equivalent to these lads:

Dave89

Next years ulster has been drawn, too early for an 2011 thread?

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
I cant even begin to think about next years Championship. Tear away tho PJ :cool:

Havent crossed posts with ya in a long while dude, hope you're good man after a bittuva difficult year - with the death of your friends and all :(

Decent year for the Loup tho. Hope the Derry debacle sorts itself out. No point gettin up for a Tyrone game & then lying down for everyone else. Best of luck for 2011 - same for you CL :)