Gaa 2010

Rooney24

Have the All Stars for this year been announced yet? If not anyone know when they will be? and why does it take so long??

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
2010 all-stars Football

Goalkeeper

Brendan McVeigh (Down)

Full-backs

Peter Kelly (Kildare)

Michael Shields (Cork)

Charlie Harrison (Sligo)

Paudie Kissane (Cork)

Graham Canty (Cork)

Philip Jordan (Tyrone)

Midfield:

Paddy Keenan (Louth)

Aidan Walsh (Cork)

Half-Forwards

Daniel Hughes (Down)

Martin Clarke (Down)

Johnny Doyle (Kildare)

Full-Forwards

Colm Cooper (Kerry)

Bernard Brogan (Dublin)

Benny Coulter (Down)

Footballer of the Year Nominations: Bernard Brogan (Dublin); Michael Shields (Cork); Danny Hughes (Down)

Young Footballer of the Year Nominations: Aidan Walsh (Cork); Peter Kelly (Kildare); Graham Reilly (Meath)

Irwinwastheking

What about the Internation Rules series. Not sure if it deserves its own thread....

Any interest from you lads?? I have a bad feeling this year. The championship was pretty shit, and looking at the panel and the all-stars i'm not exactly full of hope and optimism!

Irwinwastheking

He was a great player but courted controvarsy far too often. Was really great to bring a bit of multiculturalism top top level GAA.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
What about the Internation Rules series. Not sure if it deserves its own thread....

Any interest from you lads?? I have a bad feeling this year. The championship was pretty shit, and looking at the panel and the all-stars i'm not exactly full of hope and optimism!
I love the International Rules series, i'll be going to the second test on Saturday week at Crokers alright - c'mon you Irish!

Cant believe Tohill didnt pick the McMahon Bro's & his lame excuse is retarded, considering that there's a few players playing 24 hrs before the first test!

I suppose I shouldnt be surprised - Tohill's a Derry man :nono:

A very fine footballer in his time tho & not mention soccer player - he had trials with United aswell!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
He was a great player but courted controvarsy far too often. Was really great to bring a bit of multiculturalism top top level GAA.
I didnt take too kindly his winners speech the last time Cork won the All-Ireland. The fecker said the whole thing in Irish & was rambling on about the "REBELS" "THE REPUBLIC" blah blah blah... he didnt endear himself to the majority of folk that dont speak Irish - which is 90% or more of the population. Its supposed to be done in Irish & English, yet that Fijian cnut choose to show us all up - feck you O hAilpín you big mouthed git...

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
so Sean Og is retiring from inter-county GAA.

check the Examiner's article on this. made me laugh and puke at the same time.

Seán Óg told: It
"Seán Óg O hAilpín, GAA hero, swoon-inducing pin-up and all-round sound man, is hanging up his inter-county shirt, leaving fans bereft in his wake..." :lol:

I've never heard of any woman that fancies that big-mouthed fecker, nor have i ever heard anyone say he was sound. I'd say only his brothers would say that!

Mister Jeebus

I love the International Rules series, i'll be going to the second test on Saturday week at Crokers alright - c'mon you Irish!

Cant believe Tohill didnt pick the McMahon Bro's & his lame excuse is retarded, considering that there's a few players playing 24 hrs before the first test!

I suppose I shouldnt be surprised - Tohill's a Derry man :nono:

A very fine footballer in his time tho & not mention soccer player - he had trials with United aswell!
Broke his nose playing in his one and only match for us with the reserves if I remember correctly!

Bumped into a couple of the Aussie lads down by UCC yesterday, reports are correct, they're not all that big. Clearly came to play ball rather than UFC this time. Which is good of them.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Broke his nose playing in his one and only match for us with the reserves if I remember correctly!

Bumped into a couple of the Aussie lads down by UCC yesterday, reports are correct, they're not all that big. Clearly came to play ball rather than UFC this time. Which is good of them.
"Jeebus does Australia"

You didnt have to sleep with them to know Aussie men have small cocks man, sure its obvious to all due to all their ego boosting that they do - compensating so to speak!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish

I'd say Tohill broke his nose from all the brown-nosing of Fergies arse!

Mister Jeebus

"Jeebus does Australia"

You didnt have to sleep with them to know Aussie men have small cocks man, sure its obvious to all due to all their ego boosting that they do - compensating so to speak!
I didn't have to but sure what else was I going to do with my afternoon!

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
I can't understand why Tohill did not pick Monaghan's Dick Clerkin, "tough as nails" & enjoys pain !....... If ever a GAA player was suitable for these games, then Dick is that man!:keano::mad:
Clerkin would've been first in the squad had we wanted to win the physical and not the overall tournament. I have a feeling our lads will win with quick ball lay offs and good scores.

Irwinwastheking

Whats the story with the hand pass. A closed fist with definate striking motion.

(should be no problem for the aussies then)

Dave89

I didnt take too kindly his winners speech the last time Cork won the All-Ireland. The fecker said the whole thing in Irish & was rambling on about the "REBELS" "THE REPUBLIC" blah blah blah... he didnt endear himself to the majority of folk that dont speak Irish - which is 90% or more of the population. Its supposed to be done in Irish & English, yet that Fijian cnut choose to show us all up - feck you O hAilpín you big mouthed git...
I was going to post something like "thuig me gach focal, mar fior-ghael!" Until I remembered that cork Irish is so fecking bloody thick and incomprehensible

Dave89

I despise chuckys (my term for people who spout tiocfaidh ar la and dont know any other irish) They devalue the beautiful language.

Irwinwastheking

I despise chuckys (my term for people who spout tiocfaidh ar la and dont know any other irish) They devalue the beautiful language.
Im a wee bit of one of them.

i havnt a word of irish, but id see myself as a republican. never had a days irish lessons in my life. the wee girl is trying to teach me a bit....

Dave89

Your daughter? Keep going with it, even if you learn feck all, her attempts to teach you will help her with learning it for herself.

Irwinwastheking

the spelling will be shite, but so far i know;

brogas

ganze

sockas

and a few other clothing related words. I did say girl!

Mister Jeebus

the spelling will be shite, but so far i know;

brogas

ganze

sockas

and a few other clothing related words. I did say girl!
Best of luck with learning a cúpla focail (a few/couple of words)! Just to add to your lessons, you often pluralise in Irish with an í as opposed to an s in English, given it an ee sound. So brogaí=shoes=pronounced bro-gee. There endeth the lesson!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
About 15 years ago in strabane, there was the most embarrasing graffiti ever,

CHUCKY AR LA

PIERCE WAS HERE
That shits been all over the North man - classic stuff tho :lol:

One of the best i seen was at a roundabout in Craigavon, Co Armagh. There's loadsa drug-dealers & hoods out there. Some thick cnut wrote on the sign:

"WELCOME TO DOPLAND"

Stupid feck left out the "E" - the fecker probably ate it tho :D

Stuff the Goat

a Farney man in Galway, next stop America.
Banty confirmed as Meath manager!

My mind boggles!, regarding my own county.

Banty is good enough for Meath , a proud footballing county with 7 All-Irelands!...... yet he is deemed not good enough by my own county, with ZERO Sams!:rolleyes::houllier:

Anyway good luck to Banty & hopefully Eamon McEnaney will prove my above theory wrong about the Farneymen!

Irwinwastheking

Banty is good enough for Meath , a proud footballing county with 7 All-Irelands!...... yet he is deemed not good enough by my own county, with ZERO Sams!:rolleyes::houllier:

Anyway good luck to Banty & hopefully Eamon McEnaney will prove my above theory wrong about the Farneymen!
Yeah, its pretty amazing witht the good work he's done to Monaghan the past few years, and your move up the ranking.

People forget too easily!

Crerand Legend

I agree with your theory, could come back to haunt Monaghan

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Missed ya's all fecko's - sorry been away. Done me blinkin hand in. Torn ligaments in my left hand on 10th October at the Darts Grand Prix in Dublin City West, gonna need surgery before Christmas. Dreadin it tbh. That shit freaks me out, even a needle freaks me out. I'll pucker up tho, just been goin through a really shit time this past while. Been off work for nearly 6wks, its been that bad, & me & my lady have been drifting during that time. I think we're gettin it back tho!

Our problem kinda lies with her sayin i'm wallowin in self-pity at times, i call it pain tho. I cant sleep. Cant find a comfortable spot for the hand to lie, as the bloods flows around the hand when its not flat. Never had this ever in my life, my lady understands but is wanting to see the positive me again & beat this fecker. I cant tho, i've tried & i try again. It just wont leave me alone. The cold hurts in. The heat hurts. Everything fecking thing seems to piss it off. Its done me head in lads.

I even tried the second-hand shop but they were no use & just gave me the look!

Ironic when you think about my username:

Google Image Result for http://www.tyronegaajersey.com/images/Tyrone-logo.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------

I would have posted the image but i cant for some unknown reason. I think i need my Javascript sorted!

Chins up tho & i'll work it out. Sorry for the moan!

Stuff the Goat

a Farney man in Galway, next stop America.
Missed ya's all fecko's - sorry been away. Done me blinkin hand in. Torn ligaments in my left hand on 10th October at the Darts Grand Prix in Dublin City West, gonna need surgery before Christmas. Dreadin it tbh. That shit freaks me out, even a needle freaks me out. I'll pucker up tho, just been goin through a really shit time this past while. Been off work for nearly 6wks, its been that bad, & me & my lady have been drifting during that time. I think we're gettin it back tho!

Our problem kinda lies with her sayin i'm wallowin in self-pity at times, i call it pain tho. I cant sleep. Cant find a comfortable spot for the hand to lie, as the bloods flows around the hand when its not flat. Never had this ever in my life, my lady understands but is wanting to see the positive me again & beat this fecker. I cant tho, i've tried & i try again. It just wont leave me alone. The cold hurts in. The heat hurts. Everything fecking thing seems to piss it off. Its done me head in lads.

I even tried the second-hand shop but they were no use & just gave me the look!

Ironic when you think about my username:

Google Image Result for http://www.tyronegaajersey.com/images/Tyrone-logo.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------

I would have posted the image but i cant for some unknown reason. I think i need my Javascript sorted!

Chins up tho & i'll work it out. Sorry for the moan!

Sorry to hear that RHD!...... Ye chin up, TIME DOES heal. It's never easy facing an Op, but it will sort it out. Remember, doctors can control your pain better after the op, cause they have those "liggies" where they want 'em!
................ Regards "Her-indoors", both of ye should ate plenty of mushrooms, they stimulate "you-know-what"!:angel:

Seriously, Gods speed to you RHD!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Sorry to hear that RHD!...... Ye chin up, TIME DOES heal. It's never easy facing an Op, but it will sort it out. Remember, doctors can control your pain better after the op, cause they have those "liggies" where they want 'em!
................ Regards "Her-indoors", both of ye should ate plenty of mushrooms, they stimulate "you-know-what"!:angel:

Seriously, Gods speed to you RHD!
Ahhh man, thanks for your kind words. I wasnt on a feel-sorry-for-myself buzz, i was just being honest like i always try to be. Really nice words dude & I thank you kindly for that. Me & the missus are gettin back on the right track, its amazing the difference a couple of days can do. Essentially, I needed her to cheer up more than me & then i can work from that. Thats been the case as its happens!

I cant do a feckin tap around the house & its got her down. I've done the rubbish etc tho - small man things, even taking the wheelie-bie down 20 steps in the ice & snow, its hurt like a feck but i had to do my part. Probabably not the best idea but i wouldnt have her hurtin herself!

Nice idea on the mushrooms, buts its very hard to find the magic one's from Farney. God himself showed the Farneymen how to grow them, but they dont seem to have left Ulster in the past 2 months :(

God bless ya man & many kind regards & best wishes to your greatself & all your family at this lovely festive period :)

Spiritually & physically - be fine & dandy, life is a lovely one & it wont pass you by my good man. Take care & speak to you soon mucker :angel:

Irwinwastheking

@ RHD. You must be on the sauce tonight. Ive never seen so many smileys from you in the whole thread. The paddys in here have been quiet without you the last while. Goodluck with the hand, and just remind the missus that when its better you'll be able to do all the housework, throw her out and pull your wire.

If the hands not working, you gotta put de ould foot down sir.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
@ RHD. You must be on the sauce tonight. Ive never seen so many smileys from you in the whole thread. The paddys in here have been quiet without you the last while. Goodluck with the hand, and just remind the missus that when its better you'll be able to do all the housework, throw her out and pull your wire.

If the hands not working, you gotta put de ould foot down sir.
:D and :)

Thanks dude, have an appointment on Thursday at the hospital, so hopefully that'll be better news. Had a torrid time this weekend tho, feckin hand went mental & i juiced myself up on painkillers. I'd planned to lay off them because they just seemed to make it worse - ironic i know. Word of advice to all - be careful taking painkillers as they can make you even more ill than you feel after a sustained period of taking them.

I can see how Micko Jacko couped - i thought i was gonna have a heart-attack last week. The heart was pounding out of my chest for 5 or more hours & i couldnt slow it down. Took the missus to Harry Potter & I had to l leave just before it started because i thought i was on the way out. feckin scary time & was close to goin to the hospital. It was a severe panic-attack i reckon but it lasted 5 hours!

So, less of my whingeing. I suppose there's not alot of Gaa talk to be talked about at the mo, but i guess us Paddies can also use this thread to talk about other shite!

Always a privilege to chat to ya Irwins - take care mucker & to all your family also :cool:

Hope the Paddies come back to the thread soon enough. Its probably one of the few threads that there's no bitchin & its total respect & good-humoured banter all the time!