GAA 2014

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Donaghy in his post match interview. Said how Brolly reckoned the production line in Kerry had come to an end and asked what had he to say now or something followed by a big roar into the camera.
Just saw it there. gas!

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
I dare say that wasn't pleasant viewing on tv, but I assure you it was much more interesting seeing it live. ;)

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
I dare say that wasn't pleasant viewing on tv, but I assure you it was much more interesting seeing it live. ;)
T'was if you were a Kerry man.

Other than that entertainment wise it wasn't a patch on the camogie final last weekend.

All's not lost yet though, we've the Hurling replay next Saturday and as a lad says that'll be sure to be a rim racker of a match. The Brit's will be busy on the aul' twitter machine again next weekend no doubt.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
The thing with this Kerry side is that they've shown they can play football and beat good teams in the Mayo and Cork matches but then they've also shown they can grind it out and work really hard and beat that hardened Donegal team. The games against Mayo were excellent value for money but that game yesterday was dire if somewhat compelling viewing. I think they should limit the number of hand passes to two consecutive ones and then a kick pass. That might stop this 13 man blanket defense system. If you look at Michael Murphy and James O'Donoghue who are two of the best players in the game at the moment and they just got bottled up and squeezed out yesterday then there for me is something wrong with the game as it is. Fair play to Donegal for finding a system that works for them but it just sucks the life out of me.

Gee Male

It's tempting to start off my post-match post with telling ye all how many parts of the game I called correctly, so I've decided to do just that. I called the early balls to Geaney and we saw him do some damage, I called the Kerry half back line siting deep correctly and that's what won them the game. I even called the fact that Donegal should counter that with a 'kick it into Murphy' tactic - and when they did that at the start of the second half it paid dividends. Doing the same to McBrearty when he came in almost paid off too.

What I didn't call correctly was the fact that it wasn't an interesting game, it was absolutely dire. Horrible stuff, from beginning to end, easily the worst All Ireland final I can remember. It was one-paced throughout, and only a bad kick-out from Durkin saves us from having to watch it again - thank Christ.

I was really looking forward to that game and the United game as well - what a crap Sunday it turned out to be. Roll on the Ryder Cup, and banish that stuff from memory.

On a side note, best of luck to Johnny Cooper in recovering from his attack in Dublin on Saturday morning, by the sounds of it he'll be alright. Some may even argue that a scary looking corner back with scars is just what Dublin need for next year, so hopefully he'll be alright!

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
It's tempting to start off my post-match post with telling ye all how many parts of the game I called correctly, so I've decided to do just that. I called the early balls to Geaney and we saw him do some damage, I called the Kerry half back line siting deep correctly and that's what won them the game. I even called the fact that Donegal should counter that with a 'kick it into Murphy' tactic - and when they did that at the start of the second half it paid dividends. Doing the same to McBrearty when he came in almost paid off too.

What I didn't call correctly was the fact that it wasn't an interesting game, it was absolutely dire. Horrible stuff, from beginning to end, easily the worst All Ireland final I can remember. It was one-paced throughout, and only a bad kick-out from Durkin saves us from having to watch it again - thank Christ.

I was really looking forward to that game and the United game as well - what a crap Sunday it turned out to be. Roll on the Ryder Cup, and banish that stuff from memory.

On a side note, best of luck to Johnny Cooper in recovering from his attack in Dublin on Saturday morning, by the sounds of it he'll be alright. Some may even argue that a scary looking corner back with scars is just what Dublin need for next year, so hopefully he'll be alright!
I didnt hear about cooper. I just had a read and he was stabbed a few times. Good jaysus there are some scumbags out there. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool

Yeah you were dead right about the calls you made. I think I said Paddy McBrearty would make an impact. I really like him as a player and I'm surprised he cant get into the Donegal side but I suppose he's sacrificed for a more defensive system.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
It's tempting to start off my post-match post with telling ye all how many parts of the game I called correctly, so I've decided to do just that. I called the early balls to Geaney and we saw him do some damage, I called the Kerry half back line siting deep correctly and that's what won them the game. I even called the fact that Donegal should counter that with a 'kick it into Murphy' tactic
What's the Mayo county boards telephone number and I make them aware of or forward them on your most recent posts on this thread? Because I reckon you could be the lad to replace James Horan and finally get Mayo over the finishing line. I'm not messing either, genuinely serious here.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Anyone know of a link where I can download the football final in full? A relation from abroad went to the final, then went back to Holland to only realise he plugged out his sky box so it didn't record!

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
What's the Mayo county boards telephone number and I make them aware of or forward them on your most recent posts on this thread? Because I reckon you could be the lad to replace James Horan and finally get Mayo over the finishing line. I'm not messing either, genuinely serious here.
He better be a dab hand at powerpoint!

Gee Male

He better be a dab hand at powerpoint!
:lol:

It's a sorry state of affairs really. The worst thing about it is, it's not even surprising. Anyone that has been involved in football in Mayo know that this is par for the course - I'm not saying we're any different to anyone else, but the politics in Mayo football is unreal.

One step forwards, two steps back.

Anyway - here's to the hurling final being a cracker on Saturday. Will be on the beer for the day before it with the Ryder Cup and United, so setting myself up for hopefully a better day than last Sunday :)

Seeing as I'm from Mayo, ye can discount my opinions on hurling completely. Will be shouting for Tipp, and reckon they can do it - not sure Kilkenny have the legs any more. Here's hoping anyway.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool

It's a sorry state of affairs really. The worst thing about it is, it's not even surprising. Anyone that has been involved in football in Mayo know that this is par for the course - I'm not saying we're any different to anyone else, but the politics in Mayo football is unreal.

Anyway - here's to the hurling final being a cracker on Saturday. Will be on the beer for the day before it with the Ryder Cup and United, so setting myself up for hopefully a better day than last Sunday :)

Seeing as I'm from Mayo, ye can discount my opinions on hurling completely. Will be shouting for Tipp, and reckon they can do it - not sure Kilkenny have the legs any more. Here's hoping anyway.
Really a strange one for me. I think McStay and McHale have done a great job with Brigids recently and look to be a straight forward pick for the job. They wanted to overhaul the team and get them playing in a new way which I think would benefit your lads as they need to change things up to keep it interesting and get them over that final hurdle. The board said that they wanted more of the same (which to be honest is being nearly men!!) and I just don't understand that. I have a soft spot for Mayo football in recent years and if Dublin aren't doing well I look to the wesht!

On the hurling I can safely say that the last 2 years have been brilliant. Probably only 5 or 6 matches have been poor viewing which is brilliant when you think about it. Really looking forward to this one.

Redjazz

Some mess....

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?op...fs-in-the-firing-line&catid=23:news&Itemid=46
........McStay et al totally dissed, Woeful attempt at a cover-up, Connelly\Holmes ticket damaged from the off, Reputations damaged by implication that the fix was in- Connelly's older brother is vice chairman of the Mayo County Board.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
On behalf of us southern muck savages, Donegal are welcome to the feckin nordies!!
What in the name of jaysus? A good size 12 or 13 Dunlop actifort ribbed safety wellington up the hole is what you want badly.

Feck Donegal and all belonging to it now, I couldn't give a shite about Bundoran, christenings or sessions after reading that post. Ye aul' northernern's aren't able to drink anyways. If ye aren't falling around the place talking scuther after 3 or 4 pints ye're asleep above at the counter!

C'mon the Healy-Rae's and Ciarraí Abú
Talk about not havin a sense of humour. Notice the smiley smug face on my post - it was a bitta craic for Christ sake?!

No need for that abuse!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
fao, RHD; Everyone from Ulster is Donegal folk when they're in the All-Ireland Final - against southern muck savages

AH bit harsh there RHD!!!! "down with that sort of thing"!

Up Donegal, hope Sam is back in the Hills on Monday. ( ps; a draw is well worth a punt in a sporting shop which is usually close to your local)

FAO Black Pearl ;
Being an Ulsterman living in Galway(& a Galway hurling fan, like yourself), I would willingly sit in a bar all day suppin the black stuff.....it's a serious hobby of mine! :D;)
Man, the Southern Muck Savages thing is nothing. Its a small slag at best.. We grow spuds up North aswell - we're Northern Muck Savages ffs :lol:

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Talk about not havin a sense of humour. Notice the smiley smug face on my post - it was a bitta craic for Christ sake?!

No need for that abuse!
Sthap I was only messing with ya, bloody bollix ya going around!

feck me pink but Kilkenny are after rattling the fecking net. They're starting to pull away now....

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Gotta hand it to the Cats, they've been the better of the two in the second half and put up quite a show.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Well done to Kilkenny. What an operator Cody is though and Shefflin too. I doubt the likes of them will ever be seen again.

Tipp will be sick now, no more than my lot in 2012 they left it behind them on the first day. No second chances with Kilkenny.

Roll on 2015 now!

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
That's it for another year now anyways, I doubt there'll be many calling in now so we might as well throw this thread into the 0-10-20 manure bag with all the other GAA threads tie a knot on her and land it abroad in the far shed.

As poor aul' Dan Connelly used to say God give him the bed of heavan, Good luck & God bless.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
That's it for another year now anyways, I doubt there'll be many calling in now so we might as well throw this thread into the 0-10-20 manure bag with all the other GAA threads tie a knot on her and land it abroad in the far shed.

As poor aul' Dan Connelly used to say God give him the bed of heavan, Good luck & God bless.
Don't put it in the composter yet TBP we've got the Club Championships starting now!

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Don't put it in the composter yet TBP we've got the Club Championships starting now!
You're right too Stick. My lot are in the County Final later on in Athenry only thing is it's the Kilkenny of club Hurling they're up against, Portumna. For once I'll be hoping Canning has a serious off day!

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
You're right too Stick. My lot are in the County Final later on in Athenry only thing is it's the Kilkenny of club Hurling they're up against, Portumna. For once I'll be hoping Canning has a serious off day!

I'll be tuning in to this one in the hope of recovering from the United game. I'm recording Vinnies too at the minute. See if they can defend their title this year.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
I'll be tuning in to this one in the hope of recovering from the United game. I'm recording Vinnies too at the minute. See if they can defend their title this year.
All over in Athenry and I can tell ye now that the current All Ireland champions Portumna have been beaten and are out of this years club championship.

Gort 2-13 Portumna 1-10. A massive win that.

Gonna be some porter swamped in Gort tonight now.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
All over in Athenry and I can tell ye now that the current All Ireland champions Portumna have been beaten and are out of this years club championship.

Gort 2-13 Portumna 1-10. A massive win that.

Gonna be some porter swamped in Gort tonight now.
I just watched the recording there. I thought when Portumna got the goal that they could nab rob it but what a response. 2 goals in a minute. Joe didn't shine too brightly today but I think that was more down to the work of the Gort lads starving him of service than anything else. Well done to your lads. Pints are well deserved.

Vincents hammered Rode in the football. Bit of a damp squib there but still all to do for them to retain the club championship.