GAA 2014

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
The All Ireland Hurling Final 2014: Kilkenny v Tipperary
  • This is the 127th edition of the hurling championship. It's been a less-than-vintage year this year, especially compared to the unbelievable championship of 2013.
  • We've only had six drawn finals. Seven, if you count the two in 1931.

*a goal = three points below for comparative purposes.

Biggest Margin:
80mins: (14) 1970 Cork 6-21 Wexford 5-10
70mins: (23) 2008 Kilkenny 3-30 Waterford 1-13
60mins: (34) 1896 Tipperary 8-14 Dublin 0-4

Most scores:
80mins: (43) 1972 Kilkenny 3-24 Cork 5-11
70mins: (47) 2008 Kilkenny 3-30 Waterford 1-13 and 2009 Kilkenny 2-22 Tipperary 0-23.
60mins: (35) 1963 Kilkenny 4-17 Waterford 6-8

Highest scoring match:
80mins: (64) 1970 Cork 6-21 Wexford 5-10,
70mins: (57) 1990 Cork 5-15 Galway 2-21,
60mins: (55) 1963 Kilkenny 4-17 Waterford 6-8.

Lowest scoring match:
80mins: (41) 1973 Limerick 1-21 Kilkenny 1-14,
70mins: (24) 1987 Galway 1-12 Kilkenny 0-9,
60mins: (4) 1887 Tipperary 1-1 Galway 0-0.

Highest scoring winning team:
80mins: (39) 1970 Cork 6-21 Wexford 5-10,
70mins: (39) 2008 Kilkenny 3-30 Waterford 1-13,
60mins: (38) 1896 Tipperry 8-14 Dublin 0-4.

Highest scoring losing team:
80mins: (29) 1971 Tipperary 5-17 Kilkenny 5-14,
70mins: (27) 1990 Cork 5-15 Galway 2-21,
60mins: (26) 1963 Kilkenny 4-17 Waterford 6-8.

Lowest scoring winning team:
80mins: (24) 1973 Limerick 1-21 Kilkenny 1-14,
70mins: (13) 1999 Cork 0-13 Kilkenny 0-12 .....lowest since 1954.
60mins: (4) 1887 Tipperary 1-1 Galway 0-0.

Lowest scoring losing team:
80mins: (16) 1974 Kilkenny 3-19 Limerick 1-13
70mins: (9) 1987 Galway 1-12 Kilkenny 0-9...lowest since 1954....and 2004 Cork 0-17 Kilkenny 0-9
60mins: (0) 1887 Tipperary 1-1 Galway 0-0 and 1902 Cork 3-13 London 0-0.

Most white flags:
80mins: (35) 1972 Kilkenny 3-24 Cork 5-11 and 1973 Limerick 1-21 Kilkenny 1-14,
70mins: (45) 2009 Kilkenny 2-22 Tipperary 0-23,
60mins: (28) 1961 Tipperary 0-16 Dublin 1-12

Most goals:
80mins: (11) 1970 Cork 6-21 Wexford 5-10
70mins: (8) 2013r Clare 5-16 Cork 3-16,
60mins: (13) 1910 Wexford 7-0 Limerick 6-2.
  • Highest scoring draw: 2013 Clare 3-16 Cork 0-25. Highest scoring draw (60mins): 1959 Waterford 1-17 Kilkenny 5-5
  • Last time goals>points: 1948 Waterford 6-7 Dublin 4-2
  • Last time no goals were scored: 2004 Cork 0-17 Kilkenny 0-9.....winning team has only ever failed to score goals on five occasions.
  • Last time winner scored no goals, but losing team did: 1997 Clare 0-20 Tipperary 2-13....has only ever happened three times.
  • The last three first-time winners were Offaly 1981, Waterford 1948 and Galway 1923.
  • Of the 126 titles so far, the Big3 have 90 between them.
  • The Big3 had identical record in 1935 (11 each) and 1941 (12 each).
  • The last time any two of the Big3 were level was 2007 Cork & Kilkenny had 30 titles each.
  • The last time Tipperary was level with Kilkenny was 1992 (24) and the last time level with Cork was 1976 (22).
  • Kilkenny only took the sole lead in the Roll of Honour in 2008 - now seven years incl 2014. Cork have lead for 56 years and Tipperary 43 years.
  • In total, only five counties have sat on top of the Roll of Honour (joint or sole lead): Cork 75 years, Tipperary 64, Kilkenny 14, Dublin 3 and Kerry 1.

Finals record: Kilkenny 34 titles (record) (last 2012), Tipperary 26 (2010).
Runners-up record: Kilkenny 25 times (record) (2010), Tipperary 12 times (2011).

Head-to-Head finals: Played 16 Tipperary W10 Kilkenny W6 (second only to Kilkenny v Cork 21 times).
Biggest win Kilkenny v Tipperary: 6 points (1909 & 1922)
Biggest win Tipperary v Kilkenny: 23 points (1895)
Last win Kilkenny: 2011 Kilkenny 2-17 Tipperary 1-16
Last win Tipperary: 2010 Tipperary 4-17 Kilkenny 1-18

Biggest win Kilkenny: (23) 2008 Kilkenny 3-30 Waterford 1-13
Biggest defeat Kilkenny: (24) 1893 Cork 6-8 Kilkenny 0-2

Biggest win Tipperary: (34) 1896 Tipperary 8-14 Dublin 0-4
Biggest defeat Tipperary: (10) 1960 Wexford 2-15 Tipperary 0-11

Last edited:

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Less than vintage year? Not so sure about that. Obviously last year won't be beaten for a while, but we've had some cracking games this year. The All-Ireland series has had a few blowouts which I think is colouring you a bit, there were a series of brilliant games in the provincials and qualifiers.

Galway 1-22 Laois 0-23
Galway 5-16 Kilkenny 3-22 (one of the best matches I've ever seen)
Waterford 1-21 Cork 1-21
Limerick 2-18 Tipperary 2-16
Clare 2-25 Wexford 2-25
Tipperary 3-25 Galway 4-13 (comfortable in the end but a great game for most)
Wexford 2-25 Clare 2-22
Wexford 3-15 Waterford 2-15
Kilkenny 2-13 Limerick 0-17

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Some game that. The new penalties are a load of bollox IMO. Some game otherwise though.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
So anyone have any thoughts on the final this Sunday? Going to be a cracker of a game, second All Ireland in a row where I'm really struggling to pick a winner and the bookies seem to be having the same problem. Odds of 10/1 for a draw look pretty decent aswel when you consider what this year has been like.

Tickets seem to be pretty hard to come across this year also. Even close relatives to the players are having problems getting tickets from what I've heard.

No matter what the outcome Sunday it has been a great year for hurling and I hope the final will match the quality of the matches played throughout the year. As a Kilkenny man myself I'll obviously be hoping Liam comes back with us, but I'm expecting nothing but a close game.
10/1. I hope you piled in!

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Speechless.

Best All-Ireland I've seen, which is a fair commendation based on what we've been lucky to witness in recent years.

Tipperary left it behind them, though. Kilkenny have too many passengers and are not the force of old.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Smashing game. Said it all year, new penalty rules are a joke. Added time too.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Ist class hurling on display there again today alright. 54 scores and only 9 wides too, unreal going that.

I'd like Kilkenny to win the replay mainly because I reckon Shefflin is going to call it a day after the match and bowing out with 10 AI medals would be some way to go saying that if I was to throw the price of a pint on it I'd probably throw it on Tipperary on the back of what I've seen today. I've said this before and it came back to bite me on the hole but I think this time Kilkenny really do appear to be similar to that of a dyeing wasp. Tipperary have a brilliant opportunity to win this years All-Ireland

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Ist class hurling on display there again today alright. 54 scores and only 9 wides too, unreal going that.

I'd like Kilkenny to win the replay mainly because I reckon Shefflin is going to call it a day after the match and bowing out with 10 AI medals would be some way to go saying that if I was to throw the price of a pint on it I'd probably throw it on Tipperary on the back of what I've seen today. I've said this before and it came back to bite me on the hole but I think this time Kilkenny really do appear to be similar to that of a dyeing wasp. Tipperary have a brilliant opportunity to win this years All-Ireland
That's what I was saying all through the second half. Couldn't believe the wide count. Almost every shot was a score. Incredible to watch. Any angle, any distance, chances are it was over the bar. Both penalties were a joke. Both times the fouls were well outside the large rectangle and I'm glad neither resulted in a goal affected the result. Thought Tipp hurled the better but were still lucky to come out with a draw which to me would suggest it's Kilkenny's for the taking the next day.

I would make one point with regard to time keeping. It's no surprise to people who watch GAA regularly that such a big game that was so close went to a replay and I would always have been skeptical of those who said that refs are told to play for replays if things are close at the end. But the game was a draw match in normal time when Tipp were awarded that last free. Over one minute ticked off the clock as we waited for it to be taken and hawk eye was called in to confirm that the free was wide. Then the ball was pucked out and the final whistle was blown. Where was the extra minute of play? One minute of added time was to be played and only 2 balls were struck in that time. Now, one could argue that neither team deserved to lose so late on but if there was one more play allowed, one team would have had the chance to win an All-Ireland title today. Neither team will complain, as neither team would have liked to lose it like that but you can bet if either team was a point down in the same situation and the minute of added time was not played there would be huge controversy at the moment.

Jammydodger7

When these to teams meet,they never fail to disappoint! Both teams should get massive credit for that game. Both teams seem to bring the best out of each other. As a Tipp man, I have mixed emotions (as I'm sure the KK supported do too). Felt like we should have won, if we scored that first pen right after our goal maybe the KK heads might have dropped but a the same time, 4 points down with 5 mins to go I would have certainly taken a draw! Oh well, looking forward to the replay. I think KK might have the slight advantage having been in this situation 2 years ago.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
What a game it was. The quality of it was unreal. Delighted we get a second showing.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
When these to teams meet,they never fail to disappoint! Both teams should get massive credit for that game. Both teams seem to bring the best out of each other. As a Tipp man, I have mixed emotions (as I'm sure the KK supported do too). Felt like we should have won, if we scored that first pen right after our goal maybe the KK heads might have dropped but a the same time, 4 points down with 5 mins to go I would have certainly taken a draw! Oh well, looking forward to the replay. I think KK might have the slight advantage having been in this situation 2 years ago.
What part of Tipp?

It was an incredible match with 54 scores and only 10 wides. Mad stuff.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Leaving aside the chances Kilkenny missed over the coarse of the year (blast of wides they clocked up against Limerick earlier on in the match spring to mind) League n' all I wouldn't be so sure they can raise it up a few levels so I think Babs who can be bitter enough too is wrong to give them a 6/10, they weren't far off full throttle IMO. They've been more or less hurling all year they way they did on Sunday and I think that's where they stand now. They scary thing is that despite the drop down in terms of overall quality as a unit in comparison to when they were sweeping all before them they are still arguably the best team in the country and they ain't going anywhere.

Word has it Shefflin is supposed to be in great nick too and is doing mighty in training so I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting the next day. I'll never forget his performances against Galway in those famous 2012 bouts if he puts in a shift like that again and I reckon it could be still in him I can only see the Liam McCarthy heading back to Kilkenny this year.

Last edited:

Gee Male

Jaysus this thread is very quiet for All Ireland football final weekend! Have we no cute hoors from Kerry here? Or band-waggoners from, well, anywhere else?

I’m expecting a good game on Sunday, it should be tight and I think that Donegal may be relatively surprised by Kerry’s physicality, fitness and cynicism – there still seems to be a perception that Kerry are purists and because of that they can almost be bullied in games, but the reality is somewhat different.

I just wonder if, similar to ourselves in Mayo last year, Donegal have peaked too early this year. Winning back Ulster was a huge step for them and from that date on the focus was really on Dublin (no disrespect to Armagh). Getting over that was a huge step, and it’s difficult to pick yourself up and do it all over again for a final. Not that I’m saying that beating us wasn’t big for Kerry – it’s just that you get the feel that Kerry take any type of win in their stride more than any other county in Ireland.

I’m sitting on the fence in terms of the bookies in that I’ve backed the draw, albeit with small stakes. Gun to my head, I’d go for Kerry to be honest, but at the same time I reckon that they’ve only one chance to beat Donegal, as I’d expect a reply to work in Donegal’s favour.

So for me, somewhere between a draw and a point or two in Kerry’s favour. It won’t be a classic, but it will be 70 minutes of tough, fast paced football. Can’t wait – United game at 1.30 makes it a great Sunday.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Jaysus this thread is very quiet for All Ireland football final weekend! Have we no cute hoors from Kerry here? Or band-waggoners from, well, anywhere else?
The band-waggoners on here made their usual guest appearance on the morning of Sunday the 31st of August and there's been no sightings from any of them since 5 o'clock that evening. They'll be back in the latter stages of next years championship I'd say.

I'm heading up to Bundoran later on for my nephews christening tommorow and there'll be a bit to ate and a session afterwards in the Hollyrood hotel. If Donegal win and I reckon they will as I think McGuinness will be too cute tactically to let it slip that session will go on for a few more days so naturally enough I'll be wanting them to win.

Gee Male

The band-waggoners on here made their usual guest appearance on the morning of Sunday the 31st of August and there's been no sightings from any of them since 5 o'clock that evening. They'll be back in the latter stages of next years championship I'd say.

I'm heading up to Bundoran later on for my nephews christening tommorow and there'll be a bit to ate and a session afterwards in the Hollyrood hotel. If Donegal win and I reckon they will as I think McGuinness will be too cute tactically to let it slip that session will go on for a few more days so naturally enough I'll be wanting them to win.
You're some man TBP, you fairly get around the country. I reckon you're some relation of Marty Morrissey, except a better looking yet rougher type, with a bird in every outpost in the country.

And there won't be a woman wantin' in Bundoran tomorrow night!

Stick

Supports
Liverpool

Get on your surf board TBP. Oh and do a bit of wind carting if you get a chance. It's great craic altogether.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool

I’m expecting a good game on Sunday, it should be tight and I think that Donegal may be relatively surprised by Kerry’s physicality, fitness and cynicism – there still seems to be a perception that Kerry are purists and because of that they can almost be bullied in games, but the reality is somewhat different.

I just wonder if, similar to ourselves in Mayo last year, Donegal have peaked too early this year. Winning back Ulster was a huge step for them and from that date on the focus was really on Dublin (no disrespect to Armagh). Getting over that was a huge step, and it’s difficult to pick yourself up and do it all over again for a final. Not that I’m saying that beating us wasn’t big for Kerry – it’s just that you get the feel that Kerry take any type of win in their stride more than any other county in Ireland.

I’m sitting on the fence in terms of the bookies in that I’ve backed the draw, albeit with small stakes. Gun to my head, I’d go for Kerry to be honest, but at the same time I reckon that they’ve only one chance to beat Donegal, as I’d expect a reply to work in Donegal’s favour.

So for me, somewhere between a draw and a point or two in Kerry’s favour. It won’t be a classic, but it will be 70 minutes of tough, fast paced football. Can’t wait – United game at 1.30 makes it a great Sunday.
Donegal will roll Kerry over for me here. They'll strave their forwards of possession and batter O'Donohue and their plan B of over the top for Donaghy wont work with the amount of bodies Donegal will throw at it. McFadden needs to fire though.

BD

I hugely underestimated Donegal in the last game, I just couldn't see them scoring enough to beat Dublin with McFadden up on his own with the form he was in, but then they went and scored 3 fecking goals. If they play that way again they'll destroy Kerry, but I'm not sure how easy it will to repeat that performance.

Going for a Donegal win this time.

Gee Male

Donegal will roll Kerry over for me here. They'll strave their forwards of possession and batter O'Donohue and their plan B of over the top for Donaghy wont work with the amount of bodies Donegal will throw at it. McFadden needs to fire though.
Thing is though, Kerry have plenty of players that are happy to kick points from distance too. If Donegal sit back to cover the space in front of O’Donoghue and Donaghy then they’ll just kick points from further out. Paul Geaney is coming into it a bit under the radar too with all the focus on the other two, if he’s neglected at all then he’s capable of doing damage himself. If I was Fizmaurice, I’d be telling the lads out the pitch to aim the first three balls at Geaney and just send a quick reminder to the Donegal full back line about what it’s like to play against a three man full forward line.

I really hope that O’Donoghue gets some protection from the referee though. For no other reason than he is currently head and shoulders above the next best forward in the game (maybe Murphy would dispute that, but he’s not really an out-and-out forward any more) and it would be a massive shame to just see him battered out of an All Ireland final.

Murphy is key as well. I see Dara O Se in the Irish Times saying that he’d stick O’Mahoney on him to follow him out the pitch, but I reckon that’s O Se being cute too. I think the only way to play Murphy is to have a cut off him basically – let him go toe to toe with another big man when he’s out the pitch, and let him go toe to toe with the full back when he comes back inside. You’re never going to be able to keep him off the ball, so just try to keep him on the periphery for as long as possible and it’s horses for courses depending on where he pops up on the pitch.

I can see Donegal taking a similar tactic to the All Ireland final of 2012 – stick Murphy in there at full forward for the first 10 minutes or so, and lump it down his throat as much as possible. The first 20 minutes are crucial.

The more I type, the more I’m getting excited for this game, it’s pretty intriguing. I may just have to go to it yet.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Thing is though, Kerry have plenty of players that are happy to kick points from distance too. If Donegal sit back to cover the space in front of O’Donoghue and Donaghy then they’ll just kick points from further out. Paul Geaney is coming into it a bit under the radar too with all the focus on the other two, if he’s neglected at all then he’s capable of doing damage himself. If I was Fizmaurice, I’d be telling the lads out the pitch to aim the first three balls at Geaney and just send a quick reminder to the Donegal full back line about what it’s like to play against a three man full forward line.

I really hope that O’Donoghue gets some protection from the referee though. For no other reason than he is currently head and shoulders above the next best forward in the game (maybe Murphy would dispute that, but he’s not really an out-and-out forward any more) and it would be a massive shame to just see him battered out of an All Ireland final.

Murphy is key as well. I see Dara O Se in the Irish Times saying that he’d stick O’Mahoney on him to follow him out the pitch, but I reckon that’s O Se being cute too. I think the only way to play Murphy is to have a cut off him basically – let him go toe to toe with another big man when he’s out the pitch, and let him go toe to toe with the full back when he comes back inside. You’re never going to be able to keep him off the ball, so just try to keep him on the periphery for as long as possible and it’s horses for courses depending on where he pops up on the pitch.

I can see Donegal taking a similar tactic to the All Ireland final of 2012 – stick Murphy in there at full forward for the first 10 minutes or so, and lump it down his throat as much as possible. The first 20 minutes are crucial.

The more I type, the more I’m getting excited for this game, it’s pretty intriguing. I may just have to go to it yet.
Yeah if Kerry can kick over the Donegal blanket then I would do that but kicking 10 points from distance in a game is a rarity. I don't doubt O'Donoghue's ability. If you leave him one on one he'll skin you but Donegal will have lads knocking lumps out of him all game in the McGees and I don't mean unfairly they'll do it fairly and cleverly. Didn't Fitzmaurice name his team today without Geaney? I think Murphy and McFadden are the obvious lads to stop but Donegal also launch McBrearty off the bench who is some player and McHugh is firing and destroyed Dublin with his constant support of the forward line. The other fast lad off the Donegal bench who sometimes starts (Cant think of his name) and the new big midfielder good players. I think the two matches against Mayo will have knocked the stuffing out of Kerry more than one quick run in for Donegal dismantling what everyone thought was the team to win the next 5 sams.

Gee Male

Yeah if Kerry can kick over the Donegal blanket then I would do that but kicking 10 points from distance in a game is a rarity. I don't doubt O'Donoghue's ability. If you leave him one on one he'll skin you but Donegal will have lads knocking lumps out of him all game in the McGees and I don't mean unfairly they'll do it fairly and cleverly. Didn't Fitzmaurice name his team today without Geaney? I think Murphy and McFadden are the obvious lads to stop but Donegal also launch McBrearty off the bench who is some player and McHugh is firing and destroyed Dublin with his constant support of the forward line. The other fast lad off the Donegal bench who sometimes starts (Cant think of his name) and the new big midfielder good players. I think the two matches against Mayo will have knocked the stuffing out of Kerry more than one quick run in for Donegal dismantling what everyone thought was the team to win the next 5 sams.
Michael Geaney is out but Paul Geaney is playing corner forward.

Can’t really argue with any of that to be honest. I think the first thing that we’ll see in this game that will be different to the Donegal/Dublin game is that the Kerry half back line won’t be going forward like the Dublin half back line. They’ll let McHugh and Mac Niallais off out the field on their own and then meet them in a line as they cross into the Kerry half. It will mean conceding a lot of possession to Donegal, but at the same time shoring up the defence in a way that Dublin didn’t.

Of course, if that happens, then having Murphy on the edge of the square would mean that Donegal could by-pass the Kerry half back line anyway, which would throw up a whole new set of issues.

Can’t wait, there’s so much to watch out for in this game. Typically with Donegal, if they win it will be down to the sideline and if they lose it will be down to the players.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Michael Geaney is out but Paul Geaney is playing corner forward.

Can’t really argue with any of that to be honest. I think the first thing that we’ll see in this game that will be different to the Donegal/Dublin game is that the Kerry half back line won’t be going forward like the Dublin half back line. They’ll let McHugh and Mac Niallais off out the field on their own and then meet them in a line as they cross into the Kerry half. It will mean conceding a lot of possession to Donegal, but at the same time shoring up the defence in a way that Dublin didn’t.

Of course, if that happens, then having Murphy on the edge of the square would mean that Donegal could by-pass the Kerry half back line anyway, which would throw up a whole new set of issues.

Can’t wait, there’s so much to watch out for in this game. Typically with Donegal, if they win it will be down to the sideline and if they lose it will be down to the players.
Yeah I think you're dead right. Kerry's half backs are good footballers but are defenders first and foremost. What worries me is the age of O'Mahony. He's in his 30s and is still flying but Murphy will run forever and it could tell in the last few minutes.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Got my ticket for Sunday :).

Wouldn't be surprised with a draw, really. Kerry'll need their long-range point kickers on form. Moran and Buckley (he'll start at 11 but to all intents and purposes he's a midfielder) in midfield could be key in that respect.

Gee Male

Got my ticket for Sunday :).

Wouldn't be surprised with a draw, really. Kerry'll need their long-range point kickers on form. Moran and Buckley (he'll start at 11 but to all intents and purposes he's a midfielder) in midfield could be key in that respect.
Good man De Selby, enjoy it - there's nothing to compare to All Ireland final weekend when you've the ticket in the back pocket and out in Dublin on the Saturday night, great craic.

Do we have any Donegal folk on here at all? Can't avoid them in the real world yet none on Redcafe?

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Good man De Selby, enjoy it - there's nothing to compare to All Ireland final weekend when you've the ticket in the back pocket and out in Dublin on the Saturday night, great craic.

Do we have any Donegal folk on here at all? Can't avoid them in the real world yet none on Redcafe?
Everyone from Ulster is Donegal folk when they're in the All-Ireland Final - against southern muck savages :smirk:

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Everyone from Ulster is Donegal folk when they're in the All-Ireland Final - against southern muck savages :smirk:
What in the name of jaysus? A good size 12 or 13 Dunlop actifort ribbed safety wellington up the hole is what you want badly.

Feck Donegal and all belonging to it now, I couldn't give a shite about Bundoran, christenings or sessions after reading that post. Ye aul' northernern's aren't able to drink anyways. If ye aren't falling around the place talking scuther after 3 or 4 pints ye're asleep above at the counter!

C'mon the Healy-Rae's and Ciarraí Abú

Stuff the Goat

a Farney man in Galway, next stop America.
What in the name of jaysus? A good size 12 or 13 Dunlop actifort ribbed safety wellington up the hole is what you want badly.

Feck Donegal and all belonging to it now, I couldn't give a shite about Bundoran, christenings or sessions after reading that post. Ye aul' northernern's aren't able to drink anyways. If ye aren't falling around the place talking scuther after 3 or 4 pints ye're asleep above at the counter!

C'mon the Healy-Rae's and Ciarraí Abú

fao, RHD; Everyone from Ulster is Donegal folk when they're in the All-Ireland Final - against southern muck savages

AH bit harsh there RHD!!!! "down with that sort of thing"!

Up Donegal, hope Sam is back in the Hills on Monday. ( ps; a draw is well worth a punt in a sporting shop which is usually close to your local)

FAO Black Pearl ;
Being an Ulsterman living in Galway(& a Galway hurling fan, like yourself), I would willingly sit in a bar all day suppin the black stuff.....it's a serious hobby of mine! :D;)

BD

Thank God I have this to turn to after that shite on sky.

Who are the 'neutrals' here up for? I think I'm still a bit bitter after the semi so at the moment feel I feel like I want Kerry to win. I wouldn't be surprised if I changed the minute I see that prick Donaghy though.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Not a great spectacle so far but still intriguing. I wonder if Kerry will out Donegal Donegal........