g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

GAA 2014

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Apparently the reason the replay can't be held Saturday week in Croker is because it'll be needed for the replay if Donegal and Dublin draw. Understandable enough, it wouldn't be right to have the poor aul' jackeens having to play a match outside of Dublin.
haha I loved when we played Kerry in Thurles years back. That Maurice Fitz point and the following year I think it happened again and Vinny Murphy hit every kerry back when making his way onto the pitch.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Apparently the reason the replay can't be held Saturday week in Croker is because it'll be needed for the replay if Donegal and Dublin draw. Understandable enough, it wouldn't be right to have the poor aul' jackeens having to play a match outside of Dublin.
Yeah that's the reason I think though tbh,I wouldn't mind a semi final double header on Saturday week. It'd mean not everyone getting a ticket but it'd be some spectacle. Plus, it's very unlikely that it'll be a draw on the weekend to be fair, I'm thinking Dublin by 7 or more.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah that's the reason I think though tbh,I wouldn't mind a semi final double header on Saturday week. It'd mean not everyone getting a ticket but it'd be some spectacle. Plus, it's very unlikely that it'll be a draw on the weekend to be fair, I'm thinking Dublin by 7 or more.
Dublin are due a bad day and Donegal are the wrong team to meet on a bad day. I wouldnt be over confident. It doesnt make financial sense to move the dubs out of Croker for a semi final though. They could fill it twice over on their own.

BD

Dublin are due a bad day and Donegal are the wrong team to meet on a bad day. I wouldnt be over confident. It doesnt make financial sense to move the dubs out of Croker for a semi final though. They could fill it twice over on their own.
I just can't see where the Donegal scores are gonna come from. Realistically, they'll need at least 1-10 or 1-12 to have a chance. Presuming they do their 13 men and a gk behind the ball act, they'll have McFadden up top on his own, who is having a shocking season, and Murphy on his own 40, which just won't be enough to outscore Dublin. McFadden looks a different player with Murphy up alongside him, but I don't think Donegal will do that.

I could end up looking a fool, but I can't see anything other than a Dublin win.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
And there'll be more than 49 thousand odd looking for tickets for the Kerry Mayo replay too. They're told to suck it up though. It's only Mayo and Kerry shure....

If Donegal and Dublin drew next Sunday and the replay was above in Casemont Park or somewhere out of Dublins comfort zone the following weekend my money would be on Donegal snaring them.

Jammydodger7

Do and you'll see the Cork lads who according to nahealai weren't given an entrance into the game racking up wides like there was no tomorrow in the first quarter of an hour or so. I went out to the kitchen and made a mug of tae for myself after the 9th went up towards Barrys.

Even though I think they are going to have to up it again for the final Tipp were on the ball last Sunday there's no doubting that but Cork were terrible and there is no way that Tipp playing the way they did last Sunday would have beaten the Cork team that came within a puck of the sliotar of winning the All-Ireland 12 months ago. Last Sunday was definetly more of a 'what the fck happened Cork' than Tipp being the better team or tactically out doing them etc.

Typical Tipp to hype themselves up though and let them at it that's what I say!
When Tipp hammered Dublin it was because Dublin werte shite and theres no way they'd beat Cork playing like they did. Then they go and hammer Cork but again that was because Cork were useless and never showed up. I suppose if they win the All Ireland it'll be because Kilkenny never showed up and nothing to do with Tipp being a very good team!

Don't forget Kilkenny were lucky to beat Limerick, a team that Tipp should have bet only for poor decision making by some of the forwards. I'm in no way saying Tipp will win but it will be a very good game between two evenly matched teams. Tipp deserve a lot more credit than they're getting, it seems everytime they win it's because "the opposition was poor".

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
When Tipp hammered Dublin it was because Dublin werte shite and theres no way they'd beat Cork playing like they did. Then they go and hammer Cork but again that was because Cork were useless and never showed up. I suppose if they win the All Ireland it'll be because Kilkenny never showed up and nothing to do with Tipp being a very good team!

Don't forget Kilkenny were lucky to beat Limerick, a team that Tipp should have bet only for poor decision making by some of the forwards. I'm in no way saying Tipp will win but it will be a very good game between two evenly matched teams. Tipp deserve a lot more credit than they're getting, it seems everytime they win it's because "the opposition was poor".
Alright alright alright..... the Cork team that turned up to play Tipp were showing the same form that got them to an All-Ireland final and replay 11 months ago. Tipp yourself, nahealai the Bonnars of Cashel King Cormac's and everyone in Tipp are mighty.

Jaysus chrisht tonight....

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
I don't understand how the GAA couldn't foresee a semi final replay being a possibility when the American Football game was scheduled into the middle of a busy season. It's not necessarily a bad thing to hold an All Ireland semi final elsewhere, but it just feels wrong for some reason.

Anyway, I think Kerry will win by 4 points next week.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
And there'll be more than 49 thousand odd looking for tickets for the Kerry Mayo replay too. They're told to suck it up though. It's only Mayo and Kerry shure....

If Donegal and Dublin drew next Sunday and the replay was above in Casemont Park or somewhere out of Dublins comfort zone the following weekend my money would be on Donegal snaring them.
I mention the pull of Dublin because the GAA know what teams bring in the money. Dublin are a cash cow whether you like it or not. Mayo and Kerry don't have that pulling power. If there was a game to be moved it was always going to be the Mayo Kerry one.

Gee Male

Mayo by 6 in the replay. I think we should be a lot more confident about playing our own game after that second half, and I'd be shocked if Horan wasn't just concentrating on playing the running game with pace coming through from the half back line. Kerry couldn't live with that last week.

Need a stronger ref though. I've never seen a more cynical Kerry team in my life, so a bit of support from the ref in cutting back on the pulling and dragging they were doing would be a good start.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
The identical pairings in the senior and minor semifinals has never happened before. The minor football championships have been held since 1929, with a few championships not held in the 40s. That's 80+ years and it has never happened before.

Gee Male

Mayo were at it too. Even their fans at the match admitted as much.
Didn't see any fans around me at the match admitting as much. Can you provide some examples of when Mayo were doing it? From Kerry, it was literally every time a Mayo player broke a tackle between the 45 and 65 in Kerry's half.

Separately, the way the rules are drafted for the black card, the player has to be 'dragged down' in order for it to apply, which implies that the player has to be brought to the ground rather than merely 'dragged back'. In my opinion the spirit of the rule should be that being pulled back merits the black card, or else it's not worth using at all. Also, there's no difference between a rugby tackle to bring a man down in front of goal and the tackle on Vaughan for the penalty. Either use the black card for both or not at all, the intention to bring him down is the exact same regardless of method.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Off the top of my head I can remember Donnchadh Walsh having his shirt pulled then being hauled to the ground in the second half (about 30 metres out) and there was no free given. The Mayo fans next to me even laughed at the decision.

Kerry were fouling at times, certainly. But don't fool yourself into thinking Mayo weren't at it too.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Didn't see any fans around me at the match admitting as much. Can you provide some examples of when Mayo were doing it? From Kerry, it was literally every time a Mayo player broke a tackle between the 45 and 65 in Kerry's half.

Separately, the way the rules are drafted for the black card, the player has to be 'dragged down' in order for it to apply, which implies that the player has to be brought to the ground rather than merely 'dragged back'. In my opinion the spirit of the rule should be that being pulled back merits the black card, or else it's not worth using at all. Also, there's no difference between a rugby tackle to bring a man down in front of goal and the tackle on Vaughan for the penalty. Either use the black card for both or not at all, the intention to bring him down is the exact same regardless of method.
Deny a clear goal scoring chance by fouling and I think it should be a black card. For me the challenge on Vaughan was not different to the challenge on McManus by Kavanagh last year.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Off the top of my head I can remember Donnchadh Walsh having his shirt pulled then being hauled to the ground in the second half (about 30 metres out) and there was no free given. The Mayo fans next to me even laughed at the decision.

Kerry were fouling at times, certainly. But don't fool yourself into thinking Mayo weren't at it too.
Yeah I think both sides were at it but I think the referee could have gotten hold of the match much better. He had a poor one for me and his sending off of Keegan and no black card for the challenge on Vaughan puzzled me.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

All Dublin games are like that in the latter stages, they could sell 120,000 tickets to Dubs. So if your logic is keeping people looking for tickets happy you have to have the Dubs in Croker. I can see why it annoys folk, but not because of a deficit of seats.

BD

That was some game. Reilly was terrible though.

Mayo need to get rid of Horan.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
That ref will do well to get out of Limerick alive tonight in fairness especially if that 20 stone lad that took his young one and 6 or 7 stewards to cart and hold him off the pitch near the end gets a hold of him. Things got a bit mental there and at the final whistle.

Some match though but I can't help but feel Mayo were robbed. They hardly got any 50/50's and there was a few questionable handy 14 yard frees given against them too I thought. I can understand their supporters frustration. I'd be cracked enough myself if I was in their shoes.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Ref was poor on both sides though. How can a man give away two penalties and remain on the pitch. Both were bookings and the first one could even have been a black card. Great game of football. Mayo can feel somewhat hard done by though. I'd agree that most 50/50's went against them.

The melee where the big man and his daughter ran on was great. They were too tired to fight. Everyone just came in, pushed someone and fell over.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
He was a poor ref, certainly. The first penalty for Kerry was a good decision I think, but the second was iffy to say the least. Fitzgerald (I'm pretty sure it was him) should definitely have received a black card for the foul in the 1st half too.

As for the 50/50s: yeah, I think Kerry probably got the edge on that as well. However, it's not their fault that a ref makes a decision one way or the other. Might be worth pointing out - for the sake of balance - that it looked like Aidan O'Shea elbowed James O'Donoghue in the face and the ref never did anything despite standing less than 10 yards away.

Whether certain decisions went their way or not, Kerry are the better team regardless. They're worthy finalists.

BD

Plus Enright should've been off after he pulled down O'Connor for the first penalty and already on a yellow.

Am I missing something here or why was that not mentioned at all on rte?

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Which peno came from the sideline taken about 10 yards up the field? There'd have been no penalty if it had been taken from the correct spot. Anyone know what the linesman should have done in this case? Does the kick simply get retaken from the correct spot?

The carry-on of Donaghy esp during extra-time was unbelievable. How he wasn't yellow-carded earlier than he was beggars belief. I sure hope Donegal win today because I don't want to have to choose between Kerry or Dublin on Final Day.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Donegal can't keep up with the Dubs at the moment. Beating the Donegal blanket defence with shots from range in the early stages and looking sharp.

iSparky

Donegal came back into it well on the run into half time. Dubs asleep, they need to wake up. Donegals problem is that the Dubs could start clicking up through the gears again in the second half. They were dominant at the start.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Donegal came back into it well on the run into half time. Dubs asleep, they need to wake up. Donegals problem is that the Dubs could start clicking up through the gears again in the second half. They were dominant at the start.
Yeah. The Dubs will get a booster set of drugs and will probably take the second half.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
How's that 5 in a row looking now lads?

iSparky

Only a point in it, will be interesting to see how the second half starts now.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Intensity upped immediately.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Black card! For f*ck's sake. MacCauley and Rock can haul people down and nothing said. F*cking bullshite from the ref. This is some f*cking game.