GAA 2014

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Ridiculous. Outrageous hurling. Kilkenny will be raging to let a 9 point lead slip but that shows why it's one of the best sports on earth. It was a game like that, that Sky Sports needed to showcase hurling.

|Neo|x

Shefflin's and Canning's points at the end of the game! :drool:

Fantastic game of hurling, Kilkenny became very sloppy in the last few minutes and should have really putting the game away. Fair play to Galawy though, fantastic comeback topped off by a fantastic point at the death. Great game of hurling!

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Last two points were just unreal. The entertainment value is unreal.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
The two points at the end of the game, from two of the best hurlers I've seen.....absolutely brilliant stuff.

I hope the replay's like the Tipp/Cork games in 1991? when Tipp came from 9 down to draw and 10 down in the replay to draw, before winning in ET. Absolutely stunning finish to the game.

And no-one gets to see the replay, because Sky have more puke football from Ulster?

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
The two points at the end of the game, from two of the best hurlers I've seen.....absolutely brilliant stuff.

I hope the replay's like the Tipp/Cork games in 1991? when Tipp came from 9 down to draw and 10 down in the replay to draw, before winning in ET. Absolutely stunning finish to the game.

And no-one gets to see the replay, because Sky have more puke football from Ulster?
I've my seat booked on this yoke since last Monday! Its a sell out too I believe.

It would be a rare enough occasion when I would be speechless but I was just that for a few minutes after witnessing those last 10 minutes last Sunday. I wasn't quite sure wtf I was after seeing!

|Neo|x

Not the greatest of games but Kilkenny deserved the victory, albeit in a very stop start game. Kilkennys defence was great on the day and should beat Dublin quite comfertably in the final. Galway v Tipp should be a great game also.

northbynorthwest

Not the greatest of games but Kilkenny deserved the victory, albeit in a very stop start game. Kilkennys defence was great on the day and should beat Dublin quite comfertably in the final. Galway v Tipp should be a great game also.
kilkenny clare final for me. clare will up it in the qualifiers. Galway to lose to tipp. Doubt too many galway supporters will travel to thurles

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Key for Clare might be avoiding Tipp in the next round, could do with a nice run to ease their way into the championship like last year

Trizy

We were very poor today and as soon as we were slowly clawing our way back Podge lashed out with the helmet grab, we couldn't see it from where we were standing, actually I don't think many people in Cusack park saw it so the ref got a bad reception coming off at the end of the first half. However after watching the replay back home it was indeed a red card offense. We could have actually won it by a point or two that the umpire ruled as wides that were clearly scores.

We were lucky in the end and didn't deserve to win it, maybe a draw was justified considering it was done with coming back from an early dominance from Wexford and having to play with 14 men but Wexford most certainly didn't deserve to lose. If we have any hope of seeing Corke Park this year the team would want to wake up lively and get their heads in the game, too many poor performances since we won the All-Ireland last year.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Dublin were very poor against Kilkenny this weekend. Clare and Wexford was great entertainment but probably a few mistakes on both sides. Good to see Wexford back competing though. This all ireland is impossible to call.

Trizy

This all ireland is impossible to call.
Exactly, Clare, Cork, Limerick, Tipperary, Kilkenny, Dublin all chances of making the final and throw in a few of dark horse Offaly, Wexford & Waterford could easily cause an unset for any of the teams mentioned earlier.

As a Clare man I'd love to make the final again this year, it was an incredible lift for the county and we have one of the best if not the best team still in the country but its like they're still hungover from winning it last year, maybe reality needs to kick in still and we might not see it this year. With the majority of the team under 23, we'll be reunited with Liam soon even if its not this year!

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Exactly, Clare, Cork, Limerick, Tipperary, Kilkenny, Dublin all chances of making the final and throw in a few of dark horse Offaly, Wexford & Waterford could easily cause an unset for any of the teams mentioned earlier.

As a Clare man I'd love to make the final again this year, it was an incredible lift for the county and we have one of the best if not the best team still in the country but its like they're still hungover from winning it last year, maybe reality needs to kick in still and we might not see it this year. With the majority of the team under 23, we'll be reunited with Liam soon even if its not this year!
Yeah retaining it must be very hard and you had the shock value last year but this year you lot have expectation. I would put Galway, Waterford and limerick in the top group of counties with potential to go far given a bit of luck.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Another outstanding game between Clare and Wexford. Gutting to be out so soon but very proud of the fight the lads showed with 13 men. The legs just went in extra time.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Another outstanding game between Clare and Wexford. Gutting to be out so soon but very proud of the fight the lads showed with 13 men. The legs just went in extra time.
Twas a cracking game.

Stuff the Goat

a Farney man in Galway, next stop America.
Ulster SFC Final
Monaghan v Donegal

Really looking forward to this game, heading up myself. It will be a great intense game, not to be missed!.. LIVE on RTE @ 4pm. Hopefully us Mons will get our first back-to-back since 1930:eek:.

ps; Where's RHD, IWTK, etc. the Tyrone heads when you need 'em to slagg 'em. ....... I think they've "left town" with the Tyrone team!:lol:

Duafc

Village Lemon
Wexford looking like a team with momentum, already looking a lot better in front of the posts than last week.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Ulster SFC Final
Monaghan v Donegal

Really looking forward to this game, heading up myself. It will be a great intense game, not to be missed!.. LIVE on RTE @ 4pm. Hopefully us Mons will get our first back-to-back since 1930:eek:.

ps; Where's RHD, IWTK, etc. the Tyrone heads when you need 'em to slagg 'em. ....... I think they've "left town" with the Tyrone team!:lol:
IWTK left a while back. Pity, the hurling heads are taking over this place now.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Ulster SFC Final
Monaghan v Donegal

That munster final was like pennance after watching Dublin! ;)

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
IWTK left a while back. Pity, the hurling heads are taking over this place now.
In fairness if you were looking for a game to market internationally then hurling is it. Some brilliant games in the last 2 championships and the level across the board appears to be improving. This is coming from a lad who used to only watch the football!

BD

In fairness if you were looking for a game to market internationally then hurling is it. Some brilliant games in the last 2 championships and the level across the board appears to be improving. This is coming from a lad who used to only watch the football!
Yeah, true the hurling has been great to watch this year and last particularly, I just prefer the football.

Meath were so bad yesterday, and it could've been a bigger win for Dublin. Dublin minors had an easy win too, so all's looking well for us.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Im sure you mean......Ulster
As I was in Clones, did'nt see much of Dubs, but they looked awesome on the Highlights.
I disagree.... ok it was the opposite to a free-running game, but the, physicality, intensity, 1-on-1's etc. was good viewing.
Yeah i meant Ulster. For me I like free flowing, kick passing and quick lay off football. I fell asleep 3 times watching the Ulster final. Monaghan's tactics of high ball into Hughes surrounded by Donegal lads was hopeless and they persisted with it. I can't understand that. I think Dublin vs Donegal would be an interesting match. Dublin bring the same intensity as Donegal but they apply it to quick turnover and attack but Donegal work more intensely going backwards and then pick holes in their opponents. I'm not saying either is wrong but I do think one is better to watch than the other.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
I should also say fair play to Donegal. 3/4 Ulster titles in the last 4 years is a phenomenal achievement for any team.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Is the Dublin goalkeeper - (Anto, or is it Deco McMugger) going to be punished for his swipe on O'Dwyer?

The Dubs, despite ALL the financial doping still can't produce anything better than that. They're made hurlers and got found out at the weekend. Brutal waste of €1.2million/year. What would Laois/Westmeath/Antrim/Carlow have done with that? A whole f*cking lot more.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Is the Dublin goalkeeper - (Anto, or is it Deco McMugger) going to be punished for his swipe on O'Dwyer?

The Dubs, despite ALL the financial doping still can't produce anything better than that. They're made hurlers and got found out at the weekend. Brutal waste of €1.2million/year. What would Laois/Westmeath/Antrim/Carlow have done with that? A whole f*cking lot more.
Shure jaysus hey, I kept Niall Corcoran of Meelick/Eyrecourt out of the St. Rynaghs schools team and I was only one sided.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Indeed. But when Laois manager brought this up last year, he was told on air (by a Dub!) that funds are limited. Laois are getting some support now, but nothing like the €1.2m youse were supposed to be getting....and this is years of that level of support. What do you have to show for it? Nothing substantial. It's time to let Dublin hurling idle along the way it was for years and years and give a load of other counties a chance. The population of Laois, Carlow, Westmeath along with the hurling population of Antrim wouldn't amount to 1/5th of Dublin's, yet they'd produce a whole lot more with 1/5th of €1.2m over ten years.

kidbob

Super game. Being a Kildare man I don't like Dublin but I hope they take apart them free merchants. Never have I seen a forward line play for frees as much as Monaghan's. Don't want to sound like a sore loser, fair play to them. We shot ourselves in the foot (if Doyle was still around the game would have been over 50 mins in). Sad to be out but we are a very young side and the signs are very good. We beat ourselves against Meath and Monaghan but hopefully with a bit of experience we can become a real force and maybe even challenge the Dubs in Leinster (probably not but one can hope). Want Kerry to win it now but hope the Dubs destroy any Ulster team they meet. Lyons wasn't allowed touch his man and the Bolton black card was a load of shite (his first offense all game). Also there was at least 3 times the ref looked the other way when a Monaghan player held one of our lads on the ground off the ball.

Ultimately Ryan putting Callaghan in the full forward line in the second half killed us. Proud of the boys and trial and error and experience will make us real contenders. Well done Monaghan, don't agree with their style of football but it's effective. Here's hoping the real pure footballing teams (Mayo, Dublin and Kerry) can take out the rest by the end of the year.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
That's Dublin's fourth game in a row to break the 20-point barrier. I'm doing something up for the hurling championship and when it's done, we'll see that the proliferation of 20-point scores really is only a relatively new phenomenon IN HURLING. That Dublin are doing this so regularly in football is incredible.

Makes me wish the last five minutes of 2011 never happened.

BD

We were very impressive today, I have to say. Some lovely qucik short passing to break down the Monaghan defence, and there could've(should've) been more goals. Didn't see a whole lot to fear in Donegal today to be honest so I'm pretty confident of winning that game. Only problem would be if we have an off day in the forwards and Donegal manage to get a good bit ahead, but even then I would expect whoever is on the bench to be able to come on and change it up.