Gabriel Obertan | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciderman9000000

What a beast! fecking nailed their two full-backs and probably would have scored his header if it weren't for the push in the back!

Obertantastic!

Should start vs Stoke

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
What I don't understand is why are we playing a CM on the left when we should be giving Bebe/Obertan a crack. Gives the team greater balance and provides speed and strength down both sides of the pitch.

Meanwhile we keep playing Anderson on the left...

Come on Ferguson, you know it makes sense! Give em a go!

ciderman9000000

Can't see SAF breaking up the world famous Berbaritochichatov partnership; Nani on the right and The Obernator on the left switching whenever the whim takes them; we'll tear Stoke a new eye-hole!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Can't see SAF breaking up the world famous Berbaritochichatov partnership; Nani on the right and The Obernator on the left switching whenever the whim takes them; we'll tear Stoke a new eye-hole!
I used to love it when Ronaldo did that, swapping from wing to wing, it was brilliant

rotherham_red

The players rested and Ferguson's comments imply that It will be Berba-Javi up front, so the only mystery is who plays on the wings- I expect it to be Park and Nani although I'd prefer to see Obertan.
Agree. Cant see Obertan starting, especially since that was his first appearance of the season. Probably going to have a place on the bench and look to impress again. He'll play the full game against Wolves and then look to get a chance against Spurs...

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
we look 100 times better with two direct wingers on the pitch

look much stronger and played with some fire. did nothing to hurt his first team chances going forward.
Completely agree and i've been calling for him to get his chance for weeks now if only because he is one of the few players left around the squad who make it their game to carry the ball at the oposition.

Hopefully Fergie saw enough tonight to pitch him in again sooner rather than later.

wr8_utd

:'(
Doubt it'll happen. We'll probably got 4-5-1 with Berbatov on his own up top.
Fergie said Berba and Hernandez were rested for sunday so I can see them both starting.

Obertan really should start. Park is pointless.

kundalini

It was certainly an interesting 20+ mins from Obertan. His physical approach was somewhat surprising but very impressive. I enjoyed it.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
What I don't understand is why are we playing a CM on the left when we should be giving Bebe/Obertan a crack. Gives the team greater balance and provides speed and strength down both sides of the pitch.

Meanwhile we keep playing Anderson on the left...

Come on Ferguson, you know it makes sense! Give em a go!
It was only one game and apparently both players weren't even named on the Bench... He's not a fortune teller to know that Giggs will injure his hamstring...

As for giving a chance, last night does assume that we will see a lot more of Obertan/Bebe'

Park will start against the bigger sides though.

TheMancRedDevil

From what I have seen from watching Obertan in the reserves is that he tends to get better as the game progresses. For some reason, he seems to take 20-25 minutes to really get into a game and so these late cameos don't really do him justice.

I think he should be given a start and given at least 50-60 minutes, if he's making an arse of it, bring on Park by all means but Park isn't exactly justifying his selection ahead of him from what I have seen so far this season.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Bloody hell, he really has built himself up hasn't he.

He was rather quiet for the first 10 minutes or so when he got on the field, but after that he was quite impressive. Hopefully he'll kick on from here and really stake a claim for a spot.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
He has all the ingredients to be a cracking player but still needs to improve on his decision making. Should be fed a daily dosage of Muller 09-10
The Nani/Ronaldo syndrome;)

I can understand why United wanted him since age 16 because there is tons of raw potential.

WireRed

Really like this lad, I find it strange that he's yet to really be given his head by Fergie.

He might be raw but he's got that something different, that something special about him. There's facets of his game to work on, decision making and maybe more self belief the two main things but he's got all the tools ability-wise to make an impact here IMO.

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
The Nani/Ronaldo syndrome;)

I can understand why United wanted him since age 16 because there is tons of raw potential.
Really like this lad, I find it strange that he's yet to really be given his head by Fergie.

He might be raw but he's got that something different, that something special about him. There's facets of his game to work on, decision making and maybe more self belief the two main things but he's got all the tools ability-wise to make an impact here IMO.
Aye, I don't think he lacks any self belief. Any player who has got the balls to try a fancy step over in front of 65 thousand plus fans isn't lacking any self belief.

The thing about him is all about when to do something fancy and when to keep it simple. There was a moment when he dispossessed a Bursa player close to their penalty area in the latter minutes of the game last night, where a first time shot or cross might have done the trick but instead he opted to do some fuzzy wazzy with the ball and got a corner instead.

He needs to sort that kind of thing out. The only other physical attribute he needs to work on is his shooting and perhaps left foot.

He is a flair player and guys like these either tend to frustrate or excite, both in equal measures and I am hopping he starts doing the latter

WireRed

Aye, I don't think he lacks any self belief. Any player who has got the balls to try a fancy step over in front of 65 thousand plus fans isn't lacking any self belief.

The thing about him is all about when to do something fancy and when to keep it simple. There was a moment when he dispossessed a Bursa player close to their penalty area in the latter minutes of the game last night, where a first time shot or cross might have done the trick but instead he opted to do some fuzzy wazzy with the ball and got a corner instead.

He needs to sort that kind of thing out. The only other physical attribute he needs to work on is his shooting and perhaps left foot.

He is a flair player and guys like these either tend to frustrate or excite, both in equal measures and I am hopping he starts doing the latter
Agree with all this, occasionaly the the party pieces come-off and we get a goal ala Wolfsburg last season or it's an epic fail and he looks a bit of a selfish tit.

I think the term "maverick" is the best way to describe Gabby at the minute, they say there's a thin line between genius and insanity, Gabby is probably borderline the wrong side of that devide right now, possibly this is the reason his appearances have been so scarce since he arrived.

Definately something to work with though, there's no substitute for ability and from what I've seen of him, he's got it in bundles.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
One thing I noticed about Obertan last night was when he didn't get the ball passed to him on the wing he came inside looking for it. He's done that before and it's apparent that once he decides to get to get the bit between his teeth he can produce some very good football.

He's young now but United have managed to build him up nicely over the last year and he's able to battle his way through defenders much better than he could do before. That, combined with his skill, pace and undoubted flair, is hopefully going to produce a player that is certainly worthy of wearing a United shirt. He's got so much potential has the lad. If we can manage to unleash it all he's going to be a delight to watch and we're all going to thoroughly enjoy what he can bring to the team in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.