Gaming Gaming RedCafe's Greatest Video Games Of All Time Contest (ROUND 9)

Ainu

Yeah, it's a little bit 'losers getting in on a technicality', isn't it?

Top effort with the contest as a whole, though @Dirty Schwein, you're allowed on off-round. :p
I don't know, we had a lot of posters complaining there were too many multi platforms in previous rounds, so a round dedicated to exclusives isn't over the top or anything. I like it!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I don't know, we had a lot of posters complaining there were too many multi platforms in previous rounds, so a round dedicated to exclusives isn't over the top or anything. I like it!
This is what made me think of this round to be honest. I think it was something @Fortitude said...

Come to think of it, where is @Fortitude ? He was really involved in the earlier rounds and kept banging on about PC but I don't think he even voted in the PC round?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Nintendo - FFVI
Sega - Alex Kidd in Miracle World
Sony - Horizon Zero Dawn
XBox - I dunno, some Halo or other thats all they have right? Halo 7 - Masterchief vs Masterchef.
PC - Divinity Original Sin 2

Irwin99

When do we do greatest soundtracks?
It was talked about but then it was decided that it was utterly pointless because Final Fantasy VIII would win by a landslide and I wholeheartedly agree with that decision.

Moby

Dick
It was talked about but then it was decided that it was utterly pointless because Final Fantasy VIII would win by a landslide and I wholeheartedly agree with that decision.
You FF nerds would end up fighting amongst yourself to ever get a result, like with everything else FF related.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Overrated soundtrack

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Is the Alex the kidd thing a running gag? Has no one seriously played sonic 2?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Also if there was ever a soundtrack one would outside sourceing count? Hotline Miami's soundtrack rocked.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
This is what made me think of this round to be honest. I think it was something @Fortitude said...

Come to think of it, where is @Fortitude ? He was really involved in the earlier rounds and kept banging on about PC but I don't think he even voted in the PC round?
Swamped lately, plus not much fun on the site lately so been easy to avoid.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Hey! None of that coming in here trying to influence votes :nono:

If people want to vote for the monkey-eared Alex Kidd, then all good for them!
Come on , the guys who've made it will in all likelihood not pick it themselves. If that games wins this election will be null and void,rigged i say with no integrity left. Everyone should publish their monetary transactions so we make sure they haven't been influenced by third parties.
I’m convinced it’s a joke and never actually existed.
Google search says otherwise, but it can be psy op conducted with malicious intentions.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Nintendo - Xenoblade Chronicles
Sony - Gran Turismo 2
Xbox - Lost Odysee
Sega - Shenmue 2
Pc - Europa Universalis 4

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
1. Nintendo - Final Fantasy VI
2. Sony PlayStation - Final Fantasy IX
3. Sega - Alex Kidd
4. Xbox - Mass Effect
5. PC - Half Life

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
1. Nintendo - Final Fantasy VI
2. Sony PlayStation - Final Fantasy IX
3. Sega - NA
4. Xbox - Mass Effect
5. PC - Half Life
I said this to many... If you can't think of a SEGA game, give it to my boy Alex Kidd! As host, would mean a lot to me...

Yeah I'm trying to sway the votes! Sue me :lol:

Revan

Assumptionman
I said this to many... If you can't think of a SEGA game, give it to my boy Alex Kidd! As host, would mean a lot to me...

Done, as a sign of gratitude.

Now sway the votes to make KOTOR win overall.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Admission of malpractice, every single poll till now is null and void.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm currently playing Cuphead and would have put it on my list had I played it earlier. I'm surprised it didn't get a single vote in its round!

Ainu

I'm currently playing Cuphead and would have put it on my list had I played it earlier. I'm surprised it didn't get a single vote in its round!
Despite its critical acclaim and commercial success, I'd still call that a pretty niche title. A run and gun game which consists mostly of boss fights, it's not for everyone.

Moby

Dick
Despite its critical acclaim and commercial success, I'd still call that a pretty niche title. A run and gun game which consists mostly of boss fights, it's not for everyone.
Yep, it's a super niche game. Looks amazing though everytime I've watched it. Absolutely love these kinda creative visual themes. Just looking at those visuals makes me nostalgic.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
That's a good point.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Great game that has one of the best art styles out there which really elevates it, but it's not even the defacto PC platformer so not surprising to be honest.
The whole its hard Shtick may have put of several people from trying it out.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Great game that has one of the best art styles out there which really elevates it, but it's not even the defacto PC platformer so not surprising to be honest.

The whole its hard Shtick may have put of several people from trying it out.
I'm about 50% through and checked out a difficulty rank of all the bosses (I've beaten a load of the supposedly harder ones) and I have to say, so far, it's not as difficult as people make it out to be. And this is coming from me, someone who's not that great at games which aren't fighting games (like Tekken or Street Fighter).

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
:lol: Excellent.

Was Alex Kidd the one that you could play for free when you turned on the Mega Drive by holding a specific button on the control pad?
It came built in for free with the SEGA Master System 2. It recently got a remake on the Switch and I been playing it non-stop :lol:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I'm about 50% through and checked out a difficulty rank of all the bosses (I've beaten a load of the supposedly harder ones) and I have to say, so far, it's not as difficult as people make it out to be. And this is coming from me, someone who's not that great at games which aren't fighting games (like Tekken or Street Fighter).
It's definitely not hard in fact its very fair but it has the reputation of being though, mostly because gaming journalists are incompetent and lazy.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Also I'm almost convinced that dirty Schwein is either the developer or has bought the selling rights to it and this whole contest is a ruse to promote his interests.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Also I'm almost convinced that dirty Schwein is either the developer or has bought the selling rights to it and this whole contest is a ruse to promote his interests.
:nervous:

In honesty, I got into gaming as I always used to play on my uncles Amiga 500. Eventually my parents bought me a Master System 2 and the ONLY game I had for a very long time is Alex Kidd. Me and my brother played it non-stop for years :lol:

It has a really special place in my childhood.