Gareth Bale | Golfer, ex-Footballer, Elbower of racists, Philosopher, Golf Ambassador, Bar Owner, Real Legend, Defibrillator

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Worst transfer this season. Anyone disagree?
Bale has 14 goals and 5 assists in all competitions, is he worth the 250 000 pounds a week or w/e Spurs are paying him, no. But hardly terrible returns from a wide player.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Apart from having (I believe) the best goal contributions per minute in the league...
He's had goal contributions in 5 games...I mean, considering he's barely played...

£13M for 9 great games is a poor return, no matter how you slice it

cyberman

Bale has 14 goals and 5 assists in all competitions, is he worth the 250 000 pounds a week or w/e Spurs are paying him, no. But hardly terrible returns from a wide player.
Hes the minnow slayer. Goals v relegated sides and part timers. Games where he wouldnt be playing in if he wasnt a flop.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I love the way this thread pendulums between him being amazing (like after beating woeful Sheff Utd up), to terrible (after another anonymous performance).

His stats are surprisingly high for how the perception of how he's played have been. Reminds me a little bit of the Berbatov season where he scored about 25, but only scored in about 7 games.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Definitely not. :lol: He hasn't been great but there were worse signings. VDB, Willian and Doherty for example.
Thiago has to get in there as well.
Havertz has scored a couple recently, or he might be well up the list.

el3mel

Thiago has to get in there as well.
Havertz has scored a couple recently, or he might be well up the list.
I completely forgot about Thiago's existence. :lol: He has been such a forgettable signing.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Of course he has, he has barely played in the league all season and is brought off early in second halves when he does. Its the Morata defence in 2021
9 PL goals in 17 games. I think it's a stretch to pass that off as 'because he is brought off early'

In the PL, he has 1 less goal than Rashford, in half as many games, from the wing, in a worse team (and a Mourinho one at that, for the most part) in one where Kane and Son are also getting 38 goals between them also

cyberman

9 PL goals in 17 games. I think it's a stretch to pass that off as 'because he is brought off early'

In the PL, he has 1 less goal than Rashford, in half as many games, from the wing, in a worse team (and a Mourinho one at that, for the most part) in one where Kane and Son are also getting 38 goals between them also
He has scored in 5 games against the worst sides in the league. Adds nothing outside of those spurts since he has 2 assists (!) all season despite having Kane up top. 6 of his 10 goal contributions came in 2 games v Burnley and Sheff Utd. He averages 49 minutes per game thats hes played for you in the league based on my quick maths. Add in those that hes missed and its 24 minutes for feck sake.
Flop isnt the word. Its horrendous flop

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Scored as many as Sadio Mane and Sir Marcus Rashford in 1/3 of the playing time.

redrobed

Strange. Why would we "hope" that a rival team's player kicks on and scores a truckload? Unless it is for a specific game against our bigger rivals.
Spurs are closer to being rivals of West Brom than ours, honestly.

Irwin99

16 goals in 34 games isn't bad at all. There's still a very good player there.

mikey_d

Apparently scored a premier league goal every 84 minutes of playing time. Which is the highest across a season of any player since 2000/01 season. (10+ goals)
And apparently the 2nd highest goal/minute ratio in premier league history behind OGS 1998/99.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Apparently scored a premier league goal every 84 minutes of playing time. Which is the highest across a season of any player since 2000/01 season. (10+ goals)
And apparently the 2nd highest goal/minute ratio in premier league history behind OGS 1998/99.
Worst signing of the season though according to some genius in here.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That last goal was hilarious.
It was like an adult playing against kids the way Leicester just let him wander through.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's been okay. Or do you think much better than that?
The stats people quoting his goals would make him look arguably the best signing of the season.
But the reality of where those goals have come takes a fair bit of shine off.