Gareth Bale | Golfer, ex-Footballer, Elbower of racists, Philosopher, Golf Ambassador, Bar Owner, Real Legend, Defibrillator

Yes I think he is 100% worth keeping.
do you think that will happen?

a fit, motivated Bale could appease the fans if/when Kane goes?

his comments today were somewhat strange and hint at something other than staying at spurs - as surely that wouldn’t ruffle any feathers.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

his comments today were somewhat strange and hint at something other than staying at spurs - as surely that wouldn’t ruffle any feathers.
I think there is every chance he will stay another year yeah.

TheReligion

Abusive

What's the chaos thing about do you think?

He seems to like staying relevant

What's the chaos thing about do you think?

He seems to like staying relevant
it’s bizarre. It points to something controversial, when the obvious choices are going back to Real and fighting for his place under a new manager or staying at spurs. Neither of which would cause chaos.

Doracle

it’s bizarre. It points to something controversial, when the obvious choices are going back to Real and fighting for his place under a new manager or staying at spurs. Neither of which would cause chaos.
Very odd phrase to say it will cause chaos. Part exchange for Kane ?

Doracle

He’s not retiring. He can play golf in Madrid for a season and earn many millions.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I'd take him at Chelsea for a season, if he's motivated to play football that is. We seriously lack goal threat and experienced winners. He is both. Plus he got off to a good start today... it's £30m a year in wages but at least free transfer. Not unworkable.

Few golf courses around Cobham too.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think he is going to retire and he doesn’t want that spotlight and retrospection in the team in the Euros.

I think Madrid are tired of him and his agent and will just pay him the last year to keep him from coming back.

Would he then sign on a free for Spurs and play in the Europa Conference League for a fifth of his last salary? I think he is ready to call it a day.

Doracle

For a fifth of his salary pretty much any top club in the world would take him on a free for a couple of seasons.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
For a fifth of his salary pretty much any top club in the world would take him on a free for a couple of seasons.
I don’t think he is bothered anymore. He only seems to care about Wales and possibly sees this as a good time to go out.

He is not going to get 575,000 from anyone, so, why bother I guess, if you don’t fancy it and would prefer to be on a golf course.

Life is too short and all that.

el3mel

11 goals in the league is actually better than what I have expected from him at the start.

Madrid aren't taking him back so it'll be either Spurs again or MLS.

el3mel

He is either joining Beckham in Miami or maybe he is going to be player manager in Madrid. Chaos indeed when he replaces Ramos and Modric with Ben Cabango and wee Joe Allen.
Doubt Madrid will want him around even as a ball boy at the moment.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
At the very last game he did well just to confuse the feck out of Madrid and Spurs. The real troll.

ShinjiNinja26

He’s done what he was brought in to do which was secure Tottenham Europa Conference football next season. I think Spurs fans would consider his signing a success, no?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
In terms of stats not a bad season for him and I think the plan is for Spurs to take over his final 12 months of contract at Madrid so think he'll still be there next season.

Not sure he's got enough about him to play well enough v top level teams though anymore who press him, was non-existant in the Leeds game a few weeks back and can also recall the Arsenal game when he basically wasn't interested in tracking back and helping out Doherty who was being badly exposed by Arsenal pinging balls around him and think Mourinho basically lost faith in him after that.

Obviously he did well yesterday when Leicester just gave him space to run through trying to score themselves but did he impact on another top level game for Spurs this season (can't remember if he played in Zagreb or not).

Edit: Didn't read the "chaos" interview. Yeah looks like he could just call it a day and try to join pro golf tour like a few ex footballers have attempted (John Harkes, Julian Dicks etc).

MadMike

I think he is going to retire and he doesn’t want that spotlight and retrospection in the team in the Euros.

I think Madrid are tired of him and his agent and will just pay him the last year to keep him from coming back.

Would he then sign on a free for Spurs and play in the Europa Conference League for a fifth of his last salary? I think he is ready to call it a day.
No way is he going to retire this season while still contracted for 500k pw at Real.

He might have made his mind up, but he can't make Real's mind up for them and make them offer him his last year's salary for free just to see the back of him.

If he has made his mind to retire it will only be after his contract with Madrid expires in 2022.

Abraxas

Bale comes out with some bizarre things, I'm not reading too much into it.

TheReligion

Abusive
The "it would cause chaos" comment is a strange one.

Staying at Spurs or going back to Madrid wouldn't "cause chaos"? Would it?
Really don't know what happens with him now. He's wages are phenomenal. Madrid are in a pickle with trying to find both Bale and Hazard a home.

If they both rip it up in the euros though...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
See out his contract at Madrid (by doing nothing) and then retire, maybe?