Gareth Bale | Golfer, ex-Footballer, Elbower of racists, Philosopher, Golf Ambassador, Bar Owner, Real Legend, Defibrillator

Hughes35

Surprised at some of the comments about him here. He has been excellent for Spurs when selected and has been available for selection.

Massively under rated player IMO.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He was well off the pace initially (unsurprisingly) and took a while to get back to a good level of match fitness.

Once he did, he actually performed quite well in my opinion and wouldn't mind another season of this arrangement.

Doing that wouldn't be chaos though so I doubt its in the pipeline.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
His passing has been delightful, brilliant vision and weight of passing.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
His passing has been delightful, brilliant vision and weight of passing.
Agreed, usually when people say players only turn up when they feel like it’s usually because the player isn’t good enough. With bale he genuinely can be outstanding when he’s up for it and you can get him involved

TheReligion

Abusive
Pretty shocked he Baggio'd the pen. Thought he'd have the composure in that situation.

Good performance though. Interesting to see where he goes next season.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah he missed the pen. Shit pen. But 2 great assists. First one especially. Should have had more if Ramsey could finish better.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Agreed, usually when people say players only turn up when they feel like it’s usually because the player isn’t good enough. With bale he genuinely can be outstanding when he’s up for it and you can get him involved
Getting him involved definitely helped improveon the Swiss game. I think Roberts having more license to high and wide right allowed him to move into the more dangerous areas. That and the Turks being oddly stretched out for most of the game.
Pretty shocked he Baggio'd the pen. Thought he'd have the composure in that situation.

Good performance though. Interesting to see where he goes next season.
The pen was dreadful and I think he lost his head for a bit afterwards. Managed to regain his composure at the end though.

I think he’s either gonna retire (because of his cause chaos comments), or head to a weak league with good money. I don’t think he’s up for it mentally to keep playing at the highest level.

TheReligion

Abusive
Getting him involved definitely helped improveon the Swiss game. I think Roberts having more license to high and wide right allowed him to move into the more dangerous areas. That and the Turks being oddly stretched out for most of the game.

The pen was dreadful and I think he lost his head for a bit afterwards. Managed to regain his composure at the end though.

I think he’s either gonna retire (because of his cause chaos comments), or head to a weak league with good money. I don’t think he’s up for it mentally to keep playing at the highest level.
It's so strange. I know he's won alot and made alot of money but I do wonder if he'll have regrets when he does hang up his boots.

He would have been brilliant at United. Thought he was tailor made to become the new Giggs.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
A different level of class for parts of the game. Like watching a man play vs boys.

Pen aside, mostly a different class. Premier League vs National League

Hulksmash

There is a reason why Mourinho and Zidane didn't play him. Hes gonna fleece Real Madrid again :lol:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
There is a reason why Mourinho and Zidane didn't play him. Hes gonna fleece Real Madrid again :lol:
Only for one more season then we are done, besides, he cant be worse than Vinicius and Hazard.

redrobed

It's so strange. I know he's won alot and made alot of money but I do wonder if he'll have regrets when he does hang up his boots.

He would have been brilliant at United. Thought he was tailor made to become the new Giggs.
This 100% sums up my thoughts on him too. Such a decorated career, he’s done fantastic things but I wonder if he won’t look back and think with his talent he could have maybe been in conversations about Messi and Ronaldo or at least the best of the rest.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The best player from Wales at the Euro: am I correct or wrong?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Thanks for the replies.

I have only watched Wales against Italy and Denmark.

Today he seemed to be the most influential player.
He’s played against and with better class players and at times looked amazing. There is no one in the Wales squad that comes close even if his powers are waning

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
So he basically took a year off at Spurs to arrive fresh at the Euros, to perform well in 1-2 games, and get knocked out. I find it quite funny I have to say.

RUCK4444

Totally agree. As a Welshman I wanted him at United badly when he moved to Madrid.

I think he would have been incredible for us.

He’s definitely past his prime now, well past it. But what a player he was in his peak, unplayable in that period.

Zen

So I'm assuming his intention is to basically reject any move and then essentially believe Madrid won't pick him and even better eventually tell he doesn't even have to show up to training.... and without that game time and training, Wales won't - but well why not? - pick him?

Thus - kinda retiring?

Isn't this what Big Philly Jones has done?

Poltophagy

Having the best combover in history of hair should also be in the title. How many even know he's bald?

Poltophagy

Why does he just not do a Rooney/Silva/Conte on it? He's got the money.
He may have, the evidence is lacking. That kind of work needs care as you saw with Rooney's rug. Silva spent a full 2 years with prep to get his done. Question is when did Bale get the time to do this? The other two had to shave to get theirs fixed.