Gareth Bale is signaling he wants to leave Real

matt10000

Played well for Wales last night.
We need to build with a foundation of young, fit, keen, something to prove players who will grow together as a team. There would be nothing wrong in also signing the odd great experienced player to help but not sure Bale fits the bill. Very expensive and always injured wont really help.

TRUERED89

Jose will be trying for him that’s for sure! Bale, Son & Kane upfront doesn’t look half bad does it ?

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Hope he goes to Spurs.
Big name, big wages and getting old. Perfect for Levy and Mourinho to fight over.

Bocca9978

We need to build with a foundation of young, fit, keen, something to prove players who will grow together as a team. There would be nothing wrong in also signing the odd great experienced player to help but not sure Bale fits the bill. Very expensive and always injured wont really help.
Sure, I think that ship sailed long ago for us. He still looks good though.

Alabaster Codify7

Bale is still a fantastic player. However, there is SO much risk attached to signing him - especially for a team that has publicly had its fingers expensively burned with the Sanchez fiasco. Could be a really damaging transfer for us, we need to draw a line under it. Which is a shame, I love him as a player and obviously would love to see another world-class Welshman at OT.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Bale is still a fantastic player. However, there is SO much risk attached to signing him - especially for a team that has publicly had its fingers expensively burned with the Sanchez fiasco. Could be a really damaging transfer for us, we need to draw a line under it. Which is a shame, I love him as a player and obviously would love to see another world-class Welshman at OT.
The reason I still want him is because he is the closest thing we can get to getting an ageing Cristiano Ronaldo back at United. Rashford, Martial, James, Greenwood can learn so much from him and Bale was and is still is a completely different level to Sanchez. Bale in one season is equivalent to 5 of Sanchez's seasons who does nothing in the CL.

Bale can play LW, CAM, RW, CF, ST and be useful for us under the right contract. Sanchez was an overrated player on an overrated contract for what he did for 2 seasons in the Premier league & not much else.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Why does everyone think this is brilliant. As much as I dislike Madrid this is out of order and why the blood sucking players can do what they friggin well like and the clubs have to suffer ala Sanchez. They are paying him 350 a week! and he is injured half the time. Then just because he doesnt get to play he can go around insulting them. Disgusting. Even if this was Liverpool or City and I hate them with a passion I would still say this is just wrong. They should chuck him in the reserves to rot
He's being a massive prick here. I don't remember a player being so publically unprofessional before towards their club.

Teja

Why does everyone think this is brilliant. As much as I dislike Madrid this is out of order and why the blood sucking players can do what they friggin well like and the clubs have to suffer ala Sanchez. They are paying him 350 a week! and he is injured half the time. Then just because he doesnt get to play he can go around insulting them. Disgusting. Even if this was Liverpool or City and I hate them with a passion I would still say this is just wrong. They should chuck him in the reserves to rot
The question is who started it. I think he's been treated poorly by Madrid / Zidane / Press and he's retaliating. His situation is completely different from what Sanchez's was at Utd.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He's being a massive prick here. I don't remember a player being so publically unprofessional before towards their club.
I'd agree and for any well club run like Liverpool included.

But forget Real Madrid. This is just Karma for the way they treat their best players like they never existed at the club. They already talking about the Brazilian youngsters like C Ronaldo never played for them.

Either way - that was a fans flag apparently.

Renegade

yeah I’m not a fan, we’ll start to see more of this going forward though. Only have to look at Matic laughing at the bewamers post about Jose.

TRUERED89

Zidane has been a massive prick too, I don’t totally side with Bale, but that club and their fans are awful, they owe him a lot more than what he’s currently getting! He was integral in finally getting La Decima! And played a decent part in helping them win the proceeding 3 CL’s in a row!

Last edited:

RoyH1

You're absolutely right.

Just imagine the state of the CAF if a player did that to us? People would be howling in righteous fury. And they'd be right.

Madrid pays his extremely high wages. As far as I know they haven't stopped paying him at any point. You don't talk that way to your employer.

TRUERED89

Great News, if Gareth Bale agreed join Man Utd, i think he can be the legend in Old Trafford
He’s 31 and injury prone as feck! He might help us win something, but MU legend ? That’s just over the top mate.

TRUERED89

The question is who started it. I think he's been treated poorly by Madrid / Zidane / Press and he's retaliating. His situation is completely different from what Sanchez's was at Utd.
Exactly Sanchez done absolutely zero! He’d deserve that treatment, but Bale has 4 CL’s, 1 La Liga and 1 Copa Del Rey, they’re not even in the same stratosphere to be compared! Ridiculous really

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Real Madrid have blatantly been using the media to attack him for a couple of years, trying to force him out. Zidane has made it quite obvious he doesn't like him. Bale finally agreed to leave at the start of this season and the transfer was basically done, only for Real Madrid to then turn around and refuse to sell him after all.

It's got nothing to do with him 'not getting to play'. Real Madrid have been incredibly unprofessional in their treatment of him, so it's quite a good laugh to see him reply in kind.

RUCK4444

As others have said, Madrid have treated Bale disgracefully, trying to force him out through the papers, Zidane publicly saying he would never play Gareth in his starting 11.

Literally trying to force a player out the door who is under a contract they willingly signed him up to, they deserve to have a bit of this treatment.

A contract works both ways, the same way a player shouldn’t go on strike the club shouldn’t publicly force a contracted player out of the club.

Their fans in the stadium are a disgrace, I mean whistling Cristiano feckin’ Ronaldo if he went a game or so without scoring - wtf?? Chasing Bale and others out of the stadium when they are leaving in their cars.

Milk them Gareth, for every penny Lad!!

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I agree with this. Dick move.
Just to play devils advocate, he may not even be aware of what was written on the flag.

If it was something his teammates arranged he may just think it’s a Wales flag.

UpWithRivers

Real Madrid have blatantly been using the media to attack him for a couple of years, trying to force him out. Zidane has made it quite obvious he doesn't like him. Bale finally agreed to leave at the start of this season and the transfer was basically done, only for Real Madrid to then turn around and refuse to sell him after all.

It's got nothing to do with him 'not getting to play'. Real Madrid have been incredibly unprofessional in their treatment of him, so it's quite a good laugh to see him reply in kind.
Oh boo hoo. I have no sympathy for him. He earns 600 grand a week. All Zidane said was that it was best he leave. Ok I wouldnt like to hear that but I wouldnt start crying about it and I would pack my bags and go. He knew Zidane didnt want him for years but has been quite happy to sit around and earning a sht load of cash. This is the problem in football now. Players hold all the cards. They get huge contracts and just sit around like an anchor around the clubs neck then go around insulting the club. If Sanchez starts doing that wouldnt you be pissed?

mu4c_20le

Oh boo hoo. I have no sympathy for him. He earns 600 grand a week. All Zidane said was that it was best he leave. Ok I wouldnt like to hear that but I wouldnt start crying about it and I would pack my bags and go. He knew Zidane didnt want him for years but has been quite happy to sit around and earning a sht load of cash. This is the problem in football now. Players hold all the cards. They get huge contracts and just sit around like an anchor around the clubs neck then go around insulting the club. If Sanchez starts doing that wouldnt you be pissed?
Not this again. So because he earns big money, he should take everything on the chin? And if Alexis used to perform for us and won us the CL before declining, and we started treating him like shite, he would have every right to play games with us.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Just another player United should sign years ago when he was ripping teams to shreds. Now he can wear christmas lights in the middle of the street and signal everyone, but decision was made and it's Dan James.

UpWithRivers

Not this again. So because he earns big money, he should take everything on the chin? And if Alexis used to perform for us and won us the CL before declining, and we started treating him like shite, he would have every right to play games with us.
Hardly treating him like shite. Thats the point. Maybe bordering on slightly incorrect manners but unless I missed something all the did is tell him to leave. I wish someone would tell Lingard to leave already. Probably have a few words to the rest of them as well.

mu4c_20le

Hardly treating him like shite. Thats the point. Maybe bordering on slightly incorrect manners but unless I missed something all the did is tell him to leave. I wish someone would tell Lingard to leave already. Probably have a few words to the rest of them as well.
Zidane's relationship with him has become totally unprofessional, personal, and toxic. He's being forced out of the club and to take a pay cut, while the club has been using the media to shame him for being happy on the bench and playing golf instead of looking to move.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
You are missing something, Bale was all set to go to China (the only place Real wouldn't want a transfer fee) then they probably seen the wages he was reportedly going to get then they changed their mind at the last second and demanded a fee.

So yes, if your employer told you to bugger off, you finally find a place to go only for your employer to demand your new place to pay for your release, you'd be angry.

I'm not a big fan of either actions, Bale or Madrid but I can certainly understand Bale taking the piss - every action causes a reaction etc...

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
You're absolutely right.

Just imagine the state of the CAF if a player did that to us? People would be howling in righteous fury. And they'd be right.

Madrid pays his extremely high wages. As far as I know they haven't stopped paying him at any point. You don't talk that way to your employer.
:lol:
it was a fans flag. Thought it was great anyway

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I believe that Madrid have always behaved well with Bale.
First with a great contract in a difficult period of injuries, securing his undisputed position in the 11th and refusing to sell him after the Kiev final against Zidane's opinion.
Press and fans are not blind, Benzema, Marcelo, Varane or Kroos have recently been criticized and nobody can imagine them posing with a flag that indirectly harms the club.
Not all the madridistas in the world have to know that it is a reference to Mijatovic.
He is criticized for lack of leadership, commitment and irregular performance, reasonable seeing that he is the best paid and the theoretical leader of the team.
From what I understand, it was Bale's family who stopped the signing of China when it was done.
https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/07/28/5d3d9db7e2704e02208b4603.html
China because no European team was especially interested,possibly because of the string of reasons the press is using now to criticize him

mu4c_20le

I believe that Madrid have always behaved well with Bale.
First with a great contract in a difficult period of injuries, securing his undisputed position in the 11th and refusing to sell him after the Kiev final against Zidane's opinion.
Press and fans are not blind, Benzema, Marcelo, Varane or Kroos have recently been criticized and nobody can imagine them posing with a flag that indirectly harms the club.
Not all the madridistas in the world have to know that it is a reference to Mijatovic.
He is criticized for lack of leadership, commitment and irregular performance, reasonable seeing that he is the best paid and the theoretical leader of the team.
From what I understand, it was Bale's family who stopped the signing of China when it was done.
https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/07/28/5d3d9db7e2704e02208b4603.html
China because no European team was especially interested,possibly because of the string of reasons the press is using now to criticize him
What exactly caused his relationship with Zidane to go sour? Were there any specific incidents, or just a clash of egos? From what i remember, there was a point where he pretty much froze him out of the team, which made everything think he was done, but when he got a chance he would perform and made ZZ look bad. Because of his injuries he was never going to completely replace Ronaldo, so while I can understand the fans frustrations, it is entirely the club's fault for giving him that contract in the first place. Just like us with Sanchez, but at least he performed for you, just arguably not to your expectations.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
What exactly caused his relationship with Zidane to go sour? Were there any specific incidents, or just a clash of egos? From what i remember, there was a point where he pretty much froze him out of the team, which made everything think he was done, but when he got a chance he would perform and made ZZ look bad. Because of his injuries he was never going to completely replace Ronaldo, so while I can understand the fans frustrations, it is entirely the club's fault for giving him that contract in the first place. Just like us with Sanchez, but at least he performed for you, just arguably not to your expectations.
It may be a clash of egos, but I don't think other egos like Cristiano or Ramos have a bad word about Zidane. Who knows,Zidane seems very stubborn with his ideas.
From what I understand it is a broken and distant relationship and for whatever reasons Zidane considers that he does not contribute all that he should to the group.
You are right that there is a contract but he is not an office worker whose company does not want and makes life impossible.
He is an elite footballer whom the coach has ruled out. It happens a thousand times and the most logical thing is that the player and club look for a way out.
I would empathize more with Bale if in the first year post-Cristiano, and without that fierce competition he would have shown more but his year was a disaster.
Barnett was warned of the situation in March / April last year and did not do much.
Madrid may be being a bit stingy but one would expect Bale to vindicate himself in another good destination even if he had to earn a little less

Walters_19_MuFc

He's obviously still a very good player, but I get the feeling he's playing within himself, which I guess is understandable, given the amount of injuries he's had.

He's the style of player I want at United. A goal scoring right forward, but he obviously doesn't suit our new policy.