Gareth Bale Transfer Speculation | Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
No white text, not joking, he is worth no where near the figures being quoted, and Id rather give our young uns a chance.

Revan

Assumptionman
They can unsettle him. Just means we can swoop in as soon as he says he wants to leave. We all know he'd prefer to come to United than Real.
We don't have any idea about that, let alone know.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
And time just gets faster and faster, the older you get.
Until the sweet sweet embrace of the grave, My 13 year old niece recently asked me if its true that men generally die younger than women and why.........I replied because we want to.

Sir A1ex

Bah, I bet you're all about 32:smirk:

Anyway, I agree about bringing kids through, but Bale is a major exception. I wasn't converted until mid-way through last season... thought he was just a very pacy and effective winger, but he's a lot more than that. I find his progress spookily reminscent of Ronaldo's at that age, which is more than enough to persuade me!

RedRover

Why, in any way, would Real Madrid be 'embarassed' for doing what lands them their man damn near every time? It's pretty much a perfect tactic if works time and time and time again and is in no need of modification on their part.
They may not be - but they should be.

If this comes off for them, perhaps its paid off. But its a shocking way to go on.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky

Anyway, I agree about bringing kids through, but Bale is a major exception. I wasn't converted until mid-way through last season... thought he was just a very pacy and effective winger, but he's a lot more than that. I find his progress spookily reminscent of Ronaldo's at that age, which is more than enough to persuade me!

Bringing kids through is all well and good if they are good enough. Even then you still need spriklings of magic where required to keep a top top side. I'd liken a Bale transfer to that of Cantona, RVP, Rio and others. We keep a young inhouse spine of players but supplement with true class.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Until the sweet sweet embrace of the grave, My 13 year old niece recently asked me if its true that men generally die younger than women and why.........I replied because we want to.
We are generally more tired out than women. In my case, I have just had too many crazy ones.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

Close enough :) Hes a very good player granted, Id be interested to see his goal tally and what he could do if he was stopped shooting every single time he gets the ball though :)

Irwinwastheking

We are. Though not so classlessly... we haven't wheeled out every player and club official over the course of the last few months to bang on about how much we want him.

I know we seems to be a little more subtle, but we are still publicly announcing our bids to fuel the media frenzy and hopefully put pressure on Barca or the player. Just because we're not as obvious doesn't make us any better.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Easier said than done though. I seem to remember a certain Portuguese lad not being averse to a shot or two...
Granted......it would be nice to have another Welshman about the place I suppose, although any contract should include a mandatory 2 week fine for EVERY time he does that nancy little heart celebration thing........:lol:

Sir A1ex

I know we seems to be a little more subtle, but we are still publicly announcing our bids to fuel the media frenzy and hopefully put pressure on Barca or the player. Just because we're not as obvious doesn't make us any better.
This is what I don't get though. The private side of tapping up will always happen anyway, so it's pointless to try and ban it.

The public side is annoying, but I don't think it really achieves much. What player is sat there reading the papers / twitter to try and gauge an opinion of whether a move is a good idea? "It says here that Mourinho thinks I'd be a great addition to his team. Forget the private conversation I've already had with him, I'm sold now!"

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Madrid do what they need to do, whining about their modus operandi smacks of Rawkish whiney behaviour. They usually always get their man, fair play to them. But is Bale worth that much money... i'm a big fan but for me £80m prices are reserved for Messi/Ronaldo. He's worth £60m max in the current market... I'd rather see Madrid blow their budget and we nick some players off em. But if we could get a swap deal for Bale involving Rooney then that would be great, but its not going to happen... no way Rooney would go to spurs, his heart is set on Chelsea.

Member 39557

Granted......it would be nice to have another Welshman about the place I suppose, although any contract should include a mandatory 2 week fine for EVERY time he does that nancy little heart celebration thing........:lol:
True, I think that would make me die a little inside every time he does it in a united shirt.

Sir A1ex

any contract should include a mandatory 2 week fine for EVERY time he does that nancy little heart celebration thing........:lol:
Oh, that gets banned STRAIGHT AWAY.

I'm already going off the idea of signing Fabregas because of those photos the BBC keep using of him doing some stupid hand gesture.

Next thing we'll be signing players who suck their thumb when they score.

Member 39557

This is what I don't get though. The private side of tapping up will always happen anyway, so it's pointless to try and ban it.

The public side is annoying, but I don't think it really achieves much. What player is sat there reading the papers / twitter to try and gauge an opinion of whether a move is a good idea? "It says here that Mourinho thinks I'd be a great addition to his team. Forget the private conversation I've already had with him, I'm sold now!"
Because all the media outlets report on it and it gives the pending transfer momentum. The club and manager get asked about it and are forced to confirm/deny things and it creates pressure.

humdinger

I can cope with the heart celebration but he must be forbidden from ever wearing a hair clip again.

Sir A1ex

no way Rooney would go to spurs, his heart is set on Chelsea.
And you know this how?

If his problem really is that he doesn't like the competition for places / being played out of position, then Spurs should be a great option for him. Chelsea will always have a stream of other superstars to foil Wayne's best laid plans. Why not become a BF in a SP if that's what you really want, scouse lad?

Irwinwastheking

Oh, that gets banned STRAIGHT AWAY.

I'm already going off the idea of signing Fabregas because of those photos the BBC keep using of him doing some stupid hand gesture.

Next thing we'll be signing players who suck their thumb when they score.

Tevez and his babies dummy.

Sir A1ex

Because all the media outlets report on it and it gives the pending transfer momentum. The club and manager get asked about it and are forced to confirm/deny things and it creates pressure.
Yeah, but does it, really? At the end of the day, every player, manager, agent and club official has their own interests, they will thrash them out and see if a deal becomes tenable. I don't see where this "pressure" comes into the equation, and I don't see how the media bollocks effects anybody other than the fans.

Godfather

If we ever want him to play for us we have to go in for him now. If he's gone to Madrid there's not much chance we will ever get him

Member 39557

Yeah, but does it, really? At the end of the day, every player, manager, agent and club official has their own interests, they will thrash them out and see if a deal becomes tenable. I don't see where this "pressure" comes into the equation, and I don't see how the media bollocks effects anybody other than the fans.
Would moyes have faced so many Rooney questions if Mourinho hadn't publicly declared interest? Would moyes have then not made the comment about Rooney being back-up to RVP which led to the stories about Rooney's anger and confusion? It certainly pressurises the situation.

Sir A1ex

Would moyes have faced so many Rooney questions if Mourinho hadn't publicly declared interest? Would moyes have then not made the comment about Rooney being back-up to RVP which led to the stories about Rooney's anger and confusion? It certainly pressurises the situation.
From the outside, yes. But in the cold light of day, how does this apparent pressure have any outcome on a deal being done? Either Rooney wants to go or he doesn't. Either we're happy to sell at a certain price or we're not. Either Chelsea will pay a certain amount or they won't. I don't see any party changing these carefully planned decisions based on what somebody has said to the media.

DM: "I don't think we should sell Rooney for less than £40m"
EWWW: "Hmm, OK, but Mourinho has said he's his number one target and he'd be a great addition to his team"
DM (a little shakily): "Ok, but we need to get at least £35m"
EWWW: "But the Sun says that Wayne is confused and Angry"
DM (now visibly sweating): "Oh crap, let's see if we can get £30m, eh?"
EWWW: "It's worse than you think, David. Chelsea have confirmed to various media outlets that they made a cash bid"
DM: "I can't take it any more, Eddie... just sell him, never mind the price!"

Bebe

Isn't all the stuff today from the Marca article? Which means its blatantly not true and Real Madrid want to unsettle him. That's what Marca do.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People are pissing their pants because Marca say Madrid are going to spend 100M Euros?.

Do me a favour :lol:

Member 39557

From the outside, yes. But in the cold light of day, how does this apparent pressure have any outcome on a deal being done? Either Rooney wants to go or he doesn't. Either we're happy to sell at a certain price or we're not. Either Chelsea will pay a certain amount or they won't. I don't see any party changing these carefully planned decisions based on what somebody has said to the media.

DM: "I don't think we should sell Rooney for less than £40m"
EWWW: "Hmm, OK, but Mourinho has said he's his number one target and he'd be a great addition to his team"
DM (a little shakily): "Ok, but we need to get at least £35m"
EWWW: "But the Sun says that Wayne is confused and Angry"
DM (now visibly sweating): "Oh crap, let's see
if we can get £30m, eh?"
EWWW: "It's worse than you think, David. Chelsea have confirmed to various media outlets that they made a cash bid"
DM: "I can't take it any more, Eddie... just sell him, never mind the price!"
Well, it can certainly make Moyes look weak in the eyes of the fans, make it look like Rooney's a bastard or make it look like moyes forced Rooney out. The media can spin it either way and then you could end up with Moyes or Rooney being booed and jeered by certain sections of the support. The club will be aware of this, and might be forced to act more hastily or slightly differently than they would if it was behind closed doors.

Certain fans were getting on Fergies back over a c*nt like Tevez, so I wouldn't expect those sort of supporters to do Moyes any favours.

All sideways speculation anyway, best get back to Bale speculation, which is the topic in hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.