Gareth Bale Transfer Speculation | Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I don't see where this "pressure" comes into the equation, and I don't see how the media bollocks effects anybody other than the fans.
Couldn't you say the same thing about the infamous "mind games" the press talk about every season? It always strikes me that their significance must be overplayed compared to the millions of other things that make up a successful title challenge, yet many managers seem to genuinely believe it gives them an edge.

Anyway, back on topic, I think the constant media speculation probably does create an air of frustration and disharmony around the club that might lead to us being more willing to sell. If you read through the Rooney thread you see more and more people saying they're getting more and more sick of this story as each fresh wave of speculation arrives, saying it'll be better if he goes. Could a similar feeling not be created within the club?

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
His departure is a big loss for the Premier League but Levy was never going to sell him to an English club for anything less than a scandalous amout of money.

Member 39557

His departure is a big loss for the Pemier League but Levy was never going to sell him to an English club for anything less than a scandalous amout of money.
You're speaking as if it's already happened. And Levy wouldn't sell him to anybody for less than a scandalous amount.

Bestie07

His departure is a big loss for the Pemier League but Levy was never going to sell him to an English club for anything less than a scandalous amout of money.
So we are ready to suffer a dip in our revenues from the TV revenue so that the other teams get more cash so that the quality of league is high. Now, to repay us for our kindness we get a massive f*** you from one of those teams who are benefiting massively because of the same arrangement, and that team refuses to sell us the player even if that means reducing the overall quality of the league. This seems like a lose-lose arrangement for us. Keep in mind Spurs are not in direct competition with us.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Sounds like Madrid really ramping up their unsettling games.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
His departure is a big loss for the Premier League but Levy was never going to sell him to an English club for anything less than a scandalous amout of money.
What departure? The whole Marca BS is just par for the course for them - it's about the 3rd or 4th time already that they've claimed a 'done deal', or 'Bale in secret talks' or some such nonsense. It's all just hysteria and pure invention designed to keep the punters excited and advertisers happy ... don't you get this yet?

Bale to RM (or anywhere else) just isn't going to happen this summer.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
And you know this how?

If his problem really is that he doesn't like the competition for places / being played out of position, then Spurs should be a great option for him. Chelsea will always have a stream of other superstars to foil Wayne's best laid plans. Why not become a BF in a SP if that's what you really want, scouse lad?

He wants to be one of the best players in the world and playing in the Champions League, as well as getting paid shit loads. Spurs is not a viable option, he is 27 and at the supposed peak of his career... he'd be laughed at if he went to Spurs.

Member 39557

He wants to be one of the best players in the world and playing in the Champions League, as well as getting paid shit loads. Spurs is not a viable option, he is 27 and at the supposed peak of his career... he'd be laughed at if he went to Spurs.
I don't think Rooney would go to Spurs either, but their fans would probably worship him after putting up with Adebayor!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
They may not be - but they should be.

If this comes off for them, perhaps its paid off. But its a shocking way to go on.
Real Madrid are their own myopic little bubble of superiority and arrogance. They have no regard for the footballing world at large and believe it to be a stage from which they can play out their own soap opera every summer to appease their fans and their own egos.

In the greater footballing world, Real Madrid know nothing of shame as their sole concern is their own appeasement and they will do anyone over to meet those ends in any which way they can.

As far as their own agenda is concerned, they do a splendid job beings as they get who they want 9 times out of 10.

Sir A1ex

Bale to RM (or anywhere else) just isn't going to happen this summer.
What you say about what the papers do is totally true, and there's every chance that this is just the same bullshit again. But I wouldn't be quite so cock-sure if I were you... there's a chance you could end up a very disappointed man.

Sir A1ex

Couldn't you say the same thing about the infamous "mind games" the press talk about every season? It always strikes me that their significance must be overplayed compared to the millions of other things that make up a successful title challenge, yet many managers seem to genuinely believe it gives them an edge.
I would indeed say the same about mind games (and have done), but there's a little more sense in them. Peak performance on the pitch is down to a lot of factors that are hard to control, mind-set being a big one of them... sports psychologists aren't rife in the game for nothing. So perhaps you can win some marginal games by what you say about opposition etc before a match.
But a transfer deal is a cold business deal, intricately executed with weeks of planning. You don't just bottle it because somebody got inside your head!

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
What you say about what the papers do is totally true, and there's every chance that this is just the same bullshit again. But I wouldn't be quite so cock-sure if I were you... there's a chance you could end up a very disappointed man.
Ha, even if Spurs sell this one will be around to crow about it being a stroke of genius by Levy.
Levy really showed that genius last season....

RedRover

Real Madrid are their own myopic little bubble of superiority and arrogance. They have no regard for the footballing world at large and believe it to be a stage from which they can play out their own soap opera every summer to appease their fans and their own egos.

In the greater footballing world, Real Madrid know nothing of shame as their sole concern is their own appeasement and they will do anyone over to meet those ends in any which way they can.

As far as their own agenda is concerned, they do a splendid job beings as they get who they want 9 times out of 10.
A fair comment.

The joke of it is they seem to know best how to push their self destruct button. Great manager in charge over the last few years - certainly an ego, but a man who's record stands up to scrutiny at the very highest level. He came to the club heralded as the savior and talk was that the dressing room clique would be banished and the club would back the manager to make the changes neccessary to take the club forward.

As it was nothing changed - firmer club men with no coaching pedigree making comments and certain players allowed to run amok. The cycle then starts all over again - signing top players to appease the fans year after year - but no real sustained success or progress.

They may get Bale - the suggestion now seems to be in the media that he is a "boyhood Real fan" - utter garbage no doubt, but they'll no doubt have offered him a shed load of cash. If I were a young player, once you get past the razzle dazzle and shiny lights of it is that a move to Madrid isnt always the best career option long term. I guess we'll see how this pans out

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Tottenham fan at work would have to revise his view that they're coming top 3 this year and above us.

He does speak some genius though, reckons Rooney and Nani are toilet, and that Anderton was better than Beckham!

20solskjaer

That statement from AVB doesn't sound convincing at all.
Im presuming its the same one i saw on SSN about an hour or so ago, that was the first thought i had while watching it, it was the whole 'he picked up a knock in training and wont be playing tomorrow' that got me wondering, the whole time his eyes were all over the place, no eye contact with anyone in the room or anything

I reckon a body language/behavourial expert would have a field day with it

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Ronaldo and Bale in the same team would be frightening.

Hal9000

Personally think they would clash. Bale is basically Ronaldo without the tricks.

dev1l

Personally think they would clash. Bale is basically Ronaldo without the tricks.
Same here ...one of them will have to "sacrifice himself" for the other. And frankly I cannot see Ronnie doing that..

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Bollocks. Let the two of them and one other fast forward play upfront without fixed positions and just let them do their shit.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
IF madrid truly are going to bid anything near £80M there is no way they can reject it.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
According to Miguel Delaney Bale favours a move to Real.

Would be surprised and worried if true. Really thought he would look at being Giggs replacement for us

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's not worth nearly that much. It would be insane.
Exactly, hes a class player and no doubt I would love him at O.T, but he is not in the same level Ronaldo was.£60M is more than a fair fee, but prices have just gone stupid recently.

But hey if Madrid want to spunk that what can you do?, Tottenham must be rubbing their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.