Gareth Bale Transfer Speculation | Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
I wouldn't worry about it. There's no chance for RM either ... which is why Marca is getting increasingly hysterical about things.
I hope he doesn't, I look forward to seeing his goals next season. Providing they are against City, Chelsea and the Rehabilitators.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If we somehow pulled the rabbit out of the hat and signed Bale, we would waltz the league title this year and probably for a few to come. Personally, I reckon he will fancy a crack at the PL title before going abroad, I genuinely think if the same deal was put on the table from us and Madrid, he would choose us.
I don't think we'd walk the league with Bale in the squad at all. We'd be much more likely to win it than without him but City with all the new players and a top manager will be a threat, as will be Chelsea with Mourinho although the lack of inspired signings makes me think they might not do so well at all next season.

Madrid are the only club capable of signing Bale this Summer and since they've not done it yet they probably don't care all that much about him. He'll stay with Spurs for one more season before getting a deserved move to a big club.

walsh

I don't think we'd walk the league with Bale in the squad at all. We'd be much more likely to win it than without him but City with all the new players and a top manager will be a threat, as will be Chelsea with Mourinho although the lack of inspired signings makes me think they might not do so well at all next season.
I really think he's that good though, between him and van Persie, I genuinely think we'd be almost unstoppable. Throw in a midfielder as well and my god, we'd be even better than in 2008.

Bape

Madrid are the only club capable of signing Bale this Summer and since they've not done it yet they probably don't care all that much about him. He'll stay with Spurs for one more season before getting a deserved move to a big club.

If we won't walk the league with Bale, what do you consider our chances of retaining without him? Or even better, if we don't make any major acquisitions this summer, are we a complete write off for the title this season? I think you're underestimating our team, we were champions quite comfortably for a reason last season. Of course not strengthening at all is far from wise, but any sensible acquisition should put us in a good position to challenge, and we should rightly be strong favourites with a marquee signing i.e. Bale/Ronaldo

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Bale has had one good season. He did nothing to deserve his first PFA, it was a campaign driven by the British media because of his performance against a shambolic Inter side, in a game Spurs lost anyway. 50 million is his realistic worth. 60-100 is fecking madness. Same thing with Suarez. Ronaldo will go down in the top 10 best players ever. If anything 80 million was a rip off. Bale isn't even in the top 5 currently playing.

roseguy64

Bale has had one good season. He did nothing to deserve his first PFA, it was a campaign driven by the British media because of his performance against a shambolic Inter side, in a game Spurs lost anyway. 50 million is his realistic worth. 60-100 is fecking madness. Same thing with Suarez. Ronaldo will go down in the top 10 best players ever. If anything 80 million was a rip off. Bale isn't even in the top 5 currently playing.
That's a bit not true. His first great season would be a better choice of words. It's not like before last season he was average.

Kaos

We really should have signed the fecker years ago for £10million, he was an Arsenal fan who's idol was Ryan Giggs - how Spurs beat him to us :mad:

dmode

This situation is quite simple to me: Manchester United is trying to get Bale only to lure Real Madrid into the race. Bale going to Real Madrid would be them "offloading" Ronaldo to us. There are no indications whatsoever about Ronaldo leaving Real Madrid. So it'll surely result in a deadlock, I hope I am wrong ;)

RedRover

I cant believe people still bang on like this.

Bale is, like any other player, worth what a buyer is prepared to pay. Ronaldo went for a massive fee - and he's proved to be worth every penny of it. And you cant say that Bale won't prove to be just as good or even a better player than Ronaldo in the long run.

Most importantly, the economics of these deals are simple. If Real Madrid (or any other club) are prepared to pay huge sums its because they think the player is a) talented and b) hugely marketable. At the time of Ronaldo and Kaka deals I watched something on TV about it - the money they pay out is made back in endorsements and shirt sales.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If we won't walk the league with Bale, what do you consider our chances of retaining without him? Or even better, if we don't make any major acquisitions this summer, are we a complete write off for the title this season? I think you're underestimating our team, we were champions quite comfortably for a reason last season. Of course not strengthening at all is far from wise, but any sensible acquisition should put us in a good position to challenge, and we should rightly be strong favourites with a marquee signing i.e. Bale/Ronaldo
I think we are favourites for the title even without Bale but walking the league as strong as PL is difficult, we did it last year but we were faultless and very lucky in plenty of games plus City basically gave up halfway through. City with Pellegrini and Chelsea with Mourinho will provide a much bigger challenge so even if we signed Bale I'd not be 100% sure that we'd win it.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
If you want some more evidence that Bale is staying at Spurs:

"Asked if Spurs can reach the Champions League, Bale told Match of the Day magazine: 'Definitely. We all believe we can get into the Champions League otherwise there's not point being here. It's just a matter of going out there and proving everyone we can. We're all looking forward to the season, hopefully we can improve on last season.'

One signing Spurs have already made is Paulinho, a £17million arrival from Corinthians that is exciting his new team-mate. Bale said: 'I saw him in the Confederations Cup and he looked a good strong player. I'm sure he'll be a great addition to the squad. And he'll give us a little bit more.'"

"We" this and "us" that. As I said many weeks ago, Bale has bought into the AVB project.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...y-snub-80m-Madrid-Spurs-Champions-League.html

Dominos

I agree he's not going anywhere this summer Glaston, because Levy just wont sell. Those quotes mean nothing though, he's still a Tottenham player afterall and giving an interview asking about Tottenham next season, is he really going to say "yeah, they have a decent chance of improving on last season and getting CL football".. Of course he says "we"... The idea he's desperate to stay because of AVB's project is farfetched I imagine, as if Madrid had an offer accepted he'd say "I really want to stay, I'm really excited about the prospect of (hopefully) sneaking 4th place next season and then building on that.."

I hope someone has the quotes of you promising he's either signed a new contract or is going to.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

"Asked if Spurs can reach the Champions League, Bale told Match of the Day magazine: 'Definitely. We all believe we can get into the Champions League otherwise there's not point being here. It's just a matter of going out there and proving everyone we can. We're all looking forward to the season, hopefully we can improve on last season.'

One signing Spurs have already made is Paulinho, a £17million arrival from Corinthians that is exciting his new team-mate. Bale said: 'I saw him in the Confederations Cup and he looked a good strong player. I'm sure he'll be a great addition to the squad. And he'll give us a little bit more.'"

"We" this and "us" that. As I said many weeks ago, Bale has bought into the AVB project.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...y-snub-80m-Madrid-Spurs-Champions-League.html

:lol:

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."

Have to agree with Rams :lol:

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
It's still utterly crazy how a few years ago Bale was in complete mare mode. I think it was something like 20 games without a win when he started for Tottenham (at LB).
Look how far and how quickly he has come.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
I cant believe people still bang on like this.

Bale is, like any other player, worth what a buyer is prepared to pay. Ronaldo went for a massive fee - and he's proved to be worth every penny of it. And you cant say that Bale won't prove to be just as good or even a better player than Ronaldo in the long run.

Most importantly, the economics of these deals are simple. If Real Madrid (or any other club) are prepared to pay huge sums its because they think the player is a) talented and b) hugely marketable. At the time of Ronaldo and Kaka deals I watched something on TV about it - the money they pay out is made back in endorsements and shirt sales.

You can't say RR, you are right. But in all likelyhood he won't reach Ronnie levels. That's no insult though because Ronnie is one of the GOAT players already and Bale is and will continue to be a world class talent.

Someone

Something
It's still utterly crazy how a few years ago Bale was in complete mare mode. I think it was something like 20 games without a win when he started for Tottenham (at LB).
Look how far and how quickly he has come.

Absolutely, we shouldn't give up on bebe just yet.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
We really should have signed the fecker years ago for £10million, he was an Arsenal fan who's idol was Ryan Giggs - how Spurs beat him to us :mad:
Spurs got him because Rupert Lowe (Chairman of Southampton back then) refused to sell Bale to us & Spurs were his other option. Bale's hero was Giggsy alright, which i was surprised he didnt force through a move to us..

I knew we'd end up payin a shitload somewhere down the line if he realised his potential.. Just hope we're in for him & he's open to a move to OT...

CallyRed

Sky Sports News reporting that Spurs are in talks with Bale over a new contract, according to AVB that is.

Hal9000

They're going to pull the Modric trick. Get him to sign a new contract on the promise that he'll be allowed to leave in X amount of time. Reign on that promise when the time comes.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Giggs to retire next year, and Bale to take the 11 shirt.

Shark

@NotShark

:lol:

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF

When did every single football club with a new manager become a project?

The MCFC project, The PSG project..

RedRover

When did every single football club with a new manager become a project?

The MCFC project, The PSG project..
It would make more sense if clubs actually gave a manager a chance of completing said project.

It usually starts with "We have a three year plan..." only for the gaffer to be sacked eigtheen months later following a disasterous run of three defeats.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
That paragraph just shows what we've all known all Summer. Bale is quite clearly very happy at Spurs and won't be trying to force a move anywhere. It doesn't mean he won't leave should Madrid genuinely table silly money for him and Levy accepts it though.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
AS don't think Bale wants to leave England, at least not yet. His wife and their new baby (is he actually Prince William, I mean there's the Wales connection and stuff - still, I digress) aren't ready to pack their bags and move abroad. They think if Bale moves this summer, United are a more likely destination - if Bale moves this summer.

Marca, who know even less than AS as a rule, just think Bale is a nice shiny new toy, possibly the shiniest currently almost available, and want him for their Christmas Tree.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Spurs are going to have to offer him an obscene amount of money for him. Reckon he'll be high up within the top dogs list.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Come again?

Well technically you can't. There is no way of knowing if Bale will continue on his incredible improvement in the next few years. If he gets a proper go up front or starts to find himself in the box for tap ins, what's to say he won't start scoring insane amount of goals? Ronaldo went from 23 goals in a season to 42. Last season Bale got 26, whats to say he won't improve like Ronaldo did?

For what it is worth I don't think he will but it is silly to assume that he doesn't have the potential, given how much he has improved and how much he appears to want to improve.

Sir A1ex

I think it was something like 20 games without a win when he started for Tottenham (at LB).
That was basically freak coincidence though, not much to do with Bale. Like how somebody dies every time Ramsey scores a goal.

Not to say Bale was anything like the player he is now back then. Looked fairly ordinary, just very fast iirc.

Spider

Bringer of old news
If there was an equal bid from both UNITED and MADRID and an equal salary package offered to Bale, where team do you guys think GARTEH BALE would chose to go to?? Any thoughts...??

Mainoldo

If there was an equal bid from both UNITED and MADRID and an equal salary package offered to Bale, where team do you guys think GARTEH BALE would chose to go to?? Any thoughts...??
102% United with a 2% margin for error.

Status
Not open for further replies.