Gareth Bale Transfer Speculation | Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
I reckon we should shove in a £90m bid if Spurs decide they're going to accept. Not to sign him. Just to piss of Madrid so that they then need to up it to £95m.
Trouble is, we might end up with him and I wouldn't want him for 90m. About half of that is his true value.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Exactly so, which is why Spurs offered the manager's job to AVB and not Moyes.
Ping.... there goes another rib. What a true performer, have you ever considered stand-up?

Moyes was only ever going to leave Everton to a club he considered an upgrade and a challenge. Spurs is neither.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Like I said, I started then stopped. Anybody that follows the EPL, knows Moyes. Why do I have to write it down?

Because this is a forum. If you aren't here to discuss, why are you here? I think Moyes is a decent manager and I've thought so for more than 4 months which makes me one of his biggest supporters around here. But I also think Villas Boas is very good. And I think AVB's record makes him at the very least, worthy of comparison to Moyes.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Like I said, I started then stopped. Anybody that follows the EPL, knows Moyes. Why do I have to write it down?

Because he asked you what Moyes has accomplished and you created a diversion because Moyes hasn't won anything.

Simply saying that he was picked by Fergie doesn't cut it in a debate. I hope Fergie has gotten it right and I have faith in him, but you can't just use that to say he's better than AVB when Fergie made some mistakes in the transfer market himself. Of course, picking a manager is very different and a much bigger decision than your average transfer, but the point still stands. Simply saying "Fergie picked him" doesn't win you a debate over who's a better manager when Moyes is involved.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Because this is a forum. If you are aren't here to discuss, why are you here? I think Moyes is a decent manager and I've thought so for more than 4 months which makes me one of his biggest supporters around here. But I also think Villas Boas is very good. And I think AVB's record makes him at the very least, worthy of comparison to Moyes.
The beauty of a forum is that you are free to discuss whatever you want with whomever. I chose not to answer what Moyes has achieved when you can research that yourself. What you actually wanted was a conversation about titles and competitions. Moyes' achievements come in the form of keeping a very mediocre team from relegation and improving it beyond recognition. All of this with next to no money to spend.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
AVB has already failed at a big club, Moyes hasnt.... yet.

AVB never got a proper chance at a big club and was never going to succeed at Chelsea when the senior players in the dressing room turned against him as soon as he looked to phase some out. But that's a different debate for a different thread.

acnumber9

I've no need to enlighten you ... because I've not made any predictions yet concerning league finishes this coming season. You seem to have fallen prey to a common occurrence, namely believing the words that I have not spoken but which others have put in my mouth.
You've never claimed that the past has no impact on the future? You've never claimed each season starts with a clean slate? Bullshit.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Because he asked you what Moyes has accomplished and you created a diversion because Moyes hasn't won anything.

Simply saying that he was picked by Fergie doesn't cut it in a debate. I hope Fergie has gotten it right and I have faith in him, but you can't just use that to say he's better than AVB when Fergie made some mistakes in the transfer market himself. Of course, picking a manager is very different and a much bigger decision than your average transfer, but the point still stands. Simply saying "Fergie picked him" doesn't win you a debate over who's a better manager when Moyes is involved.
I am not attempting to debate or win the same. Additionally, I can say what I want.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
The beauty of a forum is that you are free to discuss whatever you want with whomever. I chose not to answer what Moyes has achieved when you can research that yourself. What you actually wanted was a conversation about titles and competitions. Moyes' achievements come in the form of keeping a very mediocre team from relegation and improving it beyond recognition. All of this with next to no money to spend.

I know what he has fecking accomplished because as I have already said, I rated him well before Manchester United hired him and this forum fell head over heels. I thought there was an interesting discussion to be had about the accomplishments of Villas Boas compared to those of Moyes but instead you seem to only be interested in saying "manudabest". As you say, you are free to discuss with whoever you want. I shall be exercising that right and not discussing anything with you any longer. Wanker.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Yeah you can, but if you're on a football forum then you're generally going to be debating football.
You may have read my post above, do I need to elaborate on league positions, budgets and results?

As a manager, I believe Moyes to be in a class of his own. I am sure this season will prove me right and seal the lips of a few nobheads.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
I know what he has fecking accomplished because as I have already said, I rated him well before Manchester United hired him and this forum fell head over heels. I thought there was an interesting discussion to be had about the accomplishments of Villas Boas compared to those of Moyes but instead you seem to only be interested in saying "manudabest". As you say, you are free to discuss with whoever you want. I shall be exercising that right and not discussing anything with you any longer. Wanker.
Now you see why I choose who I discuss things with.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
You may have read my post above, do I need to elaborate on league positions, budgets and results?

As a manager, I believe Moyes to be in a class of his own. I am sure this season will prove me right and seal the lips of a few nobheads.

No, you don't have to elaborate. Moyes has done incredibly well in the past and is clearly a very good manager. I don't think anyone's denying that. What Eboue was saying though was that AVB is successful himself (had an incredible season at Porto) and comparing them is perfectly reasonable. He asked you what Moyes has accomplished, and you basically ignored it.

I can understand Eboue's frustration as well when people suddenly change their opinion of Moyes from decent manager to brilliant one once he's appointed as our new boss. I hold high hopes for him and I rate him. I hope he does a great job here, but until he does he remains a manager who hasn't won anything and that's going to be held against him whether we like it or not.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Spurs should sell him to Madrid for £80m and then with Spurs fans drooling at what top players their will get with their new riches, they should buy Valencia.

Ash_G

Spurs should sell him to Madrid for £80m and then with Spurs fans drooling at what top players their will get with their new riches, they should buy Valencia.

Would be quite happy for them to take Young, preferably over Valencia.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
No, you don't have to elaborate. Moyes has done incredibly well in the past and is clearly a very good manager. I don't think anyone's denying that. What Eboue was saying though was that AVB is successful him (had an incredible season at Porto) and comparing them is perfectly reasonable. He asked you what Moyes has accomplished, and you basically ignored it.

I can understand Eboue's frustration as well when people suddenly change their opinion of Moyes from decent manager to brilliant one once he's appointed as our new boss. I hold high hopes for him and I rate him. I hope he does a great job here, but until he does he remains a manager who hasn't won anything and that's going to be held against him whether we like it or not.
For several years, I have hoped that Moyes would be the replacement. I subscribe to the idea that SAF picked him out several years ago. He is a true man manager, somebody that knows how to get the best out of players. Martin O'Neil has similar qualities and demonstrated this comprehensively whilst at Celtic.

Moyes is not all about spending big or playing mind games. Moyes is all about cohesion, the team player and above all pushing hard. I think his influence on the team will be massive.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Exactly so, which is why Spurs offered the manager's job to AVB and not Moyes.
Since when Spurs offering someone a job is a benchmark of their ability as a manager, Klopp doesn't count as a top manager because Spurs never offered him a job? That doesn't even make sense.

Sarni

For several years, I have hoped that Moyes would be the replacement. I subscribe to the idea that SAF picked him out several years ago. He is a true man manager, somebody that knows how to get the best out of players. Martin O'Neil has similar qualities and demonstrated this comprehensively whilst at Celtic.

Moyes is not all about spending big or playing mind games. Moyes is all about cohesion, the team player and above all pushing hard. I think his influence on the team will be massive.
O'Neill is a very limited manager.

Sarni

Villas Boas could well be a better manager than Moyes, he's much younger and has trophies to his name but Spurs picking him over Moyes proves feck all. Glaston will soon be telling us that Adebayor is better than van Persie because Spurs picked him.

alastair

ignorant
Villas Boas could well be a better manager than Moyes, he's much younger and has trophies to his name but Spurs picking him over Moyes proves feck all. Glaston will soon be telling us that Adebayor is better than van Persie because Spurs picked him.

I don't think it means nothing. The fact they chose AVB who had already failed at Chelsea just the year before over Moyes is actually very interesting. I'm not saying they were right to(time will tell) but interesting nonetheless.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
You've never claimed that the past has no impact on the future? You've never claimed each season starts with a clean slate? Bullshit.
The answers to your two questions are, respectively, "no" and "yes". Moreover, the answer to the 2nd question can only be "yes", unless one particular club has been given a points deduction at the season-start due to some prior rules infringement.

But none of this has anything whatsoever to do with (a) the fact that I've not yet made any league finish predictions for the coming season; and (b) your flimsy notion, which started this series of misdirected comments from you, that Spurs are likely to struggle to henceforth sign quality players if Bale is sold.

acnumber9

Since when Spurs offering someone a job is a benchmark of their ability as a manager, Klopp doesn't count as a top manager because Spurs never offered him a job? That doesn't even make sense.
Ramos is a better manager than Moyes too. And Martin Jol.

Sarni

I begged to differ. I was fortunate enough at a charity doo in Scotland to speak to his Celtic team and they would disagree totally with you.
Well perhaps, people often talk well about their boss but he left Villa in quite some shambles with his signings and mismanaged Sunderland terribly too. Getting the best out of players doesn't instantly make you a great manager, there are other things to consider. For example O'Neill had absolutely no clue that there was football played outside UK, he'd rather spend £9m on Reo Coker and £7m on Curtis Davies than look outside Premier League.

acnumber9

The answers to your two questions are, respectively, "no" and "yes". Moreover, the answer to the 2nd question can only be "yes", unless one particular club has been given a points deduction at the season-start due to some prior rules infringement.

But none of this has anything whatsoever to do with (a) the fact that I've not yet made any league finish predictions for the coming season; and (b) your flimsy notion, which started this series of misdirected comments from you, that Spurs are likely to struggle to henceforth sign quality players if Bale is sold.
You have said that Utd's previous history in being better than Spurs doesn't mean they will be in a coming season. Of course every time you've claimed it you've been wrong. I never said Spurs wouldn't attract quality players. Can you read?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

And I hope it will be too. But doing it with Everton and Man United is completely different. Plus, Martin O'Neil is a vastly overrated manager. But I'll leave all that for different threads since we're going way off topic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.