Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Fury

Imagine Bale comes in on something like 500k a week and it turns our to be another Sanchez situation :lol:

So no thanks. Think hes past it considering his age and injury record plus hes not played first team football for awhile. And wont be able to hit the ground running in the Premier League which is way harder than La Liga.

Dante

Average bang
I expect to hear A LOT about Bale coming to United in the next few days.

We're going to try and force Dortmund's hand by making it look like we're contemplating a different strategy for the right wing.

Dortmund are operating under the assumption that United are Sancho-or-nobody. That's why they feel comfortable asking for so much money.

I don't think we're actually considering buying Bale, mind you. It'll just be a negotiating tactic for the sake of appearances. He doesn't fit Ole's transfer model (in terms of age, motivation, injury history, personality). But even if this tactic doesn't work, it's still our best hope of getting some traction on Sancho. So it's worth a try.

croadyman

He did push for a move and almost got it last year only for the club to renege on its promise to let him leave for free. Having Bale for 1 year is not that bad of an option if its supplemented with a move for someone like Sarr. They can both split games on the right allowing Mason to rotate with Martial and James to rotate with Rashford on the left.
Well Cooper suggested something similar on SSN today so maybe you are onto something,however would think we have heard it from someone else too

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
We're going to try and force Dortmund's hand by making it look like we're contemplating a different strategy for the right wing.
Dortmund are operating under the assumption that United are Sancho-or-nobody. That's why they feel comfortable asking for so much money.
I don't think we're actually considering buying Bale, mind you. It'll just be a negotiating tactic for the sake of appearances. He doesn't fit Ole's transfer model (in terms of age, motivation, injury history, personality). But even if this tactic doesn't work, it's still our best hope of getting some traction on Sancho. So it's worth a try.
Thats also what I think. The decoy will go very far and I expect the twitter ITK's to be getting plenty of first hand information of genuine meetings and conversations between agents etc.
Of course some of the more gentle muppet souls wont be able to take it, so I also expect Sancho and Bale threads to be very volatile too :lol:

kitress

That's why it's a 1-year loan deal. Just like how Bayern got Perisic while waiting for Sane. And I dare say it's worked out beautifully for them.

I don't think this is a strategic play. Giggs is whispering in people's ears. This is gonna get real soon.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The level of stupidity required to sign unmotivated fecking crock is unfathomable but we will still manage it somehow.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
If we were to get linked with a return for Sanchez, this place would find reasons as to why it would be a good idea and justify it. The fickleness and inability to learn from some is astounding.

Honestly this place is simply ridiculous :lol:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The disrespect here is laughable. See, I dont like Bale and he has rejected us before. But let's not talk as if he is a pub player. There are so many things going behind the scenes between him and Madrid.

I would be very happy with loaning him on a reasonable wage.

With AWB behind him, he will thrive here. Could get Ronaldo numbers for us, if he can stay fit.
He couldn't do that in his prime before he was a crock. Definitely not doing it now.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The disrespect here is laughable. See, I dont like Bale and he has rejected us before. But let's not talk as if he is a pub player. There are so many things going behind the scenes between him and Madrid.

I would be very happy with loaning him on a reasonable wage.

With AWB behind him, he will thrive here. Could get Ronaldo numbers for us, if he can stay fit.
Ronaldo numbers? My arse.

432JuanMata

Will take him as a stop gap on loan for a season if the Sancho deal fails. Good to see we will only loan if we do get him a few years ago we would sign him wreck our wage budget and he be finished

SinNombre

If we were to get linked with a return for Sanchez, this place would find reasons as to why it would be a good idea and justify it. The fickleness and inability to learn from some is astounding.

Agreed.

We just need to be linked to Cavani and Coutinho and the mental gymnastics to justify those signings would be immense.

starman

Because even on loan we'd be spending a fortune on him in salaries and not to mention the likelihood of him being crap here. Dude is a retired golfer who has hardly play any competitive football the last 2 years and is injury prone to top it. Even a single loan year isn't worth it. Sanchez was crap for us from the get go, we didn't even manage to get a decent month of performance out of him and here we're talking a guy who actually still wants to play football and succeed.

The chances of Bale being a downright flop like Sanchez are also pretty high due to several factors ranging from his fitness issues, to him not actually being a top level footballer he was some years ago like some seem to believe, hasn't played much football in almost 2 years, has lost pace which was his main weapon in in his prime. That's without even mentioning that his presence could cause disharmony in the squad. Why should any of our top performers be content watching Bale cash in the most dough when he'd likely be sitting on a treatment table and golfing for most of the season.
This post is just full of fallacies.
You are making the assumption that United are going to be paying a large portion of his wages.
Take Sanchez for example, to get him to go on loan to Inter, United had to still pay 70% of his wages, why can't that be the same for Real if they want rid like United wanted with Sanchez.
This whole retired golfer thing is tiring and bollocks, drummed up by Spanish press that easy manipulated people latch onto. Has he skipped training to play golf? when he gets called up to Wales does he rather play golf as well? You are making him out as some kind of diva, again a narrative dicated by the Spanish press due to Zidane not playing him.

The biggest issue surrounding him is injuries, if he can stay fit, he's a world class player that is a difference maker, and worth a years loan if terms are favourable. The rewards outweigh the risk, imo.

SwedishFish

If we sign him we might as well fecking give up. The man is a fecking crock and hasn't been good for years.

I'd rather not get anyone than Bale.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

I dreamt we somehow did this the other weekend. Was not a happy morning for a moment! :lol:

croadyman

Bale, Bruno, Pogba ,Van De Beek, Martial, Rashford,Greenwood.

Time we add some experience in to our line up if we want to be useful in the CL. A under 25 front 3 isnt doing us anything in the CL all by it self.
Yeah he has proven time and again in the champions league what he can do and could help instill that european winning mentality to this team.

No doubt Ole will be having with a chat with Giggsy about how we was around the Welsh camp recently and that will be the deciding factor I reckon

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
One issue could be the time he has spent away from the Premier League. It's been more than 7 years already... will he be able to adapt to it again ?
Itll still be better than playing rashford/martial/greenwood constantly until they suffer a big injury. We don't have numbers in attack, and that's harmful to the actual well being of our players as they'll just break down given the schedule.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He couldn't do that in his prime before he was a crock. Definitely not doing it now.
His goal scoring seasons gave us 17,31 and 18 PL goals. A fit Bale would easily give us that numbers again.

Martial had his best season for us excluding penalties. Even if he has taken half of the penalties, he would be on 25 +.

Andersonson

It's this year or never for Sancho. More attractive options will go for him next summer. United won't finish top 4 if they don't significantly strengthen the side before the window shuts. And as that looks unlikely to happen we can forget about Sancho.
I don't think this transfer is based on wether we finish top 4 or not. Thats a far to easy way to look at things. If Sancho doesnt want to come because we missed out on champions league he aint the right fit anyway.

I think he wants to come because he likes the project and the club. And I think with Bale on loan or someone else that is good cover we can finish top 4 again.

Nori-

Im really not that disheartened by the idea of Bale joining on a loan for a year. Maybe he will want to prove a point to Madrid and have a excellent season with us.

Only issue with that is if he is a stop gap and we go for Sancho next season, who's to say we then have 2 others teams in for him and we end up paying what we could have paid this summer (He will have 2 years left on his contract next year)

liamp

I'll never understand the people who say "if he can stay fit" when he's missed between 9-19 games every season for the past 3 seasons and then a whopping 27 games 4 seasons ago.

The most important ability is availability and Bale has demonstrated he cannot be trusted. I actually tend to agree that there's probably still a great player in there somewhere but to take on someone with his injury history, even on a loan with reduced wages, is not a wise idea.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's like 2012 and 2013 combined, linked with Bale, Thiago and attacker from Dortmund.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If we leave sancho till next summer we are going to miss out on haaland and Mbappe which could be even worse. If they are serious about getting us back competing they can do it for a few hundred million on the right talent with a decently planned recruitment drive over a few windows. One last push get Sancho in and everything looks rosy for the future with us being able to consistently attract the best players on the market and they drop the ball yet again. I give up!

murali_red

I think taking Bale on loan is the only option now, but with Real paying his major wages. Don't want Bale to feel like prima dona here, needs to earn his place.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Maybe it's Spurs who are interested in signing him.

Myrecks

love all the people who are saying he doesn't fit Ole project, when obviously Ole has given the go ahead on possibly getting him in on a loan and taking the chance.

DeeDee7

Nothing with media legs comes to fruition. I dont want bale. But i don't think any of these rumour mill players are even in our sights. Whether there is incomings or not this window, It will be well disguised.

hobbers

Spurs will never in a million years be able to negotiate even half of his wage demands.

Mindhunter

I don’t want a demotivated Bale anywhere near our young players. He is probably the worst influence on them right now and it won’t be worth a few goals he scores when he plays. The culture will descend back to the Schweinsteiger days is apathy. This group of players are just beginning to look like a team, throw a Bale in there and undo all the good things that happened culturally since Jose left.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I’d take him on a loan with Madrid paying the majority of his wages if we can’t get Sancho. I’d rather Bale on our right wing than Lingard or Mata it Pereira until Sancho comes. Greenwood won’t be able to play every game.

Squeaky Bumtime

I don’t want a demotivated Bale anywhere near our young players. He is probably the worst influence on them right now and it won’t be worth a few goals he scores when he plays. The culture will descend back to the Schweinsteiger days is apathy. This group of players are just beginning to look like a team, throw a Bale in there and undo all the good things that happened culturally since Jose left.
This a 100 times. All the good work done up until now will go to the toilet.

Dan_F

If he can prove he’s fit, committed and Real will pay half the wages, it makes complete sense.

I haven’t really read any of the stuff written about him to make a logical argument about his motivation, but I also wouldn’t trust any of the Madrid based newspapers.

I'll never understand the people who say "if he can stay fit" when he's missed between 9-19 games every season for the past 3 seasons and then a whopping 27 games 4 seasons ago.

The most important ability is availability and Bale has demonstrated he cannot be trusted. I actually tend to agree that there's probably still a great player in there somewhere but to take on someone with his injury history, even on a loan with reduced wages, is not a wise idea.
Yet played 250 games in 7 years.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If we show interest, there is no way Madrid won't ask us to cover most of his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.