Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Conversely with the Reguilon transfer, it looks like Spurs are being used to get us to strike a deal.
I actually think Bale to Spurs will happen. Especially after the way they lost their first game.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Difference is Ighalo was a boyhood United fan, dreamed of playing for us (genuinely wanted to be here) and is on nowhere near the wages Bale is on. Bale turned us down a number of times in the past and is on exorbitant wages. There'd be the sense with him that he never wanted to be here and the wages would end up pissing off a number of people in the dressing room a la Sanchez. Wouldn't say Ighalo and Bale are comparable at all.

I agree.
Completely agree with everything. When he signs for someone else he will go back to being past it and made of glass no doubt.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Levy will probably get an extremely good deal from Real Madrid because Zidane wants to get rid of Bale badly. Man Utd probably is the smoke screen to get Levy up his offer, not the other way around.

Chairman Steve

The only way I will accept this happening is the hypothetical scenario that he comes instead of Sancho, but we use the money that was for Sancho on other areas of the team like get Thiago, Reguilon and Upamecano. At least plug the other weak points then defer the big weak point another.

If it’s just Bale and nothing else, then feck that.

But I don’t think Bale is coming here. If Utd didnt want Dybala last year for the reasons they gave then they’re certainly not going to want Bale.

Red Daz

Feck sake, another one bites the dust, this Fecking window is causing me undue stress :lol:

clarkydaz

Would be the most Mourinho type of signing you could make. Remember Gareth, you will be expected to play injured

Reiver

I'm quite torn on this. Part of me thinks why should we do Bale and Madrid any favours.
On the other hand, it could turn out to be an amazing signing. Youd hope he would be fresh and motivated to show hes more than a golfer nowadays.
I think it's high risk though - what are the chances we would look back and think he'd been an amazing signing. We would also need to contribute a fair chunk of his wages.
Overall, I feel his opportunity with us has been and gone. Probably best to leave well alone.

el3mel

On his day he's still a good player, but he doesn't seem to be interested that much in the sport anymore and his injury record is terrible. Overall don't really know, either he'll out of nowhere rediscover his joy for the sport or it'll be Spurs version of Sanchez signing.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Be really interesting to see him back at Spurs - you’d think if there were any club that he might raise his motivation again to play football then it’d be Spurs, but even with that it’s a risk.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The fans, manager, and owner wants him in spurs, and he will make the same salary as before. Why would he choose any other club other than spurs?
Be really interesting to see him back at Spurs - you’d think if there were any club that he might raise his motivation again to play football then it’d be Spurs, but even with that it’s a risk.
I expect to see performance and motivation similar to James from Bale.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Can Spurs cover his salary without crippling the club?

Also, isn't moving to Spurs a backward step considering he's played there already?
Ive no idea - I didnt think it could be possible but it seems that he has dropped his wage demands a bit and RM are paying half so its suddenly doable.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
So Bale is transferring one injury room for another? I'm pretty sure all he's got to do is look at the pitch and he'll be injured.
Still, i'm really glad we're not going for him, i don't think his head or heart is in football at the moment, and it's going to take more than moving back to Spurs to get him back to his best in my opinion. I'm thinking he's probably past it now.

Stretender

I am happy for Gareth Bale to be back playing football. Top player during his pomp. Just Glad it's not United bailing out Madrid on those silly wages.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Kind of hope he does really well at Spurs.

I think he could’ve been a fantastic option for us on a loan deal

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Bale and James are too good to sit on bench. Happy to see them play in EPL this season. It is good for both the fans and EPL marketing.

Wayne's World

I'm delighted he's coming back to the league. Actually loved watching him at Spurs and he's far too good of a footballer to be on a bench at Madrid

If you get him back to a level which he was at, you will still have one of the best players in the league

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He'll make mince-meat out of the PL defenders again. People forget his quality. He'll do fantastically for Spurs, especially alongside Son and Kane.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Rumours now that Dele is going other direction in a loan as part of the deal. This is bonkers.

Luke1995

That scenario is more about managing youth player contracts to be honest, we should never be in a situation where a junior player we rate highly has that kind of bargaining power. I think it's fair to say as well that whilst Ole wanted to keep Gomes, he's hardly seen in the same bracket as Greenwood. Greenwood is under contract until 2024 ( i think) if you include the +1 option) so we are well positioned with him - I'd also say no fan would think Greenwood is our long term solution to RW hence the need for someone like Sancho (or a good stop gap) because the gap between us and Liverpool needs to be addressed.
Sure. But not sure if Bale would be a long term solution either...

Status
Not open for further replies.