Gary Neville - Pundit

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I try not to get too fussed about his efforts to be impartial but his desperation to pretend Arsenal are playing better than us this evening is bonkers. 63% possession. 6 corners to 1. There’s definitely a dominant team out there. It isn’t Arsenal.
For sure, united have been by far the better side.

Shiva87

I've come to the conclusion that he is like one of the hyper fans on the matchday forum. His United tinted glasses are paranoid to look out for everything we are doing poorly.

I guess it helped him as a player, but makes him OTT as a pundit.

SER19

Quite incredible that he saw that half as anything but United on top

Oranges038

Is it me or is it his nose breathing that's coming through the mic? Noticed it and now its all I'm hearing.

passing-wind

Neville has been accurate regarding the comments about the team. We play in moments, we have no defined style, we rely on individuals but it's worked to an extent. The biggest test for Ole is that the way we are is not sustainable.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Neville has been accurate regarding the comments about the team. We play in moments, we have no defined style, we rely on individuals but it's worked to an extent. The biggest test for Ole is that the way we are is not sustainable.
He’s bang on and always is, the caf expects him to behave like DT or Robbie and back his own team to the hilt regardless. Some stupid comments in this thread.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Neville’s just given Luiz man of the match because he liked his celebration after nearly scoring an own goal. He seems incensed to talk about the dangers of the Maguire Lacazette coming together but there was radio silence when it happened to Pogba earlier.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That’s all fair. The way he implied Arsenal were the better team in the first half was mental. No basis in reality at all.

Acole9

Outstanding
He’s bang on and always is, the caf expects him to behave like DT or Robbie and back his own team to the hilt regardless. Some stupid comments in this thread.
I agree, the posts in this thread are bizarre. If he looked in here (Doubt he would bother) he'd be laughing his head off at some of the paranoia.

If our fans want biased commentary they should stick to Mutv.

Irishman

Why does Gary Neville give every 50/50 decision to the opposition? Getting ridiculous now.

BR7

He is becoming quite the anti Man Utd nuisance. Like Phil Neville, Harvey Neville, Trcaey Neville, any other Neville but just not Gary. He seems to think we’ll just be okay with his continuous anti Man Utd commentary. Some of it is just plain offensive how bad the criteria and double standards he has just shite. Maguire scores a perfectly good header, nah it’s a foul on the CB according to the turnip and then tonight , much worst on both lindelof and Maguire and it seems too difficult for him to say foul, not just a foul Gary you div, a clear foul. They’d be fouls anywhere else on the pitch you clown. Keano got it right about you, G Nob ‘ead .

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Baffled how he gave their striker MOTM, he was utterly dreadful.

Bulldog United

He is becoming quite the anti Man Utd nuisance. Like Phil Neville, Harvey Neville, Trcaey Neville, any other Neville but just not Gary. He seems to think we’ll just be okay with his continuous anti Man Utd commentary. Some of it is just plain offensive how bad the criteria and double standards he has just shite. Maguire scores a perfectly good header, nah it’s a foul on the CB according to the turnip and then tonight , much worst on both lindelof and Maguire and it seems too difficult for him to say foul, not just a foul Gary you div, a clear foul. They’d be fouls anywhere else on the pitch you clown. Keano got it right about you, G Nob ‘ead .
Ole implied he didn't 't think it was a foul yesterday, despite what his captain said in his own rant. I personally thought it was a foul, but I think it's one of those debatable decisions that could have gone either way based on who was sitting in the VAR room. The consistency thing Ole added when commenting on the incident is the problem.

The commentary cams Sky sometimes put on YouTube show how much GNev lives and breathes the United games. Fist smacking on tables, death stares at his co-commentators when things aren't going our way. He recomposes himself before uttering words on the microphone, but his utterances are at complete odds with his body language not shown on camera during the game.

He's admittedly had some dodgy games on the microphone recently in terms of calling things wrong. His big smirk after City tonked Liverpool a week ago said everything. He's United through and through, still hates Liverpool with passion, and is willing to tolerate City winning league titles (as opposed to Liverpool) as the lesser evil like all of us.

He's not perfect of course, but he takes pride in trying to be as professional as possible in his job. Unfortunately, that means he can't rant about every free kick, dodgy penalty, or offside that goes against us in a game like we do here. :D It doesn't make him any less of a United fan.

BR7

Ole implied he didn't 't think it was a foul yesterday, despite what his captain said in his own rant. I personally thought it was a foul, but I think it's one of those debatable decisions that could have gone either way based on who was sitting in the VAR room. The consistency thing Ole added when commenting on the incident is the problem.

The commentary cams Sky sometimes put on YouTube show how much GNev lives and breathes the United games. Fist smacking on tables, death stares at his co-commentators when things aren't going our way. He recomposes himself before uttering words on the microphone, but his utterances are at complete odds with his body language not shown on camera during the game.

He's admittedly had some dodgy games on the microphone recently in terms of calling things wrong. His big smirk after City tonked Liverpool a week ago said everything. He's United through and through, still hates Liverpool with passion, and is willing to tolerate City winning league titles (as opposed to Liverpool) as the lesser evil like all of us.

He's not perfect of course, but he takes pride in trying to be as professional as possible in his job. Unfortunately, that means he can't rant about every free kick, dodgy penalty, or offside that goes against us in a game like we do here. :D It doesn't make him any less of a United fan.
Hrrrm, Gary???!!!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Baffled how he gave their striker MOTM, he was utterly dreadful.
I think that's harsh. Obviously he should have scored 2 more, but I think he gave it for his impact on the game. He worked hard and allowed them to come out of their defensive shell and even mount some good attacks. Plus he did plenty of defensive work.

By the standards of a big team it was a bad performance due to chances missed. But he scored a good goal and helped them a lot in a defensive/retaining possession sense, which alleviated pressure or delayed out attacks enough for them to reorganise. That's good for West Brom, who are at the bottom of the table and need to battle hard for points.

BR7

The one on lindelof was a foul even back in my playing days when you could have two minute brawl and no one would get booked. His hand is over his face and his neck and pulling him. About as blatant a foul as you could get yet he pulled Maguire up a few weeks back for a gentle touch in a CB who didn’t bother jumping for the ball.
He wanted Luke shaw sent off when we broke and Cavani was rugby tackled clean through on goal and the var brought it back to the edge of our box when shaw won the ball.
Neville said: ooooh that’s a bad one Luje shaw never touches the ball and gets the man, not deliberate though but could be off.

after watching ten replays he kept his stance. He must be the only person who missed shaw touching that ball 10 times in the replay. Even my 81 year old dad said on the phone, didn’t shaw touch that? He is just a reprehensible little dweeb. Love you Phil

Coleyoscar

Nobody expects him to behave like a myopic fan when he's commentating but I think the point most of us are making is that, in an effort to show how neutral he is, he calls every decision against United.

I can't recall a single 50:50 call he's made for United during live games. Even Graham Souness can see that decisions go against United some of the time.

redshaw

To his credit he hadn't got carried away with United being top. He's played in good teams playing well and can recognize United are not playing well and we have chanced our way so far along with playing well in little pieces.

He does try a bit too hard trying to be impartial with decisions though but it's tough love until we can be worthy of defending or praising.

Theo Cherry

He's right though! Lindelof got ''mauled'', but there's NO WAY Bailly's getting ''mauled'' like that!

Flexdegea

He really starting to do my head in. You watch any other game, every club nearly gets a ex player commentating, and are pro for their club.........were we mostly get Liverpool or arsenal players...........then on sky we get as top red as you can get in Neville and he trying his best to come across as fair as he can but ends up sounding like he purposely being controversial.

If that WBA goal was at the other end of the pitch and was cavani who scored it you bet your money Neville be like ohhhhhhh and wouldn't shut up about it........where as yesterday he barely mentioned it when they scored focused more on the player not being strong enough.

Maticmaker

Gary's like an old bloke I use to stand next to in the United Road paddock years ago. It didn't matter how well we were doing he was always moaning about something. It came to a head in one game, we were beating West Brom 4-0 we got a penalty and Bryan Robson missed. This guy never shut up about it, he even called Robson's loyalty into it (he was ex West Brom of course) everyone around him started telling him to "shut it", but he carried on... even when we finished up winning 6-0 he was still moaning about Robson's penalty miss to his mate as they left the terraces.
Gary might be related to this guy ?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I feels he's someone who wants to be proven wrong with his continual critique of United but unfortunately he's been somewhat proven right.