Gary Neville - Pundit

croadyman

Yet again with him on MNF it's all about KANE or a number 9, wake up and acknowledge we need a CDM for once

HBFSTR00

Supports
Ten hag
Yet again with him on MNF it's all about KANE or a number 9, wake up and acknowledge we need a CDM for once
The comparison with Klopp was embarrassing tbh. How can you even compare those two. Klopp is miles ahead of Ole.

croadyman

The comparison with Klopp was embarrassing tbh. How can you even compare those two. Klopp is miles ahead of Ole.
Yeah that is a total joke but what can you expect from an ex team mate clearly not being objective

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Only last week on a fan forum said he was never a United player :lol:
Doesn’t mean he wouldn’t rack up numbers somewhere else.

Watching the game yesterday, a couple of things were apparent: Arsenal were a shambles defensively and any good target man CF like him would have a field day. The other point is that the same issues we felt he had at Utd were still there; he points a lot but doesn’t move into space with any great instinct, his back to the defence game has improved but with his strength and a lightweight defence he’d have a field day. He still isn’t as adept at bringing others into play as well as we think he does. But given the service, he will finish. He is in a good team with players who are near complete. He could just be the missing piece for them that Werner couldn’t fit. Doesn’t make him a bad player for Utd, just the wrong fit for us in the style Ole wants to play

TempusFugit

Carragher believes this team can win a title without much more spending while completely forgetting that our midfield is very poor. We're never going to control a game with this lot, that's why we always flounder whenever the opponent attempts to press. Give Pep this squad and he'll threaten to resign unless proper mids are brought in.

rk4utd

Yep Gary Neville - we haggle over paying an extra few million for players that want to come - of course the glazers are not going to spend 150 million on anyone- somewhat laughably they are waiting on Haalamd to see if they can get him on the cheap next year - let alone a player that has already made it clear he wants to play for city. Seriously Gary?

Giggsy13

Anyone and everyone saw what we were lacking against Southampton yet Gary thinks we need to blow our proverbial load on Kane. He’s lost the plot.

432JuanMata

Anyone and everyone saw what we were lacking against Southampton yet Gary thinks we need to blow our proverbial load on Kane. He’s lost the plot.
Yeah thought that was weird. Also feel Carragher caught him out when Jamie said he expects us too be under achieving. Neville has us 3rd but said our squad was world class. He also saying Ole should be given 18 months just because was weird

Strats

His absolute obsession over Kane is getting annoying and weird.

Anything with a brain can see that we need to prioritize a midfielder first.

432JuanMata

He really sounds clueless more often than not
I remember last year he said when talking about Newcastle that he didn’t understand the praise for Brighton and when he watched them they never created much and a finisher wouldn’t help them.

Expected For Goals and Against table didn’t move any team up or down more than 2 positions than there actual position except Brighton which was 9 places from 16th to 7th. They had the 6th most created chances in the league, so he said it wasn’t the finished it was the chance creating but the stats said 1000% the opposite

passing-wind

Either Gary has undocumented insight into the club's finances or he's wide of the mark with the reality, financially, for the club to afford Kane. If United are supposedly waiting to offload Lingard / DVB to sign a midfielder how is Kane even a remote possibility.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't think Kane is best choice for us but a top striker would improve us massively.

The problem is Neville sounds like he's not thinking much beyond to English striker.

croadyman

His absolute obsession over Kane is getting annoying and weird.

Anything with a brain can see that we need to prioritize a midfielder first.
Yeah the scary thing is too many of his fellow pundits such as Scholesy, Rio & Keano talk up a number 9 over a DM as well

432JuanMata

Yeah the scary thing is too many of his fellow pundits such as Scholesy, Rio & Keano talk up a number 9 over a DM as well
This is what I don’t understand you can see we need a top DM it’s so obvious yet it’s all about #9. Yet they call City favourites without signing Kane and they don’t have a 9.
I think it’s due to playing under SAF and him always wanting a top #9

KetilOwren88

I agree with him that a long term nr 9 replacement for a 34 year old Cavani and a completely out of form Martial have to to fixed, but blaming the club for not spending 150 million for Kane, makes you wonder which reality he is living in.

432JuanMata

I agree with him that a long term nr 9 replacement for a 34 year old Cavani and a completely out of form Martial have to to fixed, but blaming the club for not spending 150 millions for Kane, makes you wonder which reality he is living in.
He doesn’t have a clue about finances. I found it weird when he finally came out and slated the Glacers for not spending yet we were by that time and was 5-10 years too late.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Carragher made good points I thought. The bit about how this United squad would perform under Pep, Klopp, or Tuchel was telling; as was Gary’s weak response.

R'hllor

GN confuses me a bit, when he is doing a live game where United plays, he is trying so hard to be objective that actually pushes him more towards being anti United but as pundit, he has these moments when there is clear United bias, maybe those two things are covered differently in his contracts, its odd.

croadyman

I don't think Kane is best choice for us but a top striker would improve us massively.

The problem is Neville sounds like he's not thinking much beyond to English striker.
He probably thinks we get a get top striker can get by with an average midfield but don't buy into that personally

Morpheus 7

Carragher made good points I thought. The bit about how this United squad would perform under Pep, Klopp, or Tuchel was telling; as was Gary’s weak response.
I been saying it for ages, them managers all do better with our squad. The expectations goes up. Neville on about giving him 18 months is just where a lot of fans are now unfortunately, afraid to make a change and starting again. Ole needs to compete for the title and win something this year. The slowest progress ever, Tuchel is in a few months, changed the entire style and won champions league and are regarded title contenders now. Ole is here over 3 years and couldn't beat a poor Villarreal in his only final. No more excuses, no other manager gets this time at a big club without delivering. He's undoubtedly improved the squad since he came but the jury is out.

KetilOwren88

He doesn’t have a clue about finances. I found it weird when he finally came out and slated the Glacers for not spending yet we were by that time and was 5-10 years too late.
Yes, I find Gary a decent pundit in general, (much better than most, which says a lot) but I think this is just stunning and week punditry. Most pundits are similar though, and seem to have unrealistic expectations and understanding of finances combined with a lack of abilitiy to look between the lines in a long term perspective. I am quite sure Neville is critical towards the wage policy with players like Sánchez and DDG as fresh exemples, yet he asks the club to spend 150 mill and a huge contract on a 28 year old injury prone Kane.

Yakuza_devils

For 150mil we should go for Haaland and not Kane.

The comparison with Klopp and Ole is really embarrassing. Klopp made it with profits in transfer and proper coaching to improve players with exciting style of play. Ole with more than 300mil net spend and playing negative football hoping for individual brilliant in every match.

croadyman

For 150mil we should go for Haaland and not Kane.

The comparison with Klopp and Ole is really embarrassing. Klopp made it with profits in transfer and proper coaching to improve players with exciting style of play. Ole with more than 300mil net spend and playing negative football hoping for individual brilliant in every match.
Yeah exactly but Gary shuts his eyes to his old mates faults and makes stupid comparisons to make him look better

Josh 76

You can start to see why Gary Neville failed as a manger. Speaking utter garbage about Utd. Sounded like a kid in the play ground.

Not once have I heard him taking about the issues in CM. He just keeps saying get Kane, which is bonkers at that price. And making it sound so easy to get rid of players was a joke.

RedStarUnited

To everyone who hasn't seen it, the above posters are talking about this segment.

for me, It was a continuation from last season in January when they had this discussion;

Liverpool came into that game with these results;

1 - 1 Home draw to West Brom
0 - 0 Away draw at Newcastle
1 - 0 Away lost to Southampton

After the United game, Liverpool would go on to lose the following games at home until April ;

Vs Burnley: 1 - 0
Vs Brighton and Hove: 1 - 0
Vs City: 4 - 1
Vs Everton: 2 - 0
Vs Chelsea: 1 - 0
Vs Fulham: 1 - 0

JoaquinJoaquin

Agreed. Says it all when Carragher makes more sense about United than Neville does. We could sign Harry Kane and we most likely still wouldn't win the title.

ShinjiNinja26

I hate listening to him when he talks about United. It’s mental that Carragher usually speaks far more sense on the subject. Also his fecking obsession with Kane is becoming very tiresome. Just imagine the wankathon over City if he does go there, he’s already deep up their arse as it is so if they sign golden boy it’ll become insufferable.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Yea I said before they all seem to share the same old school way of thinking saf managers and former players. I'll doubt Ole really sees the midfield control/possession issues either.

432JuanMata

I hate listening to him when he talks about United. It’s mental that Carragher usually speaks far more sense on the subject. Also his fecking obsession with Kane is becoming very tiresome. Just imagine the wankathon over City if he does go there, he’s already deep up their arse as it is so if they sign golden boy it’ll become insufferable.
What I don’t get is that he said City will win the league even if they don’t get Kane which will leave them without a #9 and says we need one. Does he even watch us ? We need a DM