Gary Neville - Pundit

He's completely ruined his reputation with this and shown he can't see past his bias.

It's a shame because I like his analysis on games, but its no use if he's not objective.

Red_toad

He is a leech who feeds on his connections with the club and within the club. That's what keeping him relevant.
Plenty of YouTubers feed off the club through no other reason than they connect with another bunch of people who agree with their commentary. Why isn’t an ex United player allowed the same? Feck if the Goldbridge cnut is allowed a voice then anyone is…

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Plenty of YouTubers feed off the club through no other reason than they connect with another bunch of people who agree with their commentary. Why isn’t an ex United player allowed the same? Feck if the Goldbridge cnut is allowed a voice then anyone is…
You're asking why an ex-united 'legend' is different from youtube nobodys?

Red_toad

You're asking why an ex-united 'legend' is different from youtube nobodys?
No I was asking jibbs why Nev isn’t allowed to ‘leech‘ off the club, when plenty of other nobodies who’ve done feck all for the club do it week in week out. I don’t agree with his comments, so was asking why he’s got an issue with Nev and not the genuine leeches.

Swedish_Plumber

Least Gary will be happy that we look likely to employ another former United player as manager. This means we avoid the guaranteed mess that would be brought with having a world class manager like Conte.

Look forward to what he says about us later and the lengths he goes to in avoiding talking about how much of a tit he’s been through this.

VivaRonaldo85

His stance on Ole these last few months has been commendable but in all honesty pretty weak and poor for one of the so called top pundits in the game. I would have respected him more if he’d been more honest like his scouse mate.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Least Gary will be happy that we look likely to employ another former United player as manager. This means we avoid the guaranteed mess that would be brought with having a world class manager like Conte.

Look forward to what he says about us later and the lengths he goes to in avoiding talking about how much of a tit he’s been through this.
Wonder when the ‘we hired an ex-player as interim before and it didn’t work” line will be trotted out by Neville on today’s Sky broadcast…

tomaldinho1

Not sure what moral high ground he thinks he is taking by acting like this, but he's got the whole thing truly wrong. Doubling on that, doesn't help.
He’s a complete and utter tool. Of all the things that are different post Ole, GNev’s inability to be impartial and constant voice on Sky are the biggest negatives for me. In time, Ole’s tenure as manager will be looked back on positively albeit as a period without success, I don’t think GNev’s reputation will ever be the same.

He tries to stay relevant by being a ‘voice’ for United but he’s more disconnected than anyone, he’s a multimillionaire businessman who has been out of the game too long & who showed his IQ level by genuinely thinking he could manage Valencia despite not speaking Spanish and having never had a senior gig. He hires/fires managers for fun at Salford and then preaches patience on tv. The further the club disassociate themselves from him, the better it is for everyone.

PoTMS

Absolute cockwomble and no surprise he failed as a manager. Any old fecker can be a pundit.

Ibi Dreams

He’s a complete and utter tool. Of all the things that are different post Ole, GNev’s inability to be impartial and constant voice on Sky are the biggest negatives for me. In time, Ole’s tenure as manager will be looked back on positively albeit as a period without success, I don’t think GNev’s reputation will ever be the same.

He tries to stay relevant by being a ‘voice’ for United but he’s more disconnected than anyone, he’s a multimillionaire businessman who has been out of the game too long & who showed his IQ level by genuinely thinking he could manage Valencia despite not speaking Spanish and having never had a senior gig. He hires/fires managers for fun at Salford and then preaches patience on tv. The further the club disassociate themselves from him, the better it is for everyone.
To be fair to him, he was very very vocal about the Super League and was extremely critical of our owners at that time. He was an important voice in the revolt against that idea. He's not disconnected, he just has a really weird blind spot when it comes to "giving managers time". Outside of that he's a reasonable pundit who speaks his mind. It just so happens that his mind is absolutely fecking mental when it comes to managers and Ole

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Fully agree. And am saying that as someone who doesn't take him too seriously. But, he has made himself look like a proper tit in all this mess.

tomaldinho1

To be fair to him, he was very very vocal about the Super League and was extremely critical of our owners at that time. He was an important voice in the revolt against that idea. He's not disconnected, he just has a really weird blind spot when it comes to "giving managers time". Outside of that he's a reasonable pundit who speaks his mind. It just so happens that his mind is absolutely fecking mental when it comes to managers and Ole
I do think he gets too much credit there. Everyone was against it, he was just milking social media. Fair play for him speaking against it but it wasn’t scrapped because of him.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
His stance on Ole these last few months has been commendable but in all honesty pretty weak and poor for one of the so called top pundits in the game. I would have respected him more if he’d been more honest like his scouse mate.
I'm giving him a pass on this one. He made his views clear even if he has a thing about not calling for people to be sacked.

Idxomer

But he was wrong about that too.

Dante

Average bang
It's exactly the same stance he took on Nuno Espirito Santo.

Neville's scouse mate was desperate to see Ole fail and get sacked. In the same way that United fans enjoyed seeing a Liverpool legend like Dalgliesh fail at Liverpool. By the same token, I'll be hoping Gerard eventually replaces Klopp and fails just as miserably.

It's simply a convenient eay to tarnish the legacy of a club legend. On the one hand, you get to be patronising to your rival club. On the other hand, you ruin some of the positive memories the fans used to have. It's a win-win for Carragher. Don't think he's doing it out of concern for United. You're falling for his trick if you do that. It's an entirely malicious intent.

Last edited:

the_cliff

How do you know he wasn't against the super league to protect his investment ? If he wasn't an owner himself would he have gone to the lengths he went to to shame the idea and the owners ?

Keefy18

But he was using Sky to voice that opinion...sky broke away from 72 other English club to form a then "super league" domestically.

More than a tad hypocritical!

Remember the geese

I like him as a pundit on issues that are non-United related. To be honest, I even find him interesting to listen to where United are concerned. Interesting, but also embarrassing and cringe worthy. Totally consumed by his own self importance, whilst his United ideals are drenched in misplaced arrogance. Generally just a bit of a twerp.

Last edited:

Swedish_Plumber

Mentions how he’d hoped the players could turn it around. It’s always the players with him. Never the manager and rarely mentions the board- unless it’s to do with the super league and it’s potential to hit him financially too.

Picks and chooses his battles instead of being objective.

Ibi Dreams

How do you know he wasn't against the super league to protect his investment ? If he wasn't an owner himself would he have gone to the lengths he went to to shame the idea and the owners ?
It seems very obvious to me that that wasn't the case, and I think it's really cynical to suggest it.

Dante

Average bang
Mentions how he’d hoped the players could turn it around. It’s always the players with him. Never the manager and rarely mentions the board- unless it’s to do with the super league and it’s potential to hit him financially too.

Picks and chooses his battles instead of being objective.
:lol: He also repeatedly blames Ole.

People in glass houses...

lsd

The Oracle

Basically Neville just saw Sky Sports tweeted something and automatically liked it.

In a strange way the one of thing to come out of Ole's time here is Neville has been the one whose reputation at United had been completely ruined.

No matter what Neville says or does from here on in most United fans will only remember how he behaved like a total gimp over this while in time most United fans will look at Ole for being a decent guy who tried but just wasn't good enough

the_cliff

It seems very obvious to me that that wasn't the case, and I think it's really cynical to suggest it.
Well he is hypocritical in the sense that he is always saying we need to give managers time yet, discards managers at his own club as if they're a packet of skittles.