Gary Neville

led_scholes

If we sell him for 40 millions, how is that a failure? Is Abraham considered a failure for Chelsea?

No player coming from the academy and having a career in top football should be viewed as a failure. Welbeck, Evans, Cleverley, Pereira, Lingard and many others are recent successes of our football academy.

Its time to let Rashford and Henderson go and have careers elsewhere. Just because they won't stay with us forever, this doesn't mean we or they have failed.

Idxomer

Rashford was always not pressing well. He was atrocious in tracking back since before Ole.

The performances are not too different, only last season he got the end of some goals in key moments.
Yep, Rashford having a great workrate before is one of the biggest myths regarding United out there. He never did, not under Jose or Ole.

And according to the stats, he's been pressing more and putting in more defensive actions this season than he ever did under Ole.

Needham

Neville has grown noticeably more acute in his tendency toward arch sourness of late. He really went after Micah Richards last week and there was no hint of mirth in his eyes when he accused the Mic of emotional ranting. Utd are shite to follow and its written all over his face.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Yes. Sancho is doing just fine so why would the club be to blame now for Rashfords form? I still have hope he will come good again.
At the moment but Rashford was also doing fine and now look. Martial also had a purple patch so we know our attackers can play well but the problem is getting them to stay in form over 3-4 seasons

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Just can't point the finger at his mate who burnt him out for two consecutive seasons.
Lack of coaching (maybe) and overindulging (almost certainly) from Ole.
Dont know where this guy was when his mate played an injured Rashford to the ground all season.
Exactly.

Neville has grown noticeably more acute in his tendency toward arch sourness of late. He really went after Micah Richards last week and there was no hint of mirth in his eyes when he accused the Mic of emotional ranting. Utd are shite to follow and its written all over his face.

Yeah he's increasingly fond of his own voice too, chap calls Richards emotional when the same man was asking Ole where he wants his statue after a couple of wins and spouting marketing wank talk like "Cultural Reset" etc.

Marwood

Lose/lose if he goes? :rolleyes:
Agree with Gary.

I know others will interprete this as holding onto academy players for the sake of it but it is ridiculous that we're now talking about Rashford leaving. It's a failure from player and club.

He has the talent and he's Mancunian. We shouldn't be losing that kind of player.

That it's a possibility shows there's been a balls up in his development.

youmeletsfly

Agree with Gary.

I know others will interprete this as holding onto academy players for the sake of it but it is ridiculous that we're now talking about Rashford leaving. It's a failure from player and club.

He has the talent and he's Mancunian. We shouldn't be losing that kind of player.

That it's a possibility shows there's been a balls up in his development.
This is not enough and it should never be enough to be an Everton player, let alone Man United.

It's nothing about his development, his injuries, his outside life. The guy doesn't run and doesn't pass, end of story. Get over with and stop being romantic about people you don't know as this is how United became the average club it is today, holding on to players and managers just because "they're our own".

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Even if you do everything right, there are no guarantees a player will develop the way you expect. Doesn't matter if he's 18, 24, 30.
Holding on to Rashford cause "it will look bad" is beyond foolish.

Marwood

This is not enough and it should never be enough to be an Everton player, let alone Man United.

It's nothing about his development, his injuries, his outside life. The guy doesn't run and doesn't pass, end of story. Get over with and stop being romantic about people you don't know as this is how United became the average club it is today, holding on to players and managers just because "they're our own".
You've gone full Micah Richards. Emotional ranting stuff.

Nothing about romance. I just like watching talented mancunians playing for a Manchester club. Weirdly enough.

It's just a massive shame when all things being well, said player should be a big part of our squad but is now in danger of not being.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club

Nothing about romance. I just like watching talented mancunians playing for a Manchester club. Weirdly enough.

It's just a massive shame when all things being well, said player should be a big part of our squad but is now in danger of not being.
You are doing exactly what Neville did :lol:

Your argument is far more emotional than his , stop projecting.

studs

Because he has an opinion you disagree with?
The only failure here will be Rashford, he is not a little kid anymore. He is a grown man who needs to stand up like one and face his own faults. If he wants to go that's on him nobody else.

youmeletsfly

You realize you are doing the same shit, no? :D

It is not a massive shame at all that a player is going, no matter who the player is, as long as there are proper reasons on why it's happening.
And I'm sorry, if you don't see the reasons, you need to watch a different football team.

If you like watching Mancunians play for the club, please compare the current ones with the ones who built this club in the last 30 years. I don't think they were wearing gold chains with their name on it and, at the first sign of adversity, they were sulking and downing tools. I mean, it's good to have locals play for the club, as long as they're the right locals.

We need players who want to be here, who want to run for their teammates, not fecking rich spoiled bratty kids who, at the first sign of real trouble, leak to the press "I'm considering my options". That's just the attitude of a spoiled kid on his behalf and, if the club gets rid of him, they have more than enough reasons to do it.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
How are people angry with that tweet, I totally agree with it. This place is bizarre.
Maybe because we should not bow down to an overrated primadonna's demands?

Seems like some on here assume everyone rates Rashford and he's some Mbappe-level talent and he's 20. The guy is 24 and looks like he's done, physically and/or mentally.

We might be shit but Rashford has used us to further his image and now he's unhappy we're dropping him when he's useless at his job? Neville defending him is just another example of manipulation for the sake of the DNA gang.

goptun

How are people angry with that tweet, I totally agree with it. This place is bizarre.
I'm apathetic, but I don't much like the fact that it reinforces the narrative that some players are beyond exiting the club. It shouldn't be an unthinkable outcome, it's just an unfortunate consequence of events.

Rashford's camp briefing the press that he's considering leaving the club in the summer because of a lack of guarantees over playing time leaves a really bad taste. It suggests that he genuinely thinks his current output is good enough. I can't get my head around it. Really disappointing and the icing on an already shitty cake of a season.

Marwood

You are doing exactly what Neville did :lol:

Your argument is far more emotional than his , stop projecting.
Well yeah, I began by saying I agree with Gary.

Projecting?

My only point is that it's a real shame that Rashford might leave and doesn't reflect well on the player or club. It shouldn't be possible but it is.

You realize you are doing the same shit, no? :D

It is not a massive shame at all that a player is going, no matter who the player is, as long as there are proper reasons on why it's happening.
And I'm sorry, if you don't see the reasons, you need to watch a different football team.

If you like watching Mancunians play for the club, please compare the current ones with the ones who built this club in the last 30 years. I don't think they were wearing gold chains with their name on it and, at the first sign of adversity, they were sulking and downing tools. I mean, it's good to have locals play for the club, as long as they're the right locals.

We need players who want to be here, who want to run for their teammates, not fecking rich spoiled bratty kids who, at the first sign of real trouble, leak to the press "I'm considering my options". That's just the attitude of a spoiled kid on his behalf and, if the club gets rid of him, they have more than enough reasons to do it.
I do see the reasons. I agree with him being dropped.

He's been performing so poorly for over 12 months that his career here in jeopardy.

My point is that this is a massive shame because it feels needless. Something has gone badly wrong and it shouldn't have.

The club and player have cocked up. That's what Neville is saying and I agree with him.

But you guys are so fiercely opinionated about this that anything other than "Rashford out" is greeted with:

Stop romancing
Stop projecting
Support another club

Like Neville I'd much prefer this to be sorted out as it feels very much like a situation that could be remedied.

AndySmith1990

Projecting?

My only point is that it's a real shame that Rashford might leave and doesn't reflect well on the player or club. It shouldn't be possible but it is.

He's been performing so poorly for over 12 months that his career here in jeopardy.

My point is that this is a massive shame because it feels needless. Something has gone badly wrong and it shouldn't have.

The club and player have cocked up. That's what Neville is saying and I agree with him.

But you guys are so fiercely opinionated about this that anything other than "Rashford out" is greeted with:

Stop romancing
Stop projecting
Support another club

Like Neville I'd much prefer this to be sorted out as it feels very much like a situation that could be remedied.
The only way it'll be sorted out is if Rashford quits being an entitled brat and instead knuckles down and earns his place in the team through hard working and impressive performances. The ball is in his court

It's easy to shit on the club, I could spend all day ranting about all the appalling decisions we make and how we're an embarrassment in a multitude of ways. But in this instance it's not fair to point the finger at the club and say it reflects badly on us when a player can't be arsed to put in the effort. That's on Rashford and the only thing that reflect badly on United is if we tolerate that kind of behaviour and refuse to sell him.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club

Projecting?

Stop romancing
Stop projecting
Support another club

Err I'm not talking about your stance on Rashford , I'm saying that you are telling this guy he's emotionally ranting when his points are less emotionally charged than yours.

Same with the Neville point, you may agree with his stance on Rashford but I'm not arguing with his Tweet, I'm arguing with you dismissing the guys opinion as Emotional when yours is more so, like Neville did to Richards a couple of days ago.

You being emotional and accusing others of being emotional is why I believe you are projecting.

Also I couldn't give a shit if you sell him or not :lol: so don't project;

"But you guys are so fiercely opinionated about this that anything other than "Rashford out" is greeted with:

Stop romancing

Stop projecting

Support another club"

This nonsense on to me either.

Josep Dowling

Even if you do everything right, there are no guarantees a player will develop the way you expect. Doesn't matter if he's 18, 24, 30.
Holding on to Rashford cause "it will look bad" is beyond foolish.
Agreed. I think our biggest issue is not turning over players quick enough. Rashford has been poor for well over 12 months now. Who’s to say he will ever get back into form. Based on his attitude on the pitch I would expect never. Best to move him on and get a player in who wants to run and pass.

cyberman

I was just watching the highlights and Gary was a bit all over the place with his observations. For the first 10 minutes we were pushing up on Kane etc when they received the ball and Son was getting in behind at will. Destroying our right side is what he said. We had to adapt, it’s crazy we’re playing this way.
When we adapted to that and allowed Kane etc to have the ball deep but to cut off the passing options thus denying them space for the break, he was saying we should be pressing up higher, I can’t believe they’re playing like this, even though Spurs ended up being toothless with the ball without that space to run into.

SuperiorXI

I was just watching the highlights and Gary was a bit all over the place with his observations. For the first 10 minutes we were pushing up on Kane etc when they received the ball and Son was getting in behind at will. Destroying our right side is what he said. We had to adapt, it’s crazy we’re playing this way.
When we adapted to that and allowed Kane etc to have the ball deep but to cut off the passing options thus denying them space for the break, he was saying we should be pressing up higher, I can’t believe they’re playing like this, even though Spurs ended up being toothless with the ball without that space to run into.
Yeah he was a bit over dramatic in commentary I thought. You'd think they were pasting us but if not for a penalty and own goal they did very little themselves.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s a total drama queen. Always has to be more to it with United. Look we aren’t great but he isn’t helping with his constant whining about more than just general observations of what he sees on the pitch. Otherwise name names and state sources.

hp88

Speaking since re club ownership on MNF at the moment, probably going to piss off every City and Newcastle fan out there.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I like Gary, I think he talks a lot of sense and he does at least have actual opinions and even more amazingly they are mostly consistent, almost as if he's telling the truth. Is that allowed in the media?

Withnail

Everywhere? From his remark about why the government shouldn't allow it to go bust, protect it at any costs, to just about everything else.
He doesn't want it to go bust because of the fans, employees and the community etc. If you asked him he'd probably say he'd never want any club to go bust, the same way as he apparently doesn't want any manager fired. I disagree and don't think it's the govt's place to step in on that front to save the club but I'm missing why that makes him a knobhead.

UncleBob

Absolutely nothing at all. It's exactly what he was saying during the Super League debacle. The PL do need to tighten up regulations. The fit and proper person test is an absolute joke.
Weird take. Pretty much every Russian billionaire has become completely unwanted over night, just being associated with Russia and Putin has become a major problem both for people and companies. Nothing has changed in regards to Abramovich apart from the public perception, he’s always been this person but now the sanctions are making Gary Neville rethink the world as he knows it. He comes off as thick as feck.

Not to mention it’s 15 years since the Thaksin disaster at Manchester City, which surely should’ve led to major changes (it didn’t)

The world suddenly decides something and Gary Neville wakes up and asks for change. He’s the perfect puppet.