Gary Neville

M Bison

Supports
York City
He’s furious like the rest of us, we’ve been absolutely battered and he’s rightly criticising players. We’ll do anything to point the finger at someone.

hp88

He really should just step aside for United games, talks shite for 90 minutes

Danger5

I'm sorry, but some of you need to get a grip. What exactly has he said today that is inaccurate? Bruno HAS been a complete disgrace and takes responsibility as captain.

I perhaps agree that he shouldn't be commentating on these games as a passionate fan, but therefore he's no different to the rest of us on here. You can disagree with his opinion but this thread title is more embarrassing than anything he's said.

We can feck Carragher off, too :lol:

SER19

Hes an absolute twat. Saying shaw could get a red and that that looked like a penalty. He does it every week. A boring insufferable prick

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He’s a proper cnut when he’s commentating on our games.

Club should genuinely refuse him any from of media access beyond what's contractually obligated.

Spent the whole game begging for red cards, penalties, bans, 'Bruno's just put his hands up demanding to come off, it's disgraceful, just disgusting, embarrassing'.

It's got to the point where he tries so hard to create these weird narratives and issues that it's more funny/confusing than anything deeper than that.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Club should genuinely refuse him any from of media access beyond what's contractually obligated.

Spent the whole game begging for red cards, penalties, bans, 'Bruno's just put his hands up demanding to come off, it's disgraceful, just disgusting, embarrassing'.

It's got to the point where he tries so hard to create these weird narratives and issues that it's more funny/confusing than annoying.
Yep, he tries so hard to seem objective.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Going on about those on the pitch have lost their head and are an embarrassment, take a look in the mirror

Man-United

He would never have dared to behave like this if Fergie was in charge. What a muppet he is now.

Listen to him on the overlap, the guy is always right.

Struggling to understand what he’s said wrong. He’s called us embarrassing and shambolic. Bang on.
Off the top of my head
  • The Shaw v Darwin thing got his standard "Oooooooooooooooooh that's naughty. Oooooooooooooh Shaw's really lost his head there." Made it sound like he'd drop-kicked Darwin in the neck instead of the reality where he waddled over beside him for a few seconds.
  • "Ooooooooooooooooh Bruno's put his hands on the linesman. He could be in big trouble here."
  • Trying to act like McTominay had intentionally 'done' Gakpo, while Carragher of all people defended him.
  • Instantly called for a penalty to be given against Shaw in the last few minutes. Again Carragher was the one saying it wasn't. Neville relented after a replay.
  • General Bruno derangement for a long time now.
Just actively creates narratives that hurt us in the long term.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
It's strange how most former Liverpool players who go into punditry don't even try to hide their biases and preferences. Meanwhile ours go out of their way to try to be perceived as "impartial", even if that means the pendulum has to swing to the other side.

Himannv

I think it's fair to have a go at the team when they put in a performance like that. Having said that, Carragher is a much better pundit than him in general I reckon - he's much more balanced and level-headed with his opinions in most cases.

Man-United

I think it's fair to have a go at the team when they put in a performance like that. Having said that, Carragher is a much better pundit than him in general I reckon - he's much more balanced and level-headed with his opinions in most cases.
Carragher is easily better. Neville just talks and talks and talks but never comes to the point. Bored of watching the Overlap, he loves his own voice so much.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
"I can't see United getting beat here today".
Literally about 45seconds later we go 2-0 down and get not just beaten, but annihilated.

Seeing us getting utterly pumped and listening to his "go too far the other way to try and sound neutral" schtick really is pure hell.

Pscholes18

I wouldn't know, he was so quiet during the the match beating off after every goal.

SER19

He literally thinks we should have a red card, or 2,and concede a penalty every single week. The shaw thing on nunez was absolutely nothing in fact arguably nunez should have been in trouble.

He shouldn't be on United games

So outraged by Bruno holding his face but doesn't utter a sound when Robertson did the same

Smacky The Frog

He's gotten worse the longer he's been in the job. Both commentary and punditry. Adds nothing of value anymore. Fixates on one or two irrelevant things and goes on and on about it.

He also is clearly blind. Cannot see anything.
This is the most important part though. He is absolutely awful at catching the most obvious things and his first instinct about a decision is almost always wrong. The painful part is him struggling to walk it back even after the replays make it clear he was wrong.

So outraged by Bruno holding his face but doesn't utter a sound when Robertson did the same
Forgot about that one...also reminded me how he started obsessing from the 15th minute onward about us 'timewasting' and insisting it was a deliberate tactic, then ignoring Liverpool taking 40 seconds on three consecutive throw-ins (which also wasn't timewasting)

M Bison

Supports
York City
He literally thinks we should have a red card, or 2,and concede a penalty every single week. The shaw thing on nunez was absolutely nothing in fact arguably nunez should have been in trouble.

He shouldn't be on United games

Do you know why he would be more outraged at seeing it from Bruno than Robertson though? He's just said it in the studio again, and he's bang on in his criticism of the players and Bruno specifically.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Forgot about that one...also reminded me how he started obsessing from the 15th minute onward about us 'timewasting' and insisting it was a deliberate tactic, then ignoring Liverpool taking 40 seconds on three consecutive throw-ins (which also wasn't timewasting)
We were delaying things in the first 15 mins though, and its the sensible thing to do. He wasnt criticising it as a tactic.

cyberman

Do you know why he would be more outraged at seeing it from Bruno than Robertson though? He's just said it in the studio again, and he's bang on in his criticism of the players and Bruno specifically.
But Bruno did get a bang in the jaw? It simply wasn’t the chest as Gary claimed.

Zen86

Gary Neville was a red. Now he’s just a self-centred bellend who’s more concerned with his little empire and public image than anything else.

M Bison

Supports
York City
But Bruno did get a bang in the jaw? It simply wasn’t the chest as Gary claimed.
I didnt think it was but could be wrong, what he said in the studio was right, he was the captain of the team today and was anything but a leader on the pitch.

SER19

Im not talking about the studio. Im talking about in play commentary where he has 2 sets of rules for each team. Robertsons was absolutely pathetic and not even near his face. Nunez should have been in trouble with Shaw, shaw was then pulled to ground and neville saw a Liverpool penalty. He does this every week. We had clearly onside goals lately that he actually questioned the var lines off. Its a bizarre over correction and he is quite plainly not capable of being an impartial commentator

M Bison

Supports
York City
Gary Neville was a red. Now he’s just a self-centred bellend who’s more concerned with his little empire and public image than anything else.
He's furious with the result and it showed in his reactions to the goals, I suspect he might still be a fan.