GB News; UK Right Leaning 24 Hour 'News' Channel

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Their TV ratings are unimpressive considering they get to hoover up everyone who belong to the demographic that believes the current Conservative Party is not right wing enough for their liking and the biggest problem in the country today is not poverty, homelessness, the cost of living, thirteen years of public cuts coming home to roost but instead "wokeness". They have that entire audience to themselves because this channel is specifically for them.
Maybe there aren't actually that many people in the UK who really believe all that?

Boycott

Maybe there aren't actually that many people in the UK who really believe all that?
I agree. And I'm glad of it. One thing that this seems to show is these culture war topics that gets polluted on social media echo chambers and especially amplified on Twitter since Musk took over doesn't connect with the broader public at large.

hodgey123

Speaking as someone who works in a customer facing role, think there's more people that believe that than people like to admit.
I agree! I just think a lot of people are too busy to be watching TV all of the time and a lot of people who hate 'woke' are actually working class people who wouldn't be interested in watching political news channels but will agree with a lot of their output.

Jericholyte2

Their TV ratings are unimpressive considering they get to hoover up everyone who belong to the demographic that believes the current Conservative Party is not right wing enough for their liking and the biggest problem in the country today is not poverty, homelessness, the cost of living, thirteen years of public cuts coming home to roost but instead "wokeness". They have that entire audience to themselves because this channel is specifically for them.
That’s not the point of the channel though. It’s the same reason The Sun exists, even when it loses money hand over fist.

The point of the channel is to create content for social media. This can then be spread high fat and wide, and the studio gives it a sense of legitimacy over Uncle Bill and his homemade green screen background.

That’s the true value of GBNews.

maximus419

Are the polls close enough that this is of significant concern for the next GE?
At the moment Labour are anything from about 16-27 points ahead of the Tories. However given the current global situation and with the GE likely still another 12 months away, anything can happen. Will Johnson be able to have any influence over the outcome, I doubt it. However, will he have an influence over our politics and talking points given this platform, of course he will and that's why he's doing it.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Are the polls close enough that this is of significant concern for the next GE?
Oh no, how will Labour compete with potentially losing the vote of the 5 people who watch GB News! :)

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Think it's been deleted, whatever it was.
The shooting of the Gazans waving the white flag was a set-up, for a variety of different reasons. We just can't know. It was probably ketchup. Hamas was in on it and anyway even if all I just said is utterly unfounded horseshit how are Israeli's supposed to know folk waving a white flag don't have ulterior motives?