GB News; UK Right Leaning 24 Hour 'News' Channel

Tarrou

Where do you go if you’re too much of a cnut for GB news?

I guess all he has left is shit-posting on twitter, until they eventually feck him off too

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

I guess all he has left is shit-posting on twitter, until they eventually feck him off too
Off to the Katie Hopkins school of irrelevancy.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Woohoo, Fox and Brand starting their own channel or podcast together.

“the 3 cnuts”

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Love how they think free speech means you can’t ever be sacked for anything you say on air.

Would be interesting to see an anchor say something pro BLM and see how long it takes for the same people to call for them to be fired immediately.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Love how they think free speech means you can’t ever be sacked for anything you say on air.

Would be interesting to see an anchor say something pro BLM and see how long it takes for the same people to call for them to be fired immediately.
They do this regularly. Frothing at the mouth over some social movement they don't like but apparently only they're allowed to say and do what they want.

Realist81

Guto Harri was suspended for taking the knee, oddly enough all the free speech warriors didn't kick up much of a fuss

tomaldinho1

As a genuine question, is GB news not meant to be completely free speech? I thought their whole selling point was to be crass, sexist, racist, Xenophobic etc. and then they attract a certain crowd.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So what's going to happen next? Will these paladins of free speech create their own news channel, somehow run by people even worse than the idiots at GBNews? Maybe it'll be like Channel 5 when it first launched and nobody could even watch it because their TVs couldn't properly tune into the frequency? 24 hours news cycle of Fox and Wootton banging hammers against tins of Spam, with Robinson in the background wanking into a sock. Now that's entertainment, folks.

hodgey123

Yeah, the fact that the channel has branded itself as the home of free speech and is now showing what everyone has been saying for ages in all other contexts (i.e. that free speech is not without consequences) is so beautifully ironic but will surely lead to its own demise?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I didnt even know GB news existed until I came across this Fox fiasco in the news today.

Spark

As a genuine question, is GB news not meant to be completely free speech? I thought their whole selling point was to be crass, sexist, racist, Xenophobic etc. and then they attract a certain crowd.
I think it’s a mix of trying to tread a reasonable line so as not to inflame the Ofcom situation/be “mainstream” enough and being the rebel free speech channel. The whole “free speech” thing is such a stupidly unsustainable hill to die on because it relies on people not actually saying things that are indefensible. It had to come to this at some point.

Just so happens to be something mildly offensive, instead of the daily calling of death to brown kids across multiple shows, that has done it.

Boycott

Their TV ratings are unimpressive considering they get to hoover up everyone who belong to the demographic that believes the current Conservative Party is not right wing enough for their liking and the biggest problem in the country today is not poverty, homelessness, the cost of living, thirteen years of public cuts coming home to roost but instead "wokeness". They have that entire audience to themselves because this channel is specifically for them.