Generate some needed funds for January

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Well. Despite seeming to buy one every fecking summer, we probably need another CB.

A CDM is a glaring hole too.

Martial, Mata, Pogba, Lingard, Matic, Bailly and Dalot all need shipping out at some point too.

Swedish_Plumber

Midfield needs reinvigorated.

A lot of the squad looks broken right now. I’m putting it down to a complete lack of confidence in themselves and the manager, but I fear we just have a lot of average players everywhere that’s not the attack.

redrobed

It doesn’t matter. It’ll just go to the Glazers in dividends and we’ll be watching while our rivals splurge 100ms all over the place again. We need new owners who’re actually interested in investing in the playing squad.

The fans going to the games need to send a message by refusing to go.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
It doesn’t matter. It’ll just go to the Glazers in dividends and we’ll be watching while our rivals splurge 100ms all over the place again. We need new owners who’re actually interested in investing in the playing squad.
I mean, we've spent a fair amount in recent years. More than it's taken many clubs to win the biggest trophies. It's the lack of direction/bringing in managers with glaringly different styles that has been the issue. Plus the vast vast majority of our signing have been hopeless.

sp_107

Release Mata / Matic / Jones and sell Henderson (50M) / Jesse (10) / Martial (30) / Dalot (10) = 100M

Trippier (15M) / DM(35M) / Haaland (70) = -120M

With 20M Budget we can have a better team and it could be a good team for any new manager comes in

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Release Mata / Matic / Jones and sell Henderson (50M) / Jesse (10) / Martial (30) / Dalot (10) = 100M

With 20M Budget we can have a better team and it could be a good team for any new manager comes in
You think we can sell Lingard when he’s free at the end of the season? More likely he goes out on loan before his contract is up.

sp_107

You think we can sell Lingard when he’s free at the end of the season? More likely he goes out on loan before his contract is up.

if teams like NewCastle OR Westham are desperate then we might get 10M for Jesse in JAN.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
if teams like NewCastle OR Westham are desperate then we might get 10M for Jesse in JAN.
That’s true too. West Ham are contenders for CL spot if they keep the form up. Lingard would only help them. We’ll see.

leeroy221

Well. Despite seeming to buy one every fecking summer, we probably need another CB.

A CDM is a glaring hole too.

Martial, Mata, Pogba, Lingard, Matic, Bailly and Dalot all need shipping out at some point too.
I would add Lindeloff to that list too.
Certainly need a CDM

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Odd, I dont think that despite his age Matic is anywhere near our worst few mids and has no resale value, id keep and move Mctom on..

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Not getting Trippier for 15m or else we would have bought him in the summer. The price was 40m

Kaos

I wouldn't sell Henderson yet personally. Still think a new manager might prefer a better keeper on the ball, especially if they prefer a high line.

sp_107

Not getting Trippier for 15m or else we would have bought him in the summer. The price was 40m

Trippier on last year of his contract so 15M would be OK to get him.

Trippier and a DM would vastly improve our team along with a good manager/ coaching staff

IrishMcD

When I think about we extended Mata :lol:
Mata, Jones and Bailly. Then refused to sell Lingard in the summer after a successful loan, only to lose him on a free 12months later. We also have three of the top paid goalies in the league at our club. And thats before we even mention the head in the sand nonsense that has been the Pogba contract issue.

Luke1995

Martial, Mata, Lingard, Bailly and Dalot I would definitely sell if possible.

Pogba and Matic however... I don't think anyone would pay big money for Pogba right now. It's better to keep him as a squad option for the rest of the season.

As for Matic, I think technically he is our best DM, so it doesn't make sense to sell him. The issue is to surround him with players who will run for him and allow him some time on the ball.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Mata, Jones and Bailly. Then refused to sell Lingard in the summer after a successful loan, only to lose him on a free 12months later. We also have three of the top paid goalies in the league at our club. And thats before we even mention the head in the sand nonsense that has been the Pogba contract issue.
At least with Pogba, you can say it's a player they've played and tried to keep. The others have been non entities, they haven't contributed to our football consistently for a while. Why did they all get extensions ?

owlo

Don't think we need much in Jan (other than the bleeding obvious). An RB and a midfielder perhaps.

golden_blunder

Staff
Agree apart from Jones. The lad was recovering from a career threatening injury

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Is this for United or for the caf?

Hammondo

You are not in the real world.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Martial - CBA
Dalot - Trainwreck every time he plays
Pogba - CBA
Mata - What's the point?

We desperately need a DM and a RB this January.

IrishMcD

Agree apart from Jones. The lad was recovering from a career threatening injury
Sorry mate, confused by the point you are making? Agree with all those decisions apart from the Jones one, or agree that they were all the wrong decisions except the Jones one?

Chipper

Adulterer.

Is that Alfe-Inge Haaland? Can't see Erling wanting to come here at all at this point in time. I don't think I would if I were him and I'm a lifelong United fan from Manchester.

golden_blunder

Staff
Sorry mate, confused by the point you are making? Agree with all those decisions apart from the Jones one, or agree that they were all the wrong decisions except the Jones one?
agree with all you’ve listed apart from Jones. He should get the time to recover

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
My dream would be a Conte-Lukaku like situation with Maguire. Someone that really rates him and want to spend 50-60mil on him. Same with AWB.

We have to start fixing Ole's "rebuild" as soon as possible.

I'd get rid of "Shawberto Carlos" too. Roll the dice on some younger, hungrier (no pun intended) left back. This one looks done.

IrishMcD

agree with all you’ve listed apart from Jones. He should get the time to recover
We'll have to agree to disagree then. No place for sentiment in my opinion. An average player with an horrendous injury record getting a massive long term contract was pathetically poor management in my eyes. If you wanted to give him a chance to recover, throw him an extra year or 18months on a reduced contract, that would be more than fair. What he actually got was an absolutely crazy offer. Just my opinion mate, just don't think he has done anything to deserve what he got and not like he was going to end up homeless or struggling to pay his mortgage like the rest of us :lol:

Stadjer

Would it be possible to fool Newcastle into giving us half the Maguire money back?

Although with his relegation experience they likely want to stay away from him..

golden_blunder

Staff
We'll have to agree to disagree then. No place for sentiment in my opinion. An average player with an horrendous injury record getting a massive long term contract was pathetically poor management in my eyes. If you wanted to give him a chance to recover, throw him an extra year or 18months on a reduced contract, that would be more than fair. What he actually got was an absolutely crazy offer. Just my opinion mate, just don't think he has done anything to deserve what he got and not like he was going to end up homeless or struggling to pay his mortgage like the rest of us :lol:
I think he actually got the new contract weeks before that injury. At the time he was in the England squad and our team

Skills

Snitch
Maguire, AWB and McTominay. If some fools willing to give us 80m for the 3 of them, we should take it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Pogba and Lingard won't leave at this point.

Newcastle will need players so Henderson, Bailly, Dalot, Fred and Martial would be fair game to them.

C'est Moi Cantona

Martial and Henderson would not be missed, could be headline signings for Newcastle, and raise £60 million + for us, although things are never that simple.