Geoff Shreeves | Bye bye

Ether

Can’t talk about Geoff Shreeves without mentioning the glee with which he told Ivanovic he’d be missing the CL final due to suspension.

Also him hammering home Arsenal’s trophy drought to Carl Jenkinson just after they’d beaten Bayern on the night.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He's taking the hard-nosed journalist thing a bit too seriously. Ask them if it will be/was a tough game or something Geoff, no-one will mind.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
And now we’re going to Geoff on the touch line for more information on that leg injury sustained by Ramos:

‘Thanks guys. Ramos had a heavy fall there and injured his leg in that challenge. He’s now sitting on the bench with ice on his leg. Back to you’

Great stuff Geoff. Can imagine the money paid for the PL rights will be reduced now that the riveting insight is leaving.

Last edited:

Chairman Steve

In the words of Sir Alex

Thanks Geoff
Wasn’t it ‘Well done Geoff’ as well? I thought that was his way of saying ‘Thanks for not pissing me off‘ :lol:

It’s a bit sad watching all these names, who for the last 20 years at least were part of great football coverage, leave roughly at the same time. Jeff Stellings gone. Chris Kamaras gone. Martin Tylers gone and now Geoff Shreeves.

Loon

:lol:
Looks like they're cleaning house. Will Merson survive this one too?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Looks like they're cleaning house. Will Merson survive this one too?
I think Merson will survive for fear of sending him off the rails. He survived the Soccer Saturday layoffs.

A lot of these guys have been in the job 30 years plus and are getting on a bit

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Wasn’t it ‘Well done Geoff’ as well? I thought that was his way of saying ‘Thanks for not pissing me off‘ :lol:

It’s a bit sad watching all these names, who for the last 20 years at least were part of great football coverage, leave roughly at the same time. Jeff Stellings gone. Chris Kamaras gone. Martin Tylers gone and now Geoff Shreeves.
You’re right, it was well done Geoff!

Chairman Steve

I’m fairly certain Merson’s only there because in Sky’s laughably super self-conscious mindset, they don’t want flak for releasing someone with historical mental health problems. He’s going to stick out like a sore thumb against all these much younger male and female pundits Sky are bringing in.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I’m fairly certain Merson’s only there because in Sky’s laughably super self-conscious mindset, they don’t want flak for releasing someone with historical mental health problems. He’s going to stick out like a sore thumb against all these much younger male and female pundits Sky are bringing in.
Plus they need an advocate for reformed gambling addicts while cutting to SkyBet commercials every eight minutes.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

First 2 sad, second 2 not so much.

Big Andy

Bloke
Geoff Shreeves is fecking shit, I can't believe anyone paid him for his insightless drivel.

miked99

Good. I can't stand the prick.

I detest his interview technique, where every question is framed to try and get the interviewee to say exactly what he wants them to. Annoys the feck out of me