Other Geoguessr

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
https://www.geoguessr.com/maps/6126616c6033f40001dd7b1e

Made a new map for y'all.

Remember to explain your working or you'll get marked down.
Did you really intend to allow it for unlimited time and movement allowed?

1. Inverness - There was an Barber shop by the name of Inverness Barbers when you move around, then there was a sign of 'Academy street' somewhere there around as well
2. There is a map that you can see at the landing place that has Salzburg written. Then roamed outside the exit, from the other side and ended up at some sort of a fort. There was a "panorama museum" that side and just clicked somewhere that seemed like the city centre of Salzburg
3. A shop had the address of 188 Henry Street, Bloemfontein
4. Adelaide Oval Event sin board led me to Adelaide. Going further down the street took me to "Festival Plaza" Tram station. King William road was easy to find as it was appearing in bold near Adelaide Oval. Then moving along the road meant I ended up at Festival plaza quite quickly as well
5. Clicked on the stadium and there was Cleveland written everywhere, went closer and you had the First Energy Stadium

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Did you really intend to allow it for unlimited time and movement allowed?

1. Inverness - There was an Barber shop by the name of Inverness Barbers when you move around, then there was a sign of 'Academy street' somewhere there around as well
2. There is a map that you can see at the landing place that has Salzburg written. Then roamed outside the exit, from the other side and ended up at some sort of a fort. There was a "panorama museum" that side and just clicked somewhere that seemed like the city centre of Salzburg
3. A shop had the address of 188 Henry Street, Bloemfontein
4. Adelaide Oval Event sin board led me to Adelaide. Going further down the street took me to "Festival Plaza" Tram station. King William road was easy to find as it was appearing in bold near Adelaide Oval. Then moving along the road meant I ended up at Festival plaza quite quickly as well
5. Clicked on the stadium and there was Cleveland written everywhere, went closer and you had the First Energy Stadium
I did not.

Xeno

I’ll do another one tomorrow and change it.
1 Salzburg - Been there
2 Adelaide - Oval, bridge, king william - easy
3 Inverness - signs on pole directly in front of you say Your Inverness :)
4 Picked random South Africa place as couldn't find any clues. Looks a right shit hole. The LaLiga sign threw me.
5 We have faith in Cleveland sign, E 4th is tiny and there's parking

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Hmm try this one? Maybe I have to play first, I've just guessed Antarctica for all of them.

https://www.geoguessr.com/challenge/cpNmgCUUKsGq4LhQ
Yeah that works, great!

Tried to do it as quickly as possible, very happy with my score.

Saw "Stad Gent" and Sunderland pretty quickly. Last one I recognized the Bulgarian flag, 4th one I saw a Chilean and Brazilian flag but it was Spanish and not Portuguese so randomly guessed Santiago. The Canadian one I knew it was Canada because of the English/French sign but couldn't find a clue whereabouts.

1. Gent - been, recognised the church
2. Halifax - looked American/Canadian, then the French signs. As far as i know all the roads are named in French in Montreal or Quebec so it wasn't there, then when i zoomed down to Halifax that hotel popped up pretty quickly.
3. Sunderland station is right there.
4. Santiago - looked South American, then saw the Chile web domain on a sign so figured the middle of the capital would be a good shout.
5. Sofia - Been there, recognised the flag and taxis and dropped the pin in the shopping part of the city.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
That was a lot tougher, especially the 3th and 5th one for me.

Mad about the 4th one - spent almost a week in Hoi An, thought I recognized it but changed my mind to Hanoi the last moment for no reason at all :lol: The tailors should've been enough.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Some of these places are so grim, it makes me depressed even trying to figure out where they are.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Thanks! I didn't realise that I've missed those but I've missed those

Massively fecked up with Portugal... twice.

5000 points on Vladivostok were nice though, especially with the second best result of the round being 69 points :lol:

It's probably next to impossible to guess without knowing Russian — from the first glance I saw that it was Russia (aside from the Russian language, which is quite common even outside of it, there's the "СБЕРБАНК" — Russia's biggest bank as well as a couple of other Russian institutions... but it was clear that it wasn't the European part of it (don't ask me how, it's more of a feeling). And then there's a huge ad that says that it will give you back the money that you'll spend on your health trip to Korea — that left me almost no choice.

The biggest clue, however, was on one of the cars most near the camera, it was a very small coat of arms of Vladivostok, but it's hard to imagine anyone getting it without googling. We've had a project with friends where we looked for the most bizarre coat of arms world-wide, so I remembered Vladivostok's one from research, even though it's nothing special

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

5000 points on Vladivostok were nice though, especially with the second best result of the round being 69 points :lol:

It's probably next to impossible to guess without knowing Russian — from the first glance I saw that it was Russia (aside from the Russian language, which is quite common even outside of it, there's the "СБЕРБАНК" — Russia's biggest bank as well as a couple of other Russian institutions... but it was clear that it wasn't the European part of it (don't ask me how, it's more of a feeling). And then there's a huge ad that says that it will give you back the money that you'll spend on your health trip to Korea — that left me almost no choice.

The biggest clue, however, was on one of the cars most near the camera, it was a very small coat of arms of Vladivostok, but it's hard to imagine anyone getting it without googling. We've had a project with friends where we looked for the most bizarre coat of arms world-wide, so I remembered Vladivostok's one from research, even though it's nothing special
Very niche! I’ll add more maps today.

nimic

something nice
Scout
https://www.geoguessr.com/challenge/zvg2hKQNGj9Xav4c

You will have 20 seconds on each one. So I'm not expecting 5000 point guesses. Will see how quickly some people can react and work out roughly where they are.
The 4th one was just a black void, so I didn't do too well on that one. 4996 on the 3rd one though, pretty happy :lol:

Was that supposed to be a photosphere? Sometimes when I made these I put it on the street, but it defaulted to a photosphere inside one of the buildings (this time a bar). Possibly what happened to the black void too.

Edit: the first one I knew was going to be wrong, at the last second I realized where it had to be (roughly).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The 4th one was just a black void, so I didn't do too well on that one. 4996 on the 3rd one though, pretty happy :lol:

Was that supposed to be a photosphere? Sometimes when I made these I put it on the street, but it defaulted to a photosphere inside one of the buildings (this time a bar). Possibly what happened to the black void too.

Edit: the first one I knew was going to be wrong, at the last second I realized where it had to be (roughly).
Yeah not sure what happened there. I put it on the street.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

I could be mistaken but weren't the wheels of the cars at the right side of the car? Or is that normal thereabouts / in Russia? That's why I was majorly confused and guessed something like Mongolia or Kazakhstan, because I did think the language was Russian indeed :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
https://www.geoguessr.com/challenge/zvg2hKQNGj9Xav4c

You will have 20 seconds on each one. So I'm not expecting 5000 point guesses. Will see how quickly some people can react and work out roughly where they are.
Recognized the "Tel A" on the Sheraton Hotel and knew straight away it was the main place of Krakow, so those were nice. 20" is just a tad too fast, it's just trying to recognize something in 10" and then go to the map :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
That was incredibly hard!

Should've known the first one but couldn't figure it out.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I could be mistaken but weren't the wheels of the cars at the right side of the car? Or is that normal thereabouts / in Russia? That's why I was majorly confused and guessed something like Mongolia or Kazakhstan, because I did think the language was Russian indeed :lol:
It’s another way by which you can recognize far-Eastern Russian regions. They get a lot of Japanese cars with wheels on the right from their domestic market — because it’s cheaper to bring them over than to, say, buy a German or even a Japanese car that was made for the European market and ship it all the way to the Far East of Russia. Even though the roads & the traffic laws are still designed with left-wheeled card in mind.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It’s another way by which you can recognize far-Eastern Russian regions. They get a lot of Japanese cars with wheels on the right from their domestic market — because it’s cheaper to bring them over than to, say, buy a German or even a Japanese car that was made for the European market and ship it all the way to the Far East of Russia. Even though the roads & the traffic laws are still designed with left-wheeled card in mind.
Cheers, didn't know that. Interesting!