Gerard Deulofeu watch

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Him and Richarlison should make Watford an entertaining watch

Class tonight

Minkaro

I've a feeling (based entirely on his Everton spell and tonight, admittedly) that he's probably one of those players that really shines at midtable clubs, but then struggles when he's not the big fish. He'll do well for Watford, imo.

Javi

Seemed to admit diving there in his post match interview. "[What happened?] Erm ... he touched me ... I think. We'll see in the video."

lsd

The Oracle
You knew this thread was coming, he's a more than decent player but this is his level .He wouldn't be a success in a bigger team but has more than enough to be a big player for Watford

Gareth williams

Supports
Everton
He was dreadful at Everton. This is a player we loaned to Milan when we had no wingers of quality. To suggest he was good is very wrong

Javi

Was good today but will be found out imo once defenders get to know him.

Canagel

I thought he was quite good at Everton. He was assisting Lukaku for fun. Perhaps he can't handle the pressure at big clubs.

robinrooney

No need for this thread. Delete

Otherwise we might as well have a thread for every player in PL that has a decent game

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
tbf it was madness from Barcelona bringing him back he's clearly not at that level

Javi

tbf it was madness from Barcelona bringing him back he's clearly not at that level
Appeared like they couldn't get someone better to warm their bench. Barça struggled with this since Pedro left.

Nick7

Let's not rewrite history based on one game. He wasn't great at Everton. Largely disappointing.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
He's Watford's Shaqiri.

Just checked on him again and he's 23! turning 24 in march, that's still plenty of time to make the step up, probably not Barcelona level but Tottenham, Arsenal could do with him or Liverpool could replace Salah when he goes to Madrid lol

well I am probably too much time ahead

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Definitely a good player. I remember a game a couple years ago where he was causing havoc down the wing all game and then all of a sudden got subbed out after about 60 minutes. I was watching with a buddy who is an Everton supporter and we both couldn't believe he was taken off. He's still fairly young so it's silly for anyone to write him off yet. He's probably not going to reach the heights of a top footballer, but I could see him go on to have a very successful career. You don't get capped by Spain if you don't have talent...

Deleted member 101472

I remember reading on an English speaking Barcelona forum years ago about deulofeu, he was being tipped as the next big thing from the academy and there was one poster who had been to all the Barca B matches. He said that deulofeu dribbled past a left back with ease, stopped the ball on the byline when he had men in the box and tons of space, and waited until the full back came back, and then took it round him twice more before the centre half came and cleaned him out. He said the rest of his teammates walked away in disgust and every game after that, they would actively try to avoid giving him the ball as he was just too selfish. You can still see it in his game, he is an unbelievably talented footballer, but he’s in it for him. He may very well correct that as he matures, and make the transition to become the star of a bigger team.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
I remember reading on an English speaking Barcelona forum years ago about deulofeu, he was being tipped as the next big thing from the academy and there was one poster who had been to all the Barca B matches. He said that deulofeu dribbled past a left back with ease, stopped the ball on the byline when he had men in the box and tons of space, and waited until the full back came back, and then took it round him twice more before the centre half came and cleaned him out. He said the rest of his teammates walked away in disgust and every game after that, they would actively try to avoid giving him the ball as he was just too selfish. You can still see it in his game, he is an unbelievably talented footballer, but he’s in it for him. He may very well correct that as he matures, and make the transition to become the star of a bigger team.
Him and Jese were big friends (probably still are) and they were hailed as the next generation of the CR7/Leo rivalry between clubs, allegedly they loved taking the piss of other international players when they were playing with Spanish youth ranks.

I don't think he's a bad player, but he lacks the brain to play in a team that can control the ball, imo he shines at the counter, short bursts and when he doesn't have time to think about his options, once he gets a couple seconds to think about what's around him he starts taking poor decisions and his impact is almost negative, those aren't really the traits of what you would expect from a Barcelona player.

Still I liked some of his games, even when he's not being active with the ball he's a threat to the defenders with his runs and they way he widens the field, like some people are saying those are usually great traits for middle table teams that get dominated most of the time, but at top level his chances to do the same thing are scarce... I think he's going to be a key player for EL caliber teams or, if he's lucky, an impact player in a top 10 European team, with a role similar to what Jese was doing in Real Madrid before his injury, that's a style and a role that could fit him like a glove.

SambaBoy

His delivery at Everton was very good, used to put in some fantastic balls but went off the boil quickly enough and couldn't keep his place. There's obviously a decent player in there somewhere but maybe a bad attitude and an unwillingness to learn.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
In one of the season Deulofeu linked with Lukaku superbly, he assisted 6-7 goals for him.

Didn't really kick on but I like watching his style of play. Fearless player and backs himself against defenders to take them on with pace or skill.