German Football 20/21

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Thomas Müller today has the chance to score a second goal against Union over 12 years after his first. He scored one against them in 2008 for Bayern II in the 3. league in one of his first senior matches. ^^

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund is basically Guerreiro FC these days. At this point Favre should probably be sacked by Christmas.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Dortmund is pure garbage
Hummels body language is poor. Maybe he has lost interest

1-4 down to newly promoted Stuttgart

Raredaredevil

Dortmund is trash. I thought they were just inconsistent but they are just on a freefall. Why did I decide to put them in my accumulator after getting burnt by them so many times.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Stuttgart are destroying Dortmund. Granted, i've only watched 10 mins but Stuttgart's 2 goals i've seen were great. Also hit the post. Dortmund's defending has been yikers.

The Irish Connection

Watching the Dortmund game. Sancho has had another quiet game, dodged a bullet I think.
The lad Koulibaly for Stuttgart could be just as effective for us on the right and would probably cost around 30m.
Of course, let’s see what Diallo can do too. I just want to see someone good at taking on full backs.

The Stain

Watching the Dortmund game. Sancho has had another quiet game, dodged a bullet I think.
The lad Koulibaly for Stuttgart could be just as effective for us on the right and would probably cost around 30m.
Of course, let’s see what Diallo can do too. I just want to see someone good at taking on full backs.
How's Silas been apart from his goals and that "assist"?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Every time I have turned up to watch Dortmund this season, they have either lost or drawn.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Dortmund are so thick sometimes. :lol: Some wonderful final third players but they've never been that hard to score against if you quickly play through the lines, always a mistake at the back and I can't believe after all these years Burki is still their number one.

Can see Leipzig finishing about 10 points clear of them as they've got the right balance between defence and attack.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
That's brutal. Dortmund has been really bad as of late.

The Irish Connection

Wamangituka, right wingback/winger i guess? He was taken off just after their 4th goal.
Oh yeah, he was decent bit sloppy, but their front players were all threatening to be fair. I was mainly watching sancho but the lad Koulibaly stood out for me from Stuttgart.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
[In hindsight] Favre's football has been dysfunctional all season. He was bailed out by Haaland's godlike finishing and a bunch of goals from corners. Now that Haaland is injured and luck has run out the wheels are coming off. I hope they sack him before Christmas instead of trying to sit this out until season's end in the name of stability.

The Stain

Oh yeah, he was decent bit sloppy, but their front players were all threatening to be fair. I was mainly watching sancho but the lad Koulibaly stood out for me from Stuttgart.
Cool. Yeah, Coulibaly is having a good season himself.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Make that 5.

You see the effort made by the Dortmund defense to chase Gonzalez on that goal

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Stuttgart did give problem to Bayern few weeks ago and scored first. Not surprised me at all how they are trashing Dortmund.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Can be there for 6 months so wouldn't need much power? Not a long term replacement.
I doubt Rangnick would want to do that. His past with Hoffenheim and Leipzig would also be an obstacle.

Blackwidow

Musiala starting...

Neuer
Neuer (c) - Pavard, Boateng, Alaba, Davies - Goretzka, Musiala - Gnabry, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You forgot Schalke...
Rangnick is such a mercenary (and I mean this in a neutral way) that this wouldn't be an issue at all imho.

Zorc apparently refused to give Sky an interview after the match, Favre is in trouble, even if he won't be sacked right away.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
[In hindsight] Favre's football has been dysfunctional all season. He was bailed out by Haaland's godlike finishing and a bunch of goals from corners. Now that Haaland is injured and luck has run out the wheels are coming off. I hope they sack him before Christmas instead of trying to sit this out until season's end in the name of stability.
Who do you think could be a good candidate to succeed Favre? I'm somewhat at a loss for names right now.
I've often wondered whether BVB should start looking at foreign top managers too, whether approaching for example Pochettino could be realistic and a good idea.

Now, Favre has overseen very poor performances and hugely disappointing moments at BVB before, and always managed to bounce back somewhat. Is this time different?

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Alaba and Boateng are the worst CB pairing I've ever seen in a Bayern shirt.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Who do you think could be a good candidate to succeed Favre? I'm somewhat at a loss for names right now.
I've often wondered whether BVB should start looking at foreign top managers too, whether approaching for example Pochettino could be realistic and a good idea.

Now, Favre has overseen very poor performances and hugely disappointing moments at BVB before, and always managed to bounce back somewhat. Is this time different?
The collapse in Favre's first season was disappointing, but as whole it was still a success, given how badly the previous year ended under Stöger. In his second season he probably had one foot in the grave, but just then he pulled out the 343 and after that performances were consistently quite good. Whereas a year ago the team's problem was that they would go up with Favre's football, but then squander the lead the problem now is that they can't create chances at all. Haaland and dead ball situations compensated a lot for that, but today's match looked like he lost the team and given that the problems are so fundamental and that he quite likely wouldn't have his contract extended next summer anyway I find it hard to imagine him bouncing back.
Rose and Nagelsmann would obviously be the most logical candidates, but Nagelsmann will probably look for a bigger job once he leaves Leipzig (and they wouldn't let him out of his contract so soon anyway). With Rose they might have better chances, but obviously only at the end of the season. The u23 coach is apparently quite progressive and highly rated in the lower leagues, so he could get a shot as an interim. Rangnick I find hard to imagine, though he would be kind of safe choice. Marsch will probably also be named by the papers, given that he speaks German, plays gutsy football and Salzburg might be more open than other clubs for a winter move, on the other hand he seems to be struggling himself at the moment.

I'm a bit wary of Pochettino, he'd probably demand a huge contract, suffer from the language barrier and he seemed to be quite happy in the underdog role at Spurs. I think - especially after Favre - Dortmund need someone ambitious, who brings a winning culture to the club and doesn't hide behind the financial disadvantages.

NYAS

Is Flick really playing only one midfielder here, with Tolisso and Roca on the bench? What’s the thinking?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Lots of situations today where the last bit of intensity was missing to reach the ball. Team seems throroughly ready for the winter break. Some of Flick's more experimental lineups, like todays', additionally aren't clicking so far. Somehow the overload of attacking players with Musiala alongside Müller seemed to do more harm than good to our attacking play, while obviously weakening our defense.