German Football 21/22 | Gladbach sign Farke

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Looking forward to Frankfurt - Gladbach. Adi Hütter returns to the club where the way he left caused a lot of trouble.

Some players might still hold a grudge and play extra motivated to really deepen his crisis (like Modeste apparently was yesterday against Wolfsburg because of his history with their DoF Schmadtke).

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Kovac actually had a positive reputation though...
For a midtable manager, yes. His appointment was just as farcical considering our clubs stature, and the result was unsurprisingly awful.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Looking forward to Frankfurt - Gladbach. Adi Hütter returns to the club where the way he left caused a lot of trouble.

Some players might still hold a grudge and play extra motivated to really deepen his crisis (like Modeste apparently was yesterday against Wolfsburg because of his history with their DoF Schmadtke).
Gladbach better keep it to 3 goals conceded or Hütter could be in trouble.

Modeste's interview was indeed quite fun:
https://www.sportschau.de/fussball/...-trifft-sich-immer-zwei-mal-im-leben-100.html

"It's very nice to win in Wolfsburg and push them into a crisis."

Football needs more grudges like that.

Of all people that could score the goal that potentially turns things around for Gladbach... it's Neuhaus. :lol:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
For a midtable manager, yes. His appointment was just as farcical considering our clubs stature, and the result was unsurprisingly awful.
Oh, I agree, it seemed really shortsighted. But Van Bommel left PSV after poor performance and was known to have been difficult to work with for the team and other staff. I'm all for second chances, but Wolfsburg must have been able to identify at least a dozen less risky options when they hired him.

Never a good contest to see who sucked the hardest though. :D

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Maybe this is confirmation bias, but that second goal... Frankfurt up the pace just a little bit and suddenly all of their attackers are completely unmarked, because basically none of the defenders shifts gear. At least they got a quick equalizer with that clumsy foul and penalty.

Okay, now they are falling apart again. :lol:

Last edited:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Maybe this is confirmation bias, but that second goal... Frankfurt up the pace just a little bit and suddenly all of their attackers are completely unmarked, because basically none of the defenders shifts gear. At least they got a quick equalizer with that clumsy foul and penalty.

Weird game in the end. Gladbach looked much better than in their last games I think, but still they lost 2-3 and were not able to score in the 20 minutes Frankfurt were down to ten men. On the other hand Frankfurt continue to be in great form and look more and more like a team that can simply soak up pressure without conceding (requiring their keeper to perform well, but that's what he's for, isn't he?).

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München

More and more that 2nd round cup game appears like the biggest freak incident in recent BuLi history:D Props to Glasner btw, he really put Eintracht on a good path again. Not a no-brainer with that squad.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Weird game in the end. Gladbach looked much better than in their last games I think, but still they lost 2-3 and were not able to score in the 20 minutes Frankfurt were down to ten men. On the other hand Frankfurt continue to be in great form and look more and more like a team that can simply soak up pressure without conceding (requiring their keeper to perform well, but that's what he's for, isn't he?).
It was a weird game indeed and not a very good one in terms of quality of play. On one hand you can give Gladbach some credit for trying to take charge of the game, but in general they still seemed very much lost at sea to me.

Defensively they were as shocking as before, the 1:2 and 2:3 are goals you simply must not concede this easily and after the third they completely fell apart: Frankfurt could have put them to the sword right then and there if they more clinical.

On the other hand: scored with the first chance, got a stupid penalty immediately after falling behind, Frankfurt conceding a stupid red just about when the wheels were coming off for Gladbach. They caught a lucky break at several turns in this game and still they lost. I'm not sure if they can take many positives from it.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I'm not sure if they can take many positives from it.
At least they scored more and conceded less than in any of their last three games :lol:

But overall I fully agree - this isn't enough for Gladbach. Now the gap between Europe and relegation is widening, and Gladbach stay on the wrong side of it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Leverkusen just can't help themselves, can they? :lol:

Beautiful goal from Dabbur at least.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Leverkusen just can't help themselves, can they? :lol:

Beautiful goal from Dabbur at least.
Feck me, again? :lol:

And Augsburg also equalize... forget what I wrote above about the widening gap in the league table :houllier:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Cheeky Bürki loan offer from Leverkusen over Christmas?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
By the way, no posts about refereeing conspiracies and fixed games today? I thought so..

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
That was despite him and mainly due to an epic BVB implosion.
Yes. He shouldn't have been hired and he was not good enough.
My point is though, our feck ups and the feck ups of the rest of the league take place in different dimensions.
Imagine us hiring Peter Stöger right after he was sacked from the last in the table.. and then let's judge the Kovac hiring on that scale.
We don't feck up as badly as they do, which is why we win the league every year for 10 years counting, instead of 3 in 4 or 2 in 3 as it used to be.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Lewandowski with a last gasp goal to poach the most Bundesliga goals in one calendar year record. Previously held by Gerd Müller, obviously. Set in 1972.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Herrmann starts over Plea and Neuhaus, Bensebaini has to tuck in and play CB (Elvedi missing) and Scally has replace him on the left. Not the best look.

On the other hand they already had two good attacks in the first few minutes.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
12th minute: first collective blackout from Gladbach's defense. :lol:

What's this sorcery? Football being played?
Having the amped up chants of about three kids constantly in my ear makes me question whether a break wouldn't have been the better idea after all. Why couldn't they go back to the old days of "Klatschpappen".

Blackwidow

Bielefeld now leading 2:0 with 10 men in Leipzig... Somehow I like the unpredictability of this league...

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund have been shocking this half. Why does Zagadou not start?
Zagadou had been out for 7 months, Rose didn't want to risk another injury by giving him his third start in seven games. Hummels picked up a cold midweek, if they had known they probably would have let Zagadou sit out midweek to have him able to start today. But having said that he's barely been able to play in the last two years and he was visibly rusty since his return.

I thought Haaland was onside for the disallowed goal?
On the TV still it kind of looked that way, but later they got the VAR line and there it seems like it was a close but clear call.

Last edited:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Bayern win the league before Xmas. 9 points clear of Dortmund. There is no serious competitive competition in this league.
You're the first to mention this.

Also, below Bayern and above Fürth, it's absolutely fascinating this year. You don't have to only look at the number 1 position you know.

Nick7

Zagadou had been out for 7 months, Rose didn't want to risk another injury by giving him his third start in seven games. Hummels picked up a cold midweek, otherwise they probably would have let Zagadou sit out midweek to have him able to start today. But having said that he's barely been able to play in the last two years and he was visibly rusty since his return.

On the TV still it kind of looked that way, but later they got the VAR line and there it seems like it was a close but clear call.

mav_9me

Zagadou had been out for 7 months, Rose didn't want to risk another injury by giving him his third start in seven games. Hummels picked up a cold midweek, if they had known they probably would have let Zagadou sit out midweek to have him able to start today. But having said that he's barely been able to play in the last two years and he was visibly rusty since his return.

Thanks

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

The second division is still a bit wild:
If Bremen win today we'd see Hamburg, Schalke and them within one point.
If Karlsruhe win the list of promotion hopefuls would go all the way down to 10th place.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

The second division is still a bit wild:
If Bremen win today we'd see Hamburg, Schalke and them within one point.
If Karlsruhe win the list of promotion hopefuls would go all the way down to 10th place.
Dortmund reserves legend Gordon scores to equalize.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund reserves legend Gordon scores to equalize.
Dortmund u23 legend and veteran of the battle of Leverkusen. One of the greats of lower level football adds another chapter to his story.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern

Hey buddy, I don't want to pour salt into the wound, but remember our little convesation couple weeks ago about ref decisions? I told you I'd pay attention and I didn't have to wait long. THIS is why Bayern keeps winning every year. Has nothing to do with refs, has little to do with Bayern's "poaching". Has everything to do with Dortmund losing to the 14th in the table. Remember that when we meet again in the second leg and inevitably you'll find something to complain about the referee cheating Dortmund out of a win.

Carry on.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Hey buddy, I don't want to pour salt into the wound, but remember our little convesation couple weeks ago about ref decisions? I told you I'd pay attention and I didn't have to wait long. THIS is why Bayern keeps winning every year. Has nothing to do with refs, has little to do with Bayern's "poaching". Has everything to do with Dortmund losing to the 14th in the table. Remember that when we meet again in the second leg and inevitably you'll find something to complain about the referee cheating Dortmund out of a win.

Carry on.
step 1: have twice as much revenue as the next club
step 2: profit from big team bias
step 3: get smug on the internet