German Football 21/22 | Gladbach sign Farke

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I might've only seen 25 minutes but Nico Schlotterbeck is putting in a masterclass.

Edit: Was that Andreas Hinkel on the Leipzig bench? Blast from the past, good player who got blighted by injuries during his prime.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Has been an absolute beast all game. Simakan on the other side was equally impressive.
Nico and Sule has the potential to be so good next season. Exactly what Dortmund need after the defensive issues this season, hopefully Adeyemi works out and Malen improves so the loss of Haaland isn't felt deeply and their offense suffers.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The referee is a proper football fan, it has to be said.

What a fecking tackling that is
It's a foul any day of the week for me. He may have hit the ball, but he's also butchering his opponent and it's not even clear which happened first.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Why would you lunge into such a tackle in a moment like that. Could very well be a penalty.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
The referee is a proper football fan, it has to be said.

It's a foul any day of the week for me. He may have hit the ball, but he's also butchering his opponent and it's not even clear which happened first.
If he hits the ball, which he apparently does, he does so before he touches the opponent and only the followthrough hits, he doesn't go through him

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
2 minutes of added time after spending 3 minutes to figure out that tackle? ^^

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If he hits the ball, which he apparently does, he does so before he touches the opponent and only the followthrough hits, he doesn't go through him
Maybe there was enough leeway to wave it through, but I think that scene would also easily qualify as reckless play, no matter the ball, and I think a lot of refs would have ruled it that way with VAR doing nothing about it.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Leipzig have had the possession but damn Freiburg had the best chances to win the game. Twice hitting the post and then Grifo, who you would get to score a belter, missed the target from a good position.

Bad news for the Austrian team.
True :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Good thing Dortmund already signed Schlotterbeck. I don't think his price would have stayed the same after this final.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Has been an absolute beast all game. Simakan on the other side was equally impressive.
I honestly wanted to see Schlotterbeck in our colors since I first saw him live in the "Alten Försterei" for Union. The sheer presence the lad had left a deep impression on me. Since then he only continued to impress me be it as a pillar of the Euro winning U21 or as key player for Freiburg. I normally try not to inflate my expectations too much for new signings but I truthfully think that in terms of pure potential he is the strongest defensive signing we made in over a decade.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
I fear this day is gonna haunt Freiburg fans for a long time...what a missed opportunity.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Absolutely not the outcome I (and many others) wished for but fair play to RB, coming back while being a man down was no easy feat.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
If only he'd lifted his head before he struck the ball...why don't more players do that? The keeper always choses a side and you can just pass it the opposite way.

I never had a problem with penalties in my life (in my head).

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I honestly wanted to see Schlotterbeck in our colors since I first saw him live in the "Alten Försterei" for Union. The sheer presence the lad had left a deep impression on me. Since then he only continued to impress me be it as a pillar of the Euro winning U21 or as key player for Freiburg. I normally try not to inflate my expectations too much for new signings but I truthfully think that in terms of pure potential he is the strongest defensive signing we made in over a decade.
I hate his hair though. Don't trust any young kid with frosted hair, even Schweinstieger admitted he became better after he good rid of that ridiculous spike hair and had a normal haircut.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Meh. Oh, well. Moving on…

Is Rose or Favre signing for Gladbach?