German Football 22/23 | 2. Bundesliga returns | Hamburg vs Schalke 20:30 |

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Hannover rotating more for this match than Dortmund... Quite clear where our priority lies this season, and it isn't the cup. Should be an easy win for Dortmund, but if they lose I'm already sorry, I'm going to be unbearable in this thread for you @do.ob :devil:
In the end it was the expected easy win. Really should have scored the third though.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
In the end it was the expected easy win. Really should have scored the third though.
Yeah, you scored the goals, we didn't. Was still a good game for us, not so impressive from Dortmund I think. Nonetheless a deserved win, so congrats for that.

Blackwidow

Three of four matches in extra time - Freiburg vs St. Pauli - Paderborn vs Bremen and Sandhausen vs Karlsruhe.
All still open after 111 to 114 minutes...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yeah, you scored the goals, we didn't. Was still a good game for us, not so impressive from Dortmund I think. Nonetheless a deserved win, so congrats for that.
I was joking to be honest. :nervous:

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Should be 3 or 4:1 for Bayern. Too wasteful again.

Just before halftime an Augsburg player pulled Musiala's shirt several times until he went down. And NO yellow card.
This shows Aytekin statement he had no choice but had to send off Coman is just bullshit.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Saw the highlights of the Dortmund match, god they are so horrible at the moment. Should have lost by 3-4 goals but ended up winning with an own goal and penalty.

Bayern could be as bad they were under Klinsmann and they'll still win the season easily. Union will surely start to falter soon enough, they're they only viable challenger.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Leipzig :lol:
But Augsburg now down to 10 with 20 mins to go... that 3-0 lead has to be enough still.

Oh dear, 3-1

Annnd 3-2 with minutes to go :mad:

3-3, feeeeeeeck offffff

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What was going on with Stuttgart, I've never seen an away block this dead. Were the ultras held back by police?

Blackwidow

Frankfurt is 4th right now. Between Freiburg and Dortmund. They lead 3:0 at halftime in Gladbach.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If I'm not mistaken Leverkusen have now given away five penalties in their last three games (while missing two themselves, naturally). Surely they must be closing in on some record?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
If I'm not mistaken Leverkusen have now given away five penalties in their last three games (while missing two themselves, naturally). Surely they must be closing in on some record?
Give our next game to Brych again and we might very well secure one ;)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Give our next game to Brych again and we might very well secure one ;)
To be fair the other penalty was extremely harsh too, so in terms of bs calls things kind of evened out. I've also seen that Leverkusen have missed all of their six penalties in 2022, with I believe three different players trying their luck. I'm sorry, but why is this team such a meme? If we assume - for the sake of the joke - that every penalty has a 75% chance to be converted, the odds for missing six in a row would be 0.02% :D

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
To be fair the other penalty was extremely harsh too, so in terms of bs calls things kind of evened out. I've also seen that Leverkusen have missed all of their six penalties in 2022, with I believe three different players trying their luck. I'm sorry, but why is this team such a meme? If we assume - for the sake of the joke - that every penalty has a 75% chance to be converted, the odds for missing six in a row would be 0.02% :D
Yeah, well, that kind of proves that we're better off if the referee doesn't give out penalties at all than a soft one on both sides ;)

Maybe the VAR cellar should not be in Cologne? ;)
Absolutely!

Blackwidow

Last Bochum leads against first Union Berlin with 2:0 in minute 79. Bochum's goalie just saved a penalty from Union. Schalke last right now.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Schwolow might be a worse keeper than Hradecky and that is saying something.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Pretty decent draw:
We have Frankfurt vs Darmstadt, which I assume is some kind of derby?
Bochum vs Dortmund is definitely a derby.
Bayern's fixture sees their lauded super star striker return to the club that gave him his break through.
and of course the "Nu Plastico".

Blackwidow

Pretty decent draw:
We have Frankfurt vs Darmstadt, which I assume is some kind of derby?
Bochum vs Dortmund is definitely a derby.
Bayern's fixture sees their lauded super star striker return to the club that gave him his break through.
and of course the "Nu Plastico".
Distance between the stadiums between Frankfurt and Darmstadt are not even 25 km - or 20 minutes with the S-Bahn from one to the other main train station. Frankfurt - Offenbach is the biggest rivalry- but then Darmstadt follows. Often is or was a problem with the different leagues.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

A policeman has been hospitalized after he fell to the ground and was kicked in the head repeatedly, when his unit went into the away section at yesterday's Hertha vs Schalke match.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Just like that, Schalke are in trouble once again. Hopefully Schröder's doing alright, but this has come at a terrible time for the club. Maybe this'll allow the club to bring in someone who can take them to the next level, but at this stage, I doubt that any of those directors would want to join Schalke.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Just like that, Schalke are in trouble once again. Hopefully Schröder's doing alright, but this has come at a terrible time for the club. Maybe this'll allow the club to bring in someone who can take them to the next level, but at this stage, I doubt that any of those directors would want to join Schalke.
If personal reasons came up just as shit is hitting the fan and finding/appointing a new coach is dragging on, then that would be hell of a coincidence.
I don't think Schröder was their problem, the club is just structurally fecked. They had a mediocre 2nd division squad last year that was dragged over the line by Terodde, who is a nothing player in the top division. They have no money, yet they had to do a huge rebuild again - staying up was always a long shot. Unlike Bremen, who managed to keep their squad together much better both after relegation and promotion and are now reaping the rewards.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The streak continues. Even the final whistle can't stop this team's dedication. Hradecky trying his best to give his customary assist, too.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The streak continues. Even the final whistle can't stop this team's dedication. Hradecky trying his best to give his customary assist, too.
Jokes aside, that was an absolutely scandalous call.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Schalke appoint Thomas Reis!

On paper he's probably better than they could have expected. I think if they want to survive they have to rely on fans, emotions and vibes, because the cold sporting facts are just overwhelmingly against them and that seems to be one of his strong suits. Though of course it would be wrong to reduce him to a pure motivator, Bochum played some solid football, at least last season. Speaking of Bochum, the proximity of the two cities obviously adds a lot of spice to this appointment from a fan perspective, given - barring a few intermezzos elsewhere - Reis had been with Bochum since the 90s.

Jokes aside, that was an absolutely scandalous call.
I don't think this was on a level where VAR needs to intervene, so in that respect it was an odd call, especially with all the added drama of the final whistle. But Hincapie (assuming here that he made contact) was looking at the ball the whole time and still left his hand sticking out. So I can see why a ref would take the position that naivety or stupidity doesn't protect you from consequences.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Speaking of Bochum, the proximity of the two cities obviously adds a lot of spice to this appointment from a fan perspective, given - barring a few intermezzos elsewhere - Reis had been with Bochum since the 90s.
It also makes it a no-lose situation for Reis. He doesn't even have to move for his new job, and if he fails he gets a free pass because its Schalke, it won't really hurt his reputation.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Schalke appoint Thomas Reis!

On paper he's probably better than they could have expected. I think if they want to survive they have to rely on fans, emotions and vibes, because the cold sporting facts are just overwhelmingly against them and that seems to be one of his strong suits. Though of course it would be wrong to reduce him to a pure motivator, Bochum played some solid football, at least last season. Speaking of Bochum, the proximity of the two cities obviously adds a lot of spice to this appointment from a fan perspective, given - barring a few intermezzos elsewhere - Reis had been with Bochum since the 90s.

I don't think this was on a level where VAR needs to intervene, so in that respect it was an odd call, especially with all the added drama of the final whistle. But Hincapie (assuming here that he made contact) was looking at the ball the whole time and still left his hand sticking out. So I can see why a ref would take the position that naivety or stupidity doesn't protect you from consequences.
Have you seen Graefe's statement on the call? He suggested that the game would have gone to court had the second shot gone in on top of hand being a wrong decision to begin with. It was a truly terrible call

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Have you seen Graefe's statement on the call? He suggested that the game would have gone to court had the second shot gone in on top of hand being a wrong decision to begin with. It was a truly terrible call
Manuel Gräfe would know everything about absolutely terrible handball calls