German Football 22/23 | 2. Bundesliga returns | Hamburg vs Schalke 20:30 |

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Sommer is consistently world class when Bayern are on the pitch, I am 100% sold on this
some white text

Blackwidow

Clowns..
Nobody for the future, but a quick fix until the Euros. For that he probably is an ideal solution. He knows the DFB, the league, is experienced as manager, old but not ancient, if I see it right is usually seen as positive figure etc.
And he only is responsible for the national team!

But I hope they search now with patience for a solution after!

Blackwidow

Cheers. I think he is a fine young goalkeeper, though haven't watched his recent games, any reason Bayern are letting him go?
Does not want to fight for the spot? Might have recognized that he is not good enough for a big club?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Sommer got a contract until 2025. I guess Nübel will be sold in summer.
Why? I mean Sommer is basically signed as a no 2 anyway, once Neuer comes back, so he could be Nübel's no2 anyway. IF he ever ends up returning to Bayern.

Blackwidow

Why? I mean Sommer is basically signed as a no 2 anyway, once Neuer comes back, so he could be Nübel's no2 anyway. IF he ever ends up returning to Bayern.
Nübel is not top club material... Does not have the abilities and the mentality...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Nübel is not top club material... Does not have the abilities and the mentality...
That may very well be the case, but I don't really see how that has a lot to do with the length of Sommer's contract, because I don't really see him as Bayern's no1 - beyond Neuer's current injury - either.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
:lol:

@do.ob is fuming inside
I mean look at his resume:
-Almost won a trophy running the 3rd/4th biggest spender in the country for 20 years.
-Successfully implemented the comfort zone club philosophy.
-Successfully implemented a scheme where they buy one expensive-ish youngster after another and sold one of them for €30m once.
-Successfully transitioned Leverkusen into an Euro League team.
-Successfully made sure there's always tickets available for Leverkusen games.
-Successfully appealed to young fans by establishing that Latte Machiato is a women's drink that's no option for a classicaly masculine figure.
-Successfully put a female reporter in her place.

His critical thinking and charisma is just what was needed to reform the DFB and grow the game with young generations.

Last edited:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
That may very well be the case, but I don't really see how that has a lot to do with the length of Sommer's contract, because I don't really see him as Bayern's no1 - beyond Neuer's current injury - either.
Thing with Neuer is, he'll be 37 soon and noone knows in which form he'll come back. For what it's worth, he could remain the best German keep until his fourties at best or at worst the broken leg could already have been the nail in the coffin after a generally less convincing half of the season. Why would a young and promising keeper take the risk of becoming Nübel 2.0? I think Bayern would have preferred to sign Sommer on a 0.5 or 1.5 year contract as well but obviously Sommer has no interest in that. And chances are that if Neuer takes back his starting spot for good, Sommer will be willing to leave and Bayern willing to let him go.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I mean look at his resume:
-Almost won a trophy running the 3rd/4th biggest spender in the country for 20 years.
-Successfully implemented the comfort zone club philosophy.
-Successfully implemented a scheme where they buy one expensive-ish youngster after another and sold one of them for €30m once.
-Successfully transitioned Leverkusen into an Euro League team.
-Successfully made sure there's always tickets available for Leverkusen games.
-Successfully appealed to young fans by established that Latte Machiatto is a women's drink that's no option for a classicaly masculine figure.
-Successfully put a femal reporter in her place.

His critical thinking and charisma is just what was needed to reform the DFB and grow the game with young generations.
You're right. By the look of that list, he'd be a much better fit for Dortmund than for the DFB.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You're right. By the look of that list, he'd be a much better fit for Dortmund than for the DFB.
If Dortmund intended to be run like it's 2005 they probably could have hired him. But they don't and neither should the DFB.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
If Dortmund intended to be run like it's 2005 they probably would have hired him. But they don't and neither should the DFB.
Maybe they didn't hire him because the Vizekusen and comfort zone mentality is already deeply ingrained in the club anyway, so employing him would be a little bit redundant.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I told you guys Völler never should have been on that panel in the first place. :cool:
I mean, he's probably saving us from a few more Bauchentscheidungen from Watzke.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's made worse by 'geil' meaning 'horny' in Dutch.

Although I suppose that doesn't bother you guys quite as much.
Naturally - Dutch being the poor man's German - the meaning is present in German as well.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Naturally - Dutch being the poor man's German - the meaning is present in German as well.
In Dutch it doesn't mean anything else, but happy you get at least a glimpse of it.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
would have counted had it been Rashford and not de Ligt :wenger:

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
It was the first match after a 2 months break. Totally normal that the teams need a couple of games to get into full gear again.

Last edited:

Blackwidow

He's last man, ergo prevented a goal scoring opportunity. Joke of a decision, clear red.
It was still far from goal and De Ligt was already in a full sprint on same height. Rose, Leipzig's coach told in the press conference that he was fine with that decision.