German Football 22/23 | 2. Bundesliga returns | Hamburg vs Schalke 20:30 |

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The big wigs just didn't like him, nor the fact that the title isn't yet wrapped up like it is most years in March.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

This seems so random:
The club let Lewandowski go without a replacement, Neuer has been injured half the season.

He lost three games all season. One of them against Gladbach even.

His CL record is 8/8, against Barca, Inter, PSG - 21:2 goals.

let's wait and see what the media come up with.
Where there is smoke, there is fire. I expect him to be gone.

In the league they are behind Dortmund despite having vastly superior resources. And their style of play is stale.
Both important factors for those who decide at Bayern.

Btw, I am not saying that I agree with firing him. Just adding context.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
BILD reported that Bayern sacked Nagelsmann. Tuchel is favourite to get the new coach.
I have only just realised today that he has been sacked. Just shows how things pass me by when there is an international break. Why did they sack him, my god the league is competitive for once? Tuchel? Surely that is asking for a big clash of personalities?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I have only just realised today that he has been sacked. Just shows how things pass me by when there is an international break. Why did they sack him, my god the league is competitive for once? Tuchel? Surely that is asking for a big clash of personalities?
All of it is weird, there will surely be droves of articles on the whole affair in the coming weeks. Something more besides the league form must have been going on to turn the board who spent unprecdented money for the transfer against him. Might also be an internal power struggle within the board with Brazzo on the losing side, since he was a / the main proponent of Nagelsmann.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
All of it is weird, there will surely be droves of articles on the whole affair in the coming weeks. Something more besides the league form must have been going on to turn the board who spent unprecdented money for the transfer against him. Might also be an internal power struggle within the board with Brazzo on the losing side, since he was a / the main proponent of Nagelsmann.
Is Tuchel definitely the favourite for the job, isn't he a bit confrontational. I agree you wonder if their is something else going on as it is an odd time to ditch your manager.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Is Tuchel definitely the favourite for the job, isn't he a bit confrontational. I agree you wonder if their is something else going on as it is an odd time to ditch your manager.
He isn't only the favourite, he already signed and held his first press conference today.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Huge news for KSC I guess? I mean sure, he's quite old, but it doesn't seem like he'd be forced to join a 2nd division club.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

Huge news for KSC I guess? I mean sure, he's quite old, but it doesn't seem like he'd be forced to join a 2nd division club.
Been in the making for weeks, think he still has family in Karlsruhe. It's where he comes from after all

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
https://www.kicker.de/landen-dfl-un...icht-die-vollkaskoversicherung-944109/artikel

"Interesting" situation in German football, where Watzke - in his function as chairman of Bundesliga's (DFL's) supervisory board threatens the DFB with escalating a dispute - about the amount of money that the professional leagues hand over to their association every year - to the point of arbitration and ultimately ripping up their partnership alltogether.

In isolation this probably wouldn't be much more than standard public negotiation tactics, however the "fun" part is that Watzke is also vice president of the DFB he himself is threatening of pushing to the brink of bankruptcy.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
HSV doing their annual ritual again...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Xabi, my friend. It's Schalke, they scored 21 goals in 25 games. Why do you have to play 4 CBs still.

Blackwidow

Even with that - they lead 2:0 right now.

But --- Mainz leads 3:0 in Leipzig... --- and Augsburg 2:0 in Wolfsburg...

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Messi-esque goal by Wirtz

Xabi, my friend. It's Schalke, they scored 21 goals in 25 games. Why do you have to play 4 CBs still.
Worked out. Tapsoba with three or four perfect through balls.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Spectacular interview by Kahn. FC Hollywood back there

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
What did he say?

I wonder if our lineup is a classical 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 or something really weird. Kicker is going with weird right now, i hope it's not that.

This is what i'd expect to see as well:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
What did he say?

I wonder if our lineup is a classical 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 or something really weird. Kicker is going with weird right now, i hope it's not that.

This is what i'd expect to see as well:
Kahn and Matthäus had a little disagreement and it got a little :D FC Hollywood stuff

Charlie Foley

Andy Brassell this Thursday was talking about how the question is always on the old/new coach but we should be asking more questions about Kahn. Basically institutional stability has always been important to Bayern working well and Kahn isn’t doing that

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Dortmund are physically incapable of winning the bundesliga at this point

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I think that's karma because do.ob always makes fun of Hradecky

NYAS

Every single season I tune into this game and every single season I end up switching the channel at around 30’. Business as usual here. So fecking boring.