German Football 23/24 |

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
But we'll totally smash Arsenal..!
When I accidentally listened to Sky90 last week and they suggested to sack Tuchel and pursue Mourinho as an interim I had to shake my head.

.. But maybe they had a point?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
*quickly checking how many points Bayern still have on 5th place*

They have to sack Tuchel now, don't they? I mean it can't get much worse than this, can it?

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
That's on Tuchel. Why in hell did he change both center backs?

Not looking forward to the match against Arsenal. They can't bottle this, we became a complete joke.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Winning the league right in between those West Ham matches isn't gonna be ideal. Gonna be tough to stay focused after such a historic feat...

Infestissumam

Is it that Tuchel is that bad or Bayern just given up the chase?
they've surely given up, but they have been shambolic all year. 3rd most goals against in the league since the start of the year.

I've seen people suggest Tuchel in the "who replaces EtH?" thread. Can't imagine a worse nightmare scenario, tbh.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm already bracing myself for disappointment, but Dortmund could move within four points of Bayern with a win.. :lol:

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
Is it that Tuchel is that bad or Bayern just given up the chase?
They still have one point more than last season. Bayern has been declining for years, it´s just that the teams around them declined at the same level and Dortmund are serial bottlers. This season just sticks out cause another team decided to be great rather than slightly above average, so it seems like Bayern are doing worse.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
They still have one point more than last season. Bayern has been declining for years, it´s just that the teams around them declined at the same level and Dortmund are serial bottlers. This season just sticks out cause another team decided to be great rather than slightly above average, so it seems like Bayern are doing worse.
Thanks.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
While the result so far is very dangerous and a win would be huge for our hopes of securing fourth place I have to say that this is actually a pretty good performance. Not something that could be said a lot this season, this is a far cry from the two matches against Stuttgart in the first half of the season. Stuttgart however are still a strong opponent, this is tight.

Last edited:

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Nevermind, that was abysmal. Brandt's jogging pisses me off.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Good synopsis. Without Leverkusen season for the ages Bayern would probably cruise to a title despite being shit. Maybe this season triggers some change which they desperately need.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Adeyemi got a penalty.. what's next? Leverkusen winning the league?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Also who allowed the Bayern - Köln game to be played in white/red - red/white, it's confusing as hell

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Things are looking pretty grim for Köln now. Especially since Mainz have been in stellar form lately: 10 points from their last 4 games. Köln has a relatively kind fixture list and the two still play each other (albeit in Mainz), so it's not hopeless yet. But considering how painfully they have been struggling for goals, even before Selke broke his foot, they will probably need quite a bit of good fortune on dead balls and counter attacks to even have a chance of catching someone.

On the other hand a lot of clubs are contenders for the playoff now. Having watched them today, I wouldn't even call Gladbach 100% safe.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Things are looking pretty grim for Köln now. Especially since Mainz have been in stellar form lately: 10 points from their last 4 games. Köln has a relatively kind fixture list and the two still play each other (albeit in Mainz), so it's not hopeless yet. But considering how painfully they have been struggling for goals, even before Selke broke his foot, they will probably need quite a bit of good fortune on dead balls and counter attacks to even have a chance of catching someone.

On the other hand a lot of clubs are contenders for the playoff now. Having watched them today, I wouldn't even call Gladbach 100% safe.
That really shapes up to be more interesting than expected.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That really shapes up to be more interesting than expected.
You're focusing on 16th place here, right? Aside from Bochum and Köln I think most teams would win the playoff quite comfortably. The teams behind St. Pauli don't seem to be particularly strong.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
You're focusing on 16th place here, right? Aside from Bochum and Köln I think most teams would win the playoff quite comfortably. The teams behind St. Pauli don't seem to be particularly strong.
Yes, Mainz' current run causes some clubs to be in the danger zone again who already believed to be safe.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Stuttgart in cruise control... already 3-0 up against Frankfurt. So they will surely keep their 7 points distance to 5th place and march towards CL qualification for the first time in ages. Also keep level with Bayern, so it's really a race for second place :lol:

Blackwidow

I guess that's Coman out for the next 6 months :nervous:
No. But atleast for the rest of the season. And even if Romano tells otherweise - for the Euros, too. Atleast after the last two injuries and coming back too early it would be stupid to do that again...

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
24 muscle injuries and the season isn't even over. What's suddenly wrong with fitness and medical units?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That Baumgart appointment hasn't exactly paid off for Hamburg so far, has it? I mean even if the assumption was that they weren't going to win promotion with Walter either way, the results (and I think also the way they come about?!) are approaching a level that's going to overshadow their outlook for next season.